Code of Conduct

Default Giorgio Beverly Hills Pour Homme Men Made In USA Vs. Made In Spain

Just noticed there are bottles made in USA and Spain (current available stuff). Anyone know if there is a difference in smell performance etc, seen two bottles made in Spain at Ross wondering if it’s worth getting. I’ve had made in USA bottles before, just noticed the Spain ones caught my eye and attention.
    Fragrance is my favorite thing. So much so that if I leave the house and I don't put any on, I'll turn around and go back home.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Giorgio Beverly Hills Pour Homme Men Made In USA Vs. Made In Spain

Don’t know anything about a made in Spain version, but the US current version was reformulated a few years back for the worse (most noticeable in the drydown). I recommend seeking out a US bottle that is either vintage, or from the early 2000s re-release (which is indistinguishable or near-indistinguishable from the vintage). The key is to look for oakmoss on the box. Any box with treemoss in the ingredients list should be avoided.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    2) Giorgio V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    4) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    5)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    6) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    7) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    7) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    7) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    7) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

I ended up buying both made in Spain bottles this evening, checked the female Giorgio Beverly Hills fragrances I have in our house and they are all made in USA. Either they changed who makes them now or there is two versions, I will open one soon and see if it differs from what I had with other made in USA bottles I sold off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fragrance is my favorite thing. So much so that if I leave the house and I don't put any on, I'll turn around and go back home.

Seems to me that Giorgio is 'Made in Hell'...

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Seems to me that Giorgio is 'Made in Hell'...
    LMAO!, It’s a enjoyable wear so I added it back into the wardrobe will be good for the cooler coming weather. Checking on eBay further some older bottles were made in France. Not real worried just found it interesting, one of the better cheapies at Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    LMAO!, It’s a enjoyable wear so I added it back into the wardrobe will be good for the cooler coming weather. Checking on eBay further some older bottles were made in France. Not real worried just found it interesting, one of the better cheapies at Ross.
    I liked the 1981 ladies version very much, but never cared for the male edition.

Sound Scents

That label has the “bad bottle” ingredients list. The one shown is the IFRA reformulated version. My guess is that the current USA and Spain versions are the same reformulated version. The key is finding a bottle from 15+ years ago, even if it is the EA rerelease. Those all smell great to my nose.

The reformulation bottles are not bad, but the late dry-down is destroyed. Definitely worth seeking an original formulation bottle out, IMO.

As an aside, don’t even try seeking out the made in France version. It was released for only a year or less and is *extremely* scarce and expensive, with the one or two I have ever seen being sold being offered for $400+ a bottle. They smell exactly the same as the USA made vintage bottles (and pretty much the same as the original EA re-release bottles before the reformulation).
    Current Top Ten:
    5)

Weird, my box does not have an ingredients list. From my research I'm estimating this at early-mid 2000's. No mention of "EA" on the box, so it's at least pre-2007. And this one has a screw-top, removable atomizer.

GBH.jpg

gbh2.jpg

Basenotes Plus

The fewer the ingredients shown the better the juice.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    Weird, my box does not have an ingredients list. From my research I'm estimating this at early-mid 2000's. No mention of "EA" on the box, so it's at least pre-2007. And this one has a screw-top, removable atomizer.

GBH.jpg

gbh2.jpg
    That is definitely “the good stuff.”
    Current Top Ten:
    5)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    That is definitely “the good stuff.”
    Yes, and for the price I paid, very good!

GBH_CROP.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post

As an aside, don’t even try seeking out the made in France version. It was released for only a year or less and is *extremely* scarce and expensive, with the one or two I have ever seen being sold being offered for $400+ a bottle. They smell exactly the same as the USA made vintage bottles (and pretty much the same as the original EA re-release bottles before the reformulation).
    Whoop- got this for peas on the eBay! Have to say it wasn't clear from the listing and I was chuffed when I received a 'no ingredients' dark juice. Kicks the proverbial so it does.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    LMAO!, It’s a enjoyable wear