Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default What are some women's perfumes that are closest to smelling like "Quadrille" by Balenciaga?

So, I have a small sample sized amount of "Quadrille" by Balenciaga, and I do honestly like it quite a lot! And..almost everyone else I know seems to like it a lot too, at least when I wear it, lol! I think it is a discontinued perfume though, right? So..I can find it online, on ebay etc., but I don't think it's available in stores? (At least, I don't think it is here in Canada where I live..maybe Balenciaga still makes it and you can buy it in other places, I don't know?)

Anyway..I was just wondering out of sheer curiosity what some other perfumes might be that are the most similar to "Quadrille?" It definitely reminds me of some other perfumes that I've smelled before, I just can't think off the top of my head what they all are? I think "Goldleaf" by Thymes might be similar, but I haven't smelled it in a while and I'm not sure if that's right, or if I'm thinking of something else?
    So, yeah..for anyone who is actually familiar with it, what would you say are some other perfumes that smell close? (That are more available than "Quadrille?")

Default Re: What are some women's perfumes that are closest to smelling like "Quadrille" by Balenciaga?

Are you sure this is what you want?

Quadrille was the fragrance another woman poster was asked to wash off at work I think

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: What are some women's perfumes that are closest to smelling like "Quadrille" by Balenciaga?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Are you sure this is what you want?

Quadrille was the fragrance another woman poster was asked to wash off at work I think
    You know I wouldn't be asking this question if I'd never smelled it before , right? Seriously, what you just did is like the absolute height of "mansplaining." Please take note of my own comments in that exact thread you just mentioned. And comments that some other people made too.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDragonFire View Post
    You know I wouldn't be asking this question if I'd never smelled it before , right? Seriously, what you just did is like the absolute height of "mansplaining." Please take note of my own comments in that exact thread you just mentioned. And comments that some other people made too.
    Yeah -- don't think I'll bother

Good luck with what you want though

Basenotes Plus

I'm pretty sure insulting another user on assumed gender is not allowed on Basenotes.
    Something something....something....
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

Basenotes Plus

So, I have a small sample sized amount of "Quadrille" by Balenciaga, and I do honestly like it quite a lot!
    ....So, yeah..for anyone who is actually familiar with it, what would you say are some other perfumes that smell close? (That are more available than "Quadrille?")
    To try to answer your questions, LadyDragonfire, Quadrille was produced for about forty years, and it is most definitely discontinued. You should be able to find Quadrille on Ebay fairly easily though. You may need to figure out the approximate date of your sample to find a bottle that comes from the same era. I believe Quadrille was reformulated/modernized into a much fruitier scent in the 1980's.

My bottle of Quadrille is this...
    IMG_1329.jpg

I always think of Quadrille as Balenciaga's answer to Mitsouko. I see you've tried Mitsouko EDP...did you get a resemblance to Quadrille? If so, you can't go wrong with Mitsouko. If you didn't enjoy the EDP, you could try another formulation or an older bottle of Mitsouko.

Another readily available perfume with a unmistakable vintage peach note is Rochas Femme. Femme will be more musky and less chypre-ish than Quadrille, but it's another great scent to try.
    Currently wearing: Bellodgia by Caron

Basenotes Junkie

Oh, thanks for the recommendations Grayspoole.

I am familiar with Mitsouko, and, unfortunately, to my nose it doesn't smell similar to Quadrille. :/ Actually, to me, Quadrille seems more powdery than anything else, but maybe that's just me and the way I smell things? Or, yes, maybe what I have is the 1980's version, not sure? lol Although..Quadrille definitely does remind me of another perfume, I just can't think what it is!! lol

A whole bunch of people on Fragrantica agree that Rochas "Femme" is similar. I have smelled that one before too, but now I can't recall exactly what it was like anymore! lol Perhaps that might be the perfume I'm thinking of? I have also heard that "Diorama" (I think) by Christian Dior and "Parure" by Guerlain, although not exactly the same, are similar kinds of perfumes to Quadrille. If you read the note listing on Fragrantica, they theoretically have a lot of the same notes anyway. However, I've tried all different perfumes that, according to Fragrantica, have the same or highly similar note pyramids, and sometimes in reality, I find the scents are completely different! (To me, anyway.)

Thank you for your recommendations though. I always appreciate help with that, as there are so many different perfumes! Sometimes I just don't know where to begin searching lol! Have a great day!

Basenotes Plus

Quadrille definitely does remind me of another perfume, I just can't think what it is!! lol
    I've felt this too! Make me crazy until I can figure it out.

I have also heard that "Diorama" (I think) by Christian Dior and "Parure" by Guerlain, although not exactly the same, are similar kinds of perfumes to Quadrille.
    I would say there is a resemblance between Diorama and Quadrille. Vintage Diorama is a great perfume, but it's even rarer than Quadrille. Vintage Parure is also wonderful, but in it the refined peach note of Quadrille becomes much deeper and plummier, and the base is much more resinous and woody than Quadrille. Really, try them all if you can, they're all lovely in different ways.

If you read the note listing on Fragrantica, they theoretically have a lot of the same notes anyway. However, I've tried all different perfumes that, according to Fragrantica, have the same or highly similar note pyramids, and sometimes in reality, I find the scents are completely different! (To me, anyway.)
    Published note lists are mostly perfume marketing and can be wildly misleading. Trust nose over note lists.
    Currently wearing: Bellodgia by Caron