Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default New glitches when posting/editing

In addition to the Captcha issues listed in this thread....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...e-device-users
    ...I'm having several other problems posting today.

--Whenever I try to edit a previous post, no matter how much/little I edit, I get a popup message that says "message is too short", and a command button in German (!). There's nothing I can do except abandon the edit.

--When creating a PM, if I choose "preview message" or "advance", I get put through the Captcha mill.

For reference:

I've tried both these procedures in both Chrome and Firefox browsers. I cleared caches, made sure cookies were allowed and that neither were set to "private browsing" or "incognito", made sure both browsers were updated. This is on a laptop running Win10.
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 24th August 2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: frustration!

Default Re: New glitches when posting/editing

I have not experienced these issues. I am running Safari on my MacBook Pro.

Basenotes Plus

Cook.bot, I have been having exactly the same issues for a couple of days now. I have tried editing in both Internet Explorer and Chrome to no avail.

I'm currently having issues with editing both my sale and my split threads in the Marketplace. When I go to the editing page, the text box comes up completely blank and there is nothing there to edit. I tried editing some of my other posts, and didn't have the issue. So I'm not sure what makes those two particular posts unique, but both are having the same problem. This is occurring in both Chrome and IE.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    When I go to the editing page, the text box comes up completely blank and there is nothing there to edit. .
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that problem to my OP. Whenever I choose "reply with quote", the post window has no quoted text in it.
    Before the leaves fall, an all-green September:
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

Basenotes Plus

What the $%*&??? I just tried to edit my OP, and the whole thing disappeared!! Jeez, now I have to recreate the whole thing again??
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

Basenotes Plus

Okay, so I recreated the OP for the third time... now let's see if I can insert a screensnip of the popup that I get when I try to edit. Using the advanced editor to insert a JPG capture should be quite a little adventure...

popup.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    What the $%*&??? I just tried to edit my OP, and the whole thing disappeared!! Jeez, now I have to recreate the whole thing again??
    Yes, this is exactly my problem. When I got to the editing page, there's nothing there ... the entire post disappears.

Basenotes Plus

It's so weird how arbitrary this glitch is. I just tried to edit 4 different posts, and two of the times they went smoothly, and the other two times I got the "message too short" notice no matter how much or how little I typed and/or amended.

And I still get the Captcha checkbox and puzzle photos about half the time when I use the "advanced" option to create a post.

Very odd.