Code of Conduct

Default Fake Burberry London 100ml?

Hi,

I have just decided to get a 100ml backup bottle of Burberry London as my 30ml bottle is running low, but the box that i have received is kinda weird looking. You can see it on the left side, the box is totally different from my old 30ml box (on the right). I have searched for pictures and the only thing that comes up every time is the bottle design that i have with the little patch, no pictures of this design whatsoever. The only place i have found this design is eBay, which is generally full of fakes, as we know. BTW, i got it from Notino which is generally reliable, but still.

The bottle and everything else looks fine. I haven't had the chance to give it a full wearing, but upon first sniff, it smells fine. I searched for the code and it was made in 2009 (code was 9155), maybe the changed up the box design? Thanks very much.

IMG_20190815_162940.jpg
    Last edited by mszigetihu; 15th August 2019 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fake Burberry London 100ml?

Well if the code says 2009, I can assure you that is not the 2009 box for it. I was gonna say maybe it's a new box but then i read you said the code is 2009. The box doesn't really scream counterfeit to me as much as it just looks different. Does the box say tester anywhere on it, cause the basic cardboard look could mean it's just a tester box they put an older bottle in. Also did it come wrapped in cellophane?

They're probably gonna move this thread once it gets bumped.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Wild Forest by Armand Basi

Yeah, it doesn't look cheap or anything, but it's "Made in Germany", which is weird. Yes, it came wrapped, its not a tester.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't look cheap or anything, but it's "Made in Germany", which is weird. Yes, it came wrapped, its not a tester.
    Just pulled my started bottle off the shelf. Doesn't say anything with Germany on the bottom, nor do I recall that on the box. I do remember Arabic writing on the box, which I know is standard for Burberry London. My batch code is aj5jv5gw which I can't find any info on, but I purchased this in 2011 I think. If you can take pics of the bottom of the bottle as well as take the cap off, to see the sprayer.

If you say it smells on par with your other, then I wouldn't worry. Maybe other BN'ers can weigh in on if these were ever produced in Germany in that box. I know this fragrance is insanely popular throughout the fragrance community, so I'm sure others will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Just pulled my started bottle..
    Thanks for the input. Yeah, my old bottle has the Arabic writing as well and it was made in France. Also, the batch code looks very different: 024B09 (from 2011).

The sprayer looks the same as my old bottle, also cannot find any flaws on the bottle, exactly the same. Some more pics:

IMG_20190815_172240.jpg
    IMG_20190815_172248.jpg
    IMG_20190815_172301.jpg
    IMG_20190815_172309.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Not heard of this being faked before but of course not out of the realm of possibility.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I started noticing recently at discount retailers that the Burberry London box design has changed and it looked exactly like what you have in the photo - a more plain flat carton design rather than the older version which emulates their trademark plaid/tartan design. If the bottle looks and smells right I am sure you got the real thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    I started noticing recently at discount retailers that the Burberry London box design has changed and it looked exactly like what you have in the photo - a more plain flat carton design rather than the older version which emulates their trademark plaid/tartan design. If the bottle looks and smells right I am sure you got the real thing.
    Thank you for confirming this. Now others know what to look for as well. OP, your sprayer looks identical to mine, so I wouldn't worry. Every bottle of Burberry London I've gone through has the same distinctive all black sprayer and neck.

Also @ Hednic, Burberry London is highly fakes in Asian markets. Wish.com is a good example of a site that sells very believable looking fakes at near normal grey market prices, with deceiving stock pics, until you get the bottle in hand. iOffer was another site infamous for selling knock offs on frags, and some very impressive by Killian's and TF Private Blends that bottle wise could fool even an expert. iOffer really cleaned up their act and got rid of all the counterfeit stuff on their site after being shut down for a month, and now they're just another crappy site with cheap apparel.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    The weird thing is that this new box was made in 2009 according to the code and my old one is from 2011. So if the bottle changed, we would see a lot more of the new design, but i have never seen this anywhere.

I think the code should be 2019, they probably refresh every ten years and the algorithm did not recognise it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I think the code should be 2019, they probably refresh every ten years and the algorithm did not recognise it.
    That could very well be. Was thinking that also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Yup, absolutely correct, I forgot about this, and it can be confusing.