Code of Conduct
    sauriel

Default Please use caution when shopping at Nose Paris

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a first hand account of my pretty awful experience with Nose Paris so that perhaps someone else can avoid the issues I went through. I placed a large order of roughly 700 euros on 7/19/19, after roughly a week went past I contacted the store and asked if there was an update on my order. A representative from the store reached back out to me and asked if I could send them a picture of my credit card and drivers license. I personally was not comfortable with this and let the representative know but did so anyways to facilitate the order. I never received a response to those items being sent and yet another week went by with no communication so I again reached out. Twenty four hours later and still no response I sent another email to please just go ahead and cancel my order, later that day I received a response that they were sorry it had already shipped and there was nothing they could do. This was fine by me as I still wanted the order but was hoping for better communication. A few days later I head out to lunch and come back to a package sitting on my front porch that was absolutely destroyed and should never have been delivered in the first place by DHL. The package was both smashed and opened. I immediately knew it was my order and took pics right away to send to Nose in the event that the contents inside were not ok. Upon opening the package the six samples that were in my order were all empty and the contents leeched into the full bottles boxes I had ordered. On top of this the boxes inside were smashed so severely that it chipped the glass bottles and opened all of the boxes as well. I took some more pictures and noticed while doing so that the DHL yellow tape on the outside of the package said "repackaged". I sent everything to Nose and had a representative ask if they could call me besides reaching out to DHL and them telling me I had to deal with the retailer. The representative called and I went over everything that had happened, she immediately told me this was odd and had never happened before (lie as I have received smashed boxes from them before but always contents were fine along with many reviews online stating the same as my issue). I politely stated that everything inside was opened and the bottles themselves even damaged with chips. She told me she would need to speak with her director and get back with me right away. I have been emailing them ever since for a response with all communication cutoff on their part. I finally had to file a claim with PayPal but let this be a lesson to anyone that wants to purchase from them in the very likely event that DHL will damage your package and they refuse to cover it.[

ATTACH=CONFIG]107243[/ATTACH]
    IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Please use caution when shopping at Nose Paris

That looks awful

That is very poor. They should return the money to you straight away and take it up with DHL, regardless whether the package was insured or not. You as the customer should not have to suffer because of the incompetence of the seller and courier at all.

OMG this is horrible. Good thing PayPal has buyer protection!!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Always good to pay with Paypal in case of situations like this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

I'm sorry to read about your experience. That said, accusing the retailer with so little information on where is the problem seems a little unappropriate to me. I have bought at the Nose store directly, and received some of the best advices, with SA that are real fragheads.

To me, that sounds more a problem of the local Paris DHL services, than a problem with Nose: really, why would they destroy the package to steal samples they have all day long in their store?
    Again, if that happened to others, that sounds like the DHL pick up guy knows what they are shipping, and try to steal for his wife. Anyways, I hope you solve, but would suggest you delete that thread, as that could make you risk a legal action from Nose for diffamation, given that you have no clue of your statements. (Note: I have no relationship to Nose other than having bought there once, I am just making you aware).

That said, the lack of communication is not acceptable, and they clearly have someone not doing a good job there at the customer service, and they should ship in more resistant boxes for sure.

Just a question: why haven't you just called DHL to say that you decline the delivery, without opening the box? You had the right to do so.

sauriel

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I'm sorry to read about your experience. That said, accusing the retailer with so little information on where is the problem seems a little unappropriate to me. I have bought at the Nose store directly, and received some of the best advices, with SA that are real fragheads.

To me, that sounds more a problem of the local Paris DHL services, than a problem with Nose: really, why would they destroy the package to steal samples they have all day long in their store?
    Again, if that happened to others, that sounds like the DHL pick up guy knows what they are shipping, and try to steal for his wife. Anyways, I hope you solve, but would suggest you delete that thread, as that could make you risk a legal action from Nose for diffamation, given that you have no clue of your statements. (Note: I have no relationship to Nose other than having bought there once, I am just making you aware).

That said, the lack of communication is not acceptable, and they clearly have someone not doing a good job there at the customer service, and they should ship in more resistant boxes for sure.

Just a question: why haven't you just called DHL to say that you decline the delivery, without opening the box? You had the right to do so.
    Wow man I can't even believe your statement...Where do I being...

1) Obviously you have never had a package destroyed being shipped from somewhere, the shipping company will not deal with you whatsoever as it was not you who shipped the item so you are unable to make a claim. Also, as if it matters I sent the pictures to DHL and called them and as stated they directed me to the retailer

2) What are you talking about Nose destroyed the package to steal samples? Read the original post, nothing was stolen it was all smashed

3) A company does have an obligation to the consumer even more so in Europe to ensure that a product reaches its destination as they have stricter pro consumer laws than here

4) I really hope if these are your true feelings you never own a business yourself

5) You sound as if you are part owner of Nose

6) I called and emailed them many times and they straight up stopped responding to me on an order that was over 700 euro!

7) Please lookup the definition of defamation

8) The Nose representative is the one that asked me to open the box and inspect the contents

sauriel

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Always good to pay with Paypal in case of situations like this.
    Agreed.

sauriel

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    That is very poor. They should return the money to you straight away and take it up with DHL, regardless whether the package was insured or not. You as the customer should not have to suffer because of the incompetence of the seller and courier at all.
    Yes, this has always been my experience in the past whenever there was an issue so I was blown away by this lack of response which is why I shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Again, if that happened to others, that sounds like the DHL pick up guy knows what they are shipping, and try to steal for his wife.
    This is definitely not what is happening here. Parcels are scanned on pick-up and there is full traceability end-to-end in terms of who is handling the parcel. You as the customer don't see it in your tracking information, however, the information is kept in DHL's internal systems for the exact case that something goes wrong or missing.

Chances are the box has been damaged in transit. It may have been run over by a rouge forklift in the distribution center or maimed by other equipment. These things do happen, but it's still piss-poor service from DHL, and shame on the seller for not being communicative and accommodating to a wronged customer.

Fun fact: I used DHL daily to send shipments in the past. Routine shipments arrived 99.9% of the time in a timely manner, but they seemed to struggle with anything out of the ordinary. A couple of memorable instances: they lost a visa application for one of our IT staff that they needed to visit their offshore team and India. But the best one was when they misplaced golf clubs belonging to the director of supply chain in our company. That was a bag of laughs because DHL were literally *****ing themselves since he had a say whether their contract would be renewed or not. The account manager was practically kowtowing.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. I've received many orders from Nose though, and I must say your experience seems particularly unlucky - I've had no issues, especially since they moved to DHL instead of Colissimo. I have had experience of parcels (not from Nose) being damaged en route and I think in some cases delays are down to the courier company, who can mess around the shipper. Still no excuse for poor communication from Nose, something which I fortunately have not had happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sauriel View Post
    Wow man I can't even believe your statement...Where do I being...

1) Obviously you have never had a package destroyed being shipped from somewhere, the shipping company will not deal with you whatsoever as it was not you who shipped the item so you are unable to make a claim. Also, as if it matters I sent the pictures to DHL and called them and as stated they directed me to the retailer

2) What are you talking about Nose destroyed the package to steal samples? Read the original post, nothing was stolen it was all smashed

3) A company does have an obligation to the consumer even more so in Europe to ensure that a product reaches its destination as they have stricter pro consumer laws than here

4) I really hope if these are your true feelings you never own a business yourself

5) You sound as if you are part owner of Nose

6) I called and emailed them many times and they straight up stopped responding to me on an order that was over 700 euro!

7) Please lookup the definition of defamation

8) The Nose representative is the one that asked me to open the box and inspect the contents

1) you have the right to decline a delivery if any part of the box is seriously damaged (that was the case here), giving reasonable suspicions that the content may be altered or damaged. Surprising that you re an expert of consumer european laws and don't know that.

4) you should understand that shitting on a company before the dispute is closed may act negatively towards you. That also shouldn't be hard to understand.

5) If I was, my wallet wouldn't have gone out of there $300 lighter. I just can't stand this attitude of the "rich bad seller" vs the "poor desperate buyer". You had a very bad experience, that for sure, but you don't even know where was the issue. Why didn't you say "use caution when using DHL?" How do you know Nose is the problem and DHL has done everything right? I understand you're upset, their communication is definitely bad, but for the shipment itself I question if they have any responsability for what occured (unless it was badly packaged).

6) when I agreed with you and stated "That said, the lack of communication is not acceptable", what is the part you don't understand?

7) I perfectly know it since I have a degree in Law, and it implies "public statements". Since a forum is publicly accessible, there is a risk. You undersay all along your post that they made a mistake, and try to hurt there business before having the dispute case closed. There have been several cases of people condemned for shitting on online seller on forum/reviews. Just wanted to warn you on that, but next I'll remember not to try to help. By the way, the code of conduct of this forum states:
    "1.3 Do not defame, abuse or threaten others.
    As well as other Community Users, this includes businesses, traders, sellers and people outside of the Community."

If you communicated with them in the same manner you answered me, that's no surprise you don't hear from them anymore. Their absence communication is definitely wrong, but a forum is no place for revenge.

Basenotes Junkie

Nose is definitely doing horrible job with their communication, but I had nothing but very positive experience with them.
    Last time I shopped with them I got a call from their representative just to tell me that one free sample from my order is not in stock and asked me to pick something else.
    They also gave me a free sample of Aventus Cologne on top of my order, since they just got it in stock and it wasn't available for purchase, so I just sent them a message and asked for it.

Basenotes Junkie

I hope you get your money back in full. That is egregious in how you are receiving service from both the store and the courier.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

sauriel

Nose replies back today finally that DHS says the driver couldn't recall any damage upon delivery and that it has been known that thieves buy repackage DHL tape in order to fake such events. Grade A customer service all around.

Take it up with PayPal to get your money back. It may take some time as they may want to mediate, but I'm sure you'll be refunded in the end.

Personally, I think the story with the fake DHL tape is ridiculous, but whatever.

sauriel

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Take it up with PayPal to get your money back. It may take some time as they may want to mediate, but I'm sure you'll be refunded in the end.

Personally, I think the story with the fake DHL tape is ridiculous, but whatever.
    Yup already underway Im assuming that's why they finally responded to me at all, the whole situation just took me back.