Code of Conduct

Thread: Thiomenthone

Default Thiomenthone

Just received this today. Was expecting more black currant from it. I mostly got onion, so I’m left with something what smells of onion, anyone has anyone used it before to make an accord or will I see benefits from it once I’ve used it?

I’ve never used it before and a bit scared to now as I don’t want my blend to smell of....onions

Default Re: Thiomenthone

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMalteseTweed View Post
    Just received this today. Was expecting more black currant from it. I mostly got onion, so Iím left with something what smells of onion, anyone has anyone used it before to make an accord or will I see benefits from it once Iíve used it?

Iíve never used it before and a bit scared to now as I donít want my blend to smell of....onions
    Onion is a good descriptor. Can smell blackcurrant at differing dilutions. Strongest sulfur descriptor for me is grapefruit. Use at a low dilution. 1% max. More likely 0.1%. Try also diluting in limonene. Interesting effects.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Thiomenthone

As it is a thiol / mercaptan, your dilution ratio will be very high.
    As George mentions you will need to dilute to at least 1%, if not 0.1%. and depending upon how diluted your other materials are that you use, you may have to dilute to 0.01%.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.