Code of Conduct

Question Real or fake? Sorry I know you guys het this thread a lot

Hi there I found Aventus for cheap from a man who claims he is selling his remaining stock of a failed perfume webshop he started 2 years ago for cheap. He is selling about 50 bottles of different frags so that seems believable. Could somebody check if this bottle is a fake because I'm still pretty cautious about it.
    Here are some pics
    $_86.jpeg$_86 (1).jpeg$_86 (2).jpeg
    The batchcode says it is from 2016 which would be in line with his story. All help is apriciated

Default Re: Real or fake? Sorry I know you guys het this thread a lot

Fake.

Can you explain why, is this a commonly faked batch? From your post history you seem really know a lot about Aventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Fake.
    Can you explain why? Is this a commonly faked batch? Judging from your post history you seem to know your stuff about Aventus

Yes, these 75ml fakes with the 16H01 batch are very common (most predominantly in NL). The most telltale sign is the thin painted Creed logo on the bottle and the thick tubing which also should look much more transparent and thin. Also the whole label on the bottle is way off and the cards are also poorly faked for sure. These 16H01 are also often sold wrapped in cellophane.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Yes, these 75ml fakes with the 16H01 batch are very common (most predominantly in NL). The most telltale sign is the thin painted Creed logo on the bottle and the thick tubing which also should look much more transparent and thin. Also the whole label on the bottle is way off and the cards are also poorly faked for sure. These 16H01 are also often sold wrapped in cellophane.
    Now that you mention the cellophane, he did have a picture up before with the box in cellophane and removed it once I asked for more pictures. Thanks for your replies I'll report this listing so nobody gets scammed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

It must be a pretty good fake then. My eyes would have never zeroed in on those points mentioned. Interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It must be a pretty good fake then. My eyes would have never zeroed in on those points mentioned. Interesting.
    True. The boxes of these 75ml 16H01 fakes always seem better than other knockoffs of e.g. 15Y11 or 15X01. But the labels and the tubing are the things to look out for in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool Just be aware when shopping on these dutch marketplace sites. Lots of fakes there.

Will do! I'll put this money towards saving for Carnal Flower