Code of Conduct
o

Default Santos de Cartier.. did it toned down a knotch?

Today I received a 100ml bottle of Santos de Cartier..I used up my older batch , the first I had was the gray bottle with the brown glass and 2 ND batch was just the brown bottle and gold top trimming and gray top,I bought a tester brand new , it still smell so damn good I love it, but I notice something is absent from it like it's been toned down, I wish I still had my old bottles but moving from apartment I just threw stuff away not thinking anything .has been toned down or reformulated, well other case it's still a very masculine smell, definitely smell the cedar wood with a nice hint of sage and topped off with basil

Default Re: Santos de Cartier.. did it toned down a knotch?

I also blind bought Perry Ellis 360 RED ,WASNT bad at all I needed a cologne to wear just wear outside doing nothing instead of using up my vintage and exclusive scents IMG_20190815_155952.jpgit was either this or Davidoff Adventure or Azzaro Silver black and I've read so many mix reviews so I took the safest route, I bought this for 16$ 50ml at Burlington coat factory

Not familiar with this version, but do both own and use the (seen from left to right) second and the fourth one depicted in the retail ads/commercials page section towards its lower end, personally perceiving this version owned as indeed toned down from older, possibly more powerhouse vintage editions of this scent.

Almost anything more spicy, exotic, resinous, incense based etc. had to either vanish or at least become far less recognizable and far more subtle.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Santos De Cartier Concentree has definitely been reformulated. I’m sure this has too.

Find the older bottles on eBay.
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

Oh I was just on eBay , they have the bottle I owned the gray bottle with brown glass in the middle that one was a powerhouse , but it's still there tho that scent but tamed a bit, man I use to out it on and it needed no introduction, it was Santos all right..I might have to look into the concetree version..I buy vintage cologne , sadly enough alot of them the top notes are quickly gone , now with Santos as the current one that I have , the drydown has powdery smell to it, and it never had that at all, it was Sharp, strong, the projection was a beast.it was a lion, now it's just a little house cat lol like the rest of modern tamed Fragrance of yesterday..but it's ok, I few extra sprays won't hurt noone LMAO I still enjoy it very much, but to be quite honest I sprayed it on my wrist and as I'm writing this the smell is in my face like my nose is to my wrist and I'm about two feet away from wrist so it's a good thing

From what I remember, the Fragrantica reviews were not very kind to the newest bottle design formulation.

The bottle that Frangrantica has is a tester bottle , why would they display, idk but the bottle is nice tho as always been they just modernized it, but it's really toned down it was a powerhouse 2-3sprays is all you needed , I remember clear as day in the Miami heat wearing this and it will last long time very long time , not sure about the current FORMULA, for some reason the dry down is more smoother then sharper and more powdery for some reason when I had the bottle the gray one with the brown glass in the middle , it was a beast , even the later one the brown glass bottle with gold trim and gray top then came just brown bottle and then this ribbed bottle which I like alot still , just don't like the cheap sticker on it that say Santo de Cartier and it's notes again it's just a tester tho , I believe the current bottle is brown ribbed with a gold center spray

Santos is not as strong as it use to be, in about a few hours I say 5+ hours and I still smell on me , as for projection it's pretty good for first 3-4hours as the older one was a very long lasting Fragrance..any how is very good beautiful scent for modern use, must try the concentree version

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    The bottle that Frangrantica has is a tester bottle , why would they display, idk but the bottle is nice tho as always been they just modernized it, but it's really toned down it was a powerhouse 2-3sprays is all you needed , I remember clear as day in the Miami heat wearing this and it will last long time very long time , not sure about the current FORMULA, for some reason the dry down is more smoother then sharper and more powdery for some reason when I had the bottle the gray one with the brown glass in the middle , it was a beast , even the later one the brown glass bottle with gold trim and gray top then came just brown bottle and then this ribbed bottle which I like alot still , just don't like the cheap sticker on it that say Santo de Cartier and it's notes again it's just a tester tho , I believe the current bottle is brown ribbed with a gold center spray
    The bottle they display is irrelevant. You have to read the reviews and then some reviewers talk about which bottle design they have and what it is like. I have only tried vintage so I can't speak to newer possible formulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    The bottle they display is irrelevant. You have to read the reviews and then some reviewers talk about which bottle design they have and what it is like. I have only tried vintage so I can't speak to newer possible formulations.
    I think somewhere down the line Im thinking the versions I never owned before Screenshot_20190816-114220.jpgScreenshot_20190816-113744.jpg
    I'm thinking it was these version that they pretty reformulated off balance from original Santos Screenshot_20190816-113653.jpgScreenshot_20190816-113611.jpgScreenshot_20190816-113529.jpg
    These I've own from previous times so I was pretty absent, they make the same bottle a couple times but in different colors and tones..the versions I own was great, and the one im wearing now is also up there with them
    The top two are the ones I never owned, Theresa's also a version of Cartier that designed like the top two but brown not black or gray, I really wish someone can post about the different versions there is they have many different types , they have a rechargable version in a slender type bottle also, the bottom.e I had