Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Azzrao PH Mini Bottles

Hello fellow frag-heads, was looking for some confirmation these two miniature 7ml bottles.
    What batches and or years are they from? These mini bottles are a bit different from
    full size bottles so its hard to get the correct info. Thanks so much!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frag-crazy; 24th August 2019 at 09:21 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Azzrao PH Mini Bottles

The top bottle is the oldest vintage. The other is the vintage immediately after. Those minis are actually very much like the larger bottles and boxes.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    The top bottle is the oldest vintage. The other is the vintage immediately after. Those minis are actually very much like the larger bottles and boxes.
    Thanks sir, what throws me a bit is there is no chrome sticker on neither of the bottles, all white lettering. No chrome strip on the top of the cap on the "oldest" bottle, which there is on the full size one. And the second oldest, the chrome strip is on the bottom of the cap, where is the full-size, its on the top.

Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Frag-crazy View Post
    Thanks sir, what throws me a bit is there is no chrome sticker on neither of the bottles, all white lettering. No chrome strip on the top of the cap on the "oldest" bottle, which there is on the full size one. And the second oldest, the chrome strip is on the bottom of the cap, where is the full-size, its on the top.
    Designs for minis tend to be simplified for practical matters of readability and cost. But, the top bottle has the smaller oval cap that clearly signals the first formulation, while the bottom has a printed rather than embossed logo that I believe indicates a middle vintage. However, you are right that the chrome strip on a second formulation bottle would normally be on the top of the cap, so that may be a third formulation. But, it wouldn’t be current, as that cap has no chrome strip.

I haven’t tried them all, so I can’t speak to the differences. I’m wearing APH 2nd formulation today, and it’s excellent.

Freed from BN Institution

Is there any coding on the bottom of the box or bottle? There may be some details on the bottom of the box that could help narrow down the year generically.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Is there any coding on the bottom of the box or bottle? There may be some details on the bottom of the box that could help narrow down the year generically.
    Unfortunately no codes on either the box or bottles sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    This article will answer some questions on things like trim, styles, formulations, eras and so on.
    I've had a couple white-label bottles and I believe PStoller is spot-on in that this may be 3rd edition. They smelled fantastic but I recall the longevity/performance being awful. Ofcourse they could've been stored incorrectly through the years.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Basenotes Plus

I believe PStoller is spot-on in that this may be 3rd edition. They smelled fantastic but I recall the longevity/performance being awful. Of course they could've been stored incorrectly through the years.
    Yeah, my 2nd formulation didn’t have amazing longevity today. But, I consider that secondary to the quality of the scent itself. After all, if that’s not great, then superior longevity could be more of a deficit than an asset.

This article will answer some questions on things like trim, styles, formulations, eras and so on.
    I've had a couple white-label bottles and I believe PStoller is spot-on in that this may be 3rd edition. They smelled fantastic but I recall the longevity/performance being awful. Ofcourse they could've been stored incorrectly through the years.
    Thanks and have checked out this link, great info. Actually longevity even with the newer formulations are okay on me. These two samples are even better yet so I cannot complain whatsoever. As far as scent to me... a masterpiece.

Dependent

From a general point of view, I am personally very reluctant to purchase mini bottles, unless they are in sealed boxes and sold by a vendor that I can trust. If it's not the case, you have no guarantee that the juice inside is the original one. I have the same approach for splash bottles. I may be too conservative but, unfortunately, I had few bad experiences in the past ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    From a general point of view, I am personally very reluctant to purchase mini bottles, unless they are in sealed boxes and sold by a vendor that I can trust. If it's not the case, you have no guarantee that the juice inside is the original one. I have the same approach for splash bottles. I may be too conservative but, unfortunately, I had few bad experiences in the past ...
    Understand your concern but this would rule out many of the vintage bottles I see for sale because most of them are indeed splash.