Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
o

Default Re: Aramis Special Blend (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I like classic masculines just not the ones that are floral to my nose.
    You have nothing to worry about, then.

I also didn't realize Aramis had such an extensive line....never heard of any of them, really, outside of Havana, Tobacco Reserve.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

I also didn't realize Aramis had such an extensive line....never heard of any of them, really, outside of Havana, Tobacco Reserve.
    It's a house with a terrific history. There was a bit of a dry spell after the 90s as the brand struggled to chase trends, with some notable exceptions like the Calligraphy series (which I think is good, not great, but it has its admirers here).

With Tobacco Reserve and now Special Blend, Aramis seems to be on a good trajectory.

My favorite from the house overall is Tuscany (I love its Italian countryside ambience), but Havana is every bit as good.

I may check out the rest of their line, starting with Special Blend. I love the original but there's something about it that's hard to wear....like it juuust needs something to smooth it out and/or reign it in just a smidge and I'd love it all day.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

I may check out the rest of their line, starting with Special Blend. I love the original but there's something about it that's hard to wear....like it juuust needs something to smooth it out and/or reign it in just a smidge and I'd love it all day.
    Thinking about blind buying this. Does anyone have anything to add about it? Information is very scarce online and there is nowhere I can test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    Thinking about blind buying this.
    Join me, and together we can be the only two Basenoters to own this gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Join me, and together we can be the only two Basenoters to own this gem!

It's not true that you're the only Basenoter who owns it! That's impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    It's not true that you're the only Basenoter who owns it! That's impossible!

Basenotes Plus

All right. As a fan of the original Aramis, I'm susceptible to this micro-hype train myself. I shall now investigate, with payment instruments at the ready ...

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    All right. As a fan of the original Aramis, I'm susceptible to this micro-hype train myself. I shall now investigate, with payment instruments at the ready ...
    I don't know that the exuberant ravings of one idiosyncratic Basenoter like yours truly can qualify as a "hype train," mini or otherwise!

I hope you enjoy it, since I don't want anyone to spend precious funds in vain! But even if you despise it, I'll be glad to see an additional take on this oddity from a member of the BN community.

I’m interested in it too ;D

Basenotes Plus

If I get to Macy’s soon I will smell it, it should hit discounters soon as all Aramis eventually do and I will buy a few since the descriptions so far are solid. A smoothed out original with some added changes sounds very promising need to get my nose on this soon!
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Christian Dior Dior Homme EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    If I get to Macy’s soon I will smell it, it should hit discounters soon as all Aramis eventually do and I will buy a few since the descriptions so far are solid. A smoothed out original with some added changes sounds very promising need to get my nose on this soon!
    I don't think anyone would connect this scent with the original Aramis if they were doing a blind test, but you can kinda see how the perfumer was trying to build something that nevertheless deserved the name.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I recently tried Tobacco Reserve. It's pretty good. Would love to try this one.
    oh look, I have a signature

Any more feedback about this one?
    Thank you!

Received a bottle of this today and love it! Real boozy whiskey note it’s going to be great for the cooler weather, nice longevity like Tobacco Reserve. Good job Lauder!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Tried this yesterday and liked it a lot too! Wanting to try this despite not being a big fan of original
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Tabacoo reserve I own, I keep forgetting I have it lol, I do like it alot it's strong stuff very masculine, the aramis Concentree version is also my best of the Aramis , I think lol I have alot of Aramis stuff, Tuscony is really good and HAVANA, but the longtivy on both is not that great 3-4hours , Devin is my very good and longtivy is also very good on me, I'm interested also in the new Special Blend I want it , I mean I must have it ..hows the Modern Leather ??

Aramis Gold? Any input in that one?

Anyone else tried Aramis Special Blend?

I've seen it in the shops 3 times now (Debenhams, John Lewis etc) but no testers...aaarghh!!

Sounds right up my boulevard but bit pricey for a blind buy. Anyone want to help me spend my pennies...?

Basenotes Plus

Doesn’t seem as widespread as Tobacco Reserve was, might eventually hit discounters and eBay or maybe never will seems very limited distribution on this one.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Christian Dior Dior Homme EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo

Banned

IMG_20191116_110750.jpgIMG_20191115_165627.jpg
    This pretty much my aramis collection Devin, Tuscony Havana included Tabacoo reserve I thought was very nicely done n well done made , I read SPECIAL BLEND by the notes ppl may say it's on a sweet side like a fresh modern scent, and it's not a boozy whisky note is in it but very classic smell not like O.G but old school smel and I must have , I aslo heard Classic Reserve is good wouldnt mind trying but it's going pretty dam expesive ashell some JHL from the Gentlemans collection is going cheap but expensive aswell, the vintage is extremely high and it's uncalled for it ..another one Aramis SUPER COLOGNE, it comes in pressured spray bottle like my bullet bottle and glass..vintage aramis is alot rounder and smoother and strong the current is sharp and sweet from the coconut oil I believe it's the replacement for casterum as for treemoss is to oakmoss,but both very good , my favorite well one of mines

Banned

Aramis was the only cologne I knew how it smelled , every other one from Devin Tuscony Havana Tabacoo reserve was all blind buy , I went with reviews ,is also why I haven't bought any of the flankers not enough reviews to push me to blind buy Tabacoo reserve yes , idk yet about modern leather dont know if it's worth the blind buy, but special blend I'll blind buy , I have a good feeling about this one,this is like fine aged whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Doesn’t seem as widespread as Tobacco Reserve was, might eventually hit discounters and eBay or maybe never will seems very limited distribution on this one.
    Special Blend was billed as a limited edition, ala Aramis Classic Reserve (2008), which is rare enough to be going for around $150 now.

ordered a bottle today, but it sucks I can't test it anywhere so total blind buy. A less sweet Spicebomb sounds great though

Quote Originally Posted by gewoonBB View Post
    ordered a bottle today, but it sucks I can't test it anywhere so total blind buy. A less sweet Spicebomb sounds great though
    This has very little in common with Spicebomb!

Basenotes Junkie

This isn't abrasive or "powerhouse'"-y like the original Aramis. This is doing its own thing. It just doesn't feel out of place on the shelf alongside the original.

Like I said before, any comparisons I make will probably be misleading.

I've always loved the Aramis PH original but haven't tried the current version.

As for this one, when you say tobacco....this can mean different things to different people. I sometimes love the smell of a sweet cigar but my Dad smoked Hamlet and it made me want to wretch being anywhere near this stinking acrid cloud.

I guess I am asking...what kind of tobacco are you referring to?
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    I've always loved the Aramis PH original but haven't tried the current version.

As for this one, when you say tobacco....this can mean different things to different people. I sometimes love the smell of a sweet cigar but my Dad smoked Hamlet and it made me want to wretch being anywhere near this stinking acrid cloud.

I guess I am asking...what kind of tobacco are you referring to?
    There's no tobacco in Aramis Special Blend (2019). It's a blend of cinnamon, wood, whiskey, with an opening dominated by sour bergamot (and aniseed, I think, though it's not listed).

Aramis Tobacco Reserve (2018) is a different fragrance, with a nutmeg and clary sage opening, an unlit cigar tobacco note, and a powdery vanilla/oakmoss drydown.

Basenotes Junkie

There's no tobacco in Aramis Special Blend (2019). It's a blend of cinnamon, wood, whiskey, with an opening dominated by sour bergamot (and aniseed, I think, though it's not listed).

Aramis Tobacco Reserve (2018) is a different fragrance, with a nutmeg and clary sage opening, an unlit cigar tobacco note, and a powdery vanilla/oakmoss drydown.
    both sound lovely.
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Basenotes Plus

Alas I haven't seen this available in the US at all...