Code of Conduct

Default Ebay no longer allowing the sale of used fragrances?

So, I just noticed that the "used/pre-owned" option when listing under fragrances on Ebay is gone. It now only shows "new with box" or "new without box". I wonder if this is just a bug or temporary thing, because I was able to list used fragrances just yesterday, or if they're moving toward the Amazon model, and only selling new items.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Ebay no longer allowing the sale of used fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    So, I just noticed that the "used/pre-owned" option when listing under fragrances on Ebay is gone. It now only shows "new with box" or "new without box". I wonder if this is just a bug or temporary thing, because I was able to list used fragrances just yesterday, or if they're moving toward the Amazon model, and only selling new items.
    I just checked, and "used" was an option. So, I'm guessing it was a glitch.
    Currently wearing: Borsalino by Borsalino

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    So, I just noticed that the "used/pre-owned" option when listing under fragrances on Ebay is gone. It now only shows "new with box" or "new without box".
    Same here ... no more used options when I choose a fragrance category, but they're still there for other categories. And when I checked my current listings, they've removed the "used" designation from my fragrance listings and replaced it with "--" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Same here ... no more used options when I choose a fragrance category, but they're still there for other categories. And when I checked my current listings, they've removed the "used" designation from my fragrance listings and replaced it with "--" instead.
    You can always just put "used" in the title and description - I think the real issue is if eBay gets serious, and starts taking listings down. Hopefully, this goes the way of decants, which they intended to ban, yet still allow the sale of.

Yep, just noticed the same thing a couple of days ago.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Dependent

I've been wondering why eBay would even care about used or decant frags. I haven't come up with any good reasons yet.

I sold a Chanel tester on ebay and the listing was officially removed as disallowed. I was told that it was the brand that did not want their items listed, but it was strange. Thankfully the sale went through.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    I've been wondering why eBay would even care about used or decant frags. I haven't come up with any good reasons yet.
    For years eBay have used the defense "hey, we're just a venue" to defend itself from pretty much everything and absolve itself from any liability for wrongdoing on their site. Any time they get challenged on that though, they get clobbered. Some decants, I believe, you rarely if ever find there because the proprietary brand holder hunts them down and DMCAs them. Others may not like it but don't patrol eBay. Still others probably don't care. Ebay's general policy, enforced or not, is probably just a low-effort attempt to mitigate liability. "Hey - we're just a venue, AND we try to stop these listings."

I don't like decant listings because they clog everything up and pollute search results. Most of the sellers are hamfisted oafs who produce bottom-quality listings that are unsightly and are unavoidable to those who do not wish to view them. Part of that is probably ebay's fault because any "enforcement" is probably just low hanging fruit where they just search for "decant," so sellers avoid using the term, and shoppers therefore cannot filter them out. At the very least, they should not be allowed to show an image of the retail bottle if that is not what they are selling.

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...agrances-Uh-oh

See the discussion in this thread...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: Black Mouse by Possets