Code of Conduct
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2250
o
  1. #2221

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Wearing Eau du Coq, by Aimé Guerlain (1894), because I just got some after not having any for a long time. This is my favourite of the Guerlain colognes. It is very dry.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

  2. #2222
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Guerlain Derby - NFL AFC & NFC games today
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  3. #2223
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Chanel Coromandel - The previous discussion here about smooth patchouli scents put me in the mood for it. Plus, it’s a good cool weather fragrance so I’m going to take advantage of the chilly day.
    One of my favorites for a gourmand oriented patchouli scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  4. #2224

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    The cologne has faded and I just added Shalimar Souffle de Parfum. It’s lovely and I dug it out of the closet because my visit to the Guerlain bar yesterday brought it to mind.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

  5. #2225
    Dependent jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,035

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Wearing Elie Saab Oud today because 1) I haven't worn it in a while and I forgot how good it is and 2) I wanted to see how it would layer with Rose 31 body lotion - turned out to be a killer combo.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

    "I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

  6. #2226
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,800

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Explorer because I enjoy the smell. I don't know where I would rank it, but I enjoy it a lot!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  7. #2227
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,800

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Polo this morning because it's the favorite!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  8. #2228

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Dior Homme Intense, old batch. Testing the last remaining bottle. Once briefly a top favourite, it's on thin ice these days. Never transcended its change of pace purpose.

  9. #2229
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Cold outside day off - Chanel Egoiste.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

  10. #2230
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    301,951

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Rose Smoke - among my favorite Ateliers
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  11. #2231

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Shalimar Souffle de Parfum, to enjoy the interesting drydown, which lasts a long time. My take: it starts out like a modern light perfume then as it dries down begins to smell like a scent that could have existed a hundred years ago and leans a little toward a L’Heure Bleue type.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

    Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

  12. #2232
    Sillage Monster
    Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    In a rare moment of indecision, I was debating between Le Parfum de Therese and Cuir Impertinent. In frustration, I used the Pick Me Something Random to Wear feature and it suggested Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau so that’s what I’m wearing. I’m quite happy with the result, actually.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

  13. #2233

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Etro Palais Jamais - new arrival
    Became one of my favorite.
    I love when i like a perfume that much. And I love bargains.

    Tomorrow I'll wear it all day again, even though Terre d'Hermes EDT also arrived today.

    etro-palais-jamais-500x500.jpg
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

  14. #2234
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    21,514

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    I don’t know if I can do it justice. It is not headshoppy to my nose—warm, suave, dare I say sophisticated—while at the same time smelling natural. It is closer to the refined Coromandel type. I have the two on cards before me. Coromandel is a little sweeter and more of a blend; Patchouli Nobile is more patchouli-centric, not as sweet and at a slightly lower register notewise.
    Ok, thank you for the notes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Yes, I’d like your opinion as well.
    No, I haven't.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo

  15. #2235
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,800

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Michael for Men because I thought about it and couldn't get it out of my head today.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  16. #2236
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    This evening, Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale I recently bought two bottles and this is my first wearing.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

  17. #2237
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Habit Rouge EDC - Haven't worn this in a while.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  18. #2238
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    This evening, Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale I recently bought two bottles and this is my first wearing.
    How do you like it? Which version of the original do you have?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  19. #2239
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How do you like it? Which version of the original do you have?
    2018-2019 reformulation with Originale on the box next to Eau De Toilette, so far I really enjoy it and will have this in rotation often. Definitely see it as a excellent work fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

  20. #2240
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    2018-2019 reformulation with Originale on the box next to Eau De Toilette, so far I really enjoy it and will have this in rotation often. Definitely see it as a excellent work fragrance.
    Have you tried the vintage release?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  21. #2241
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Have you tried the vintage release?
    No, I haven’t I hear it’s very nice is the silver cap version close to it? How would you say the black cap version pre 2018 smells compared to the original, the ingredients are probably inferior though.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

  22. #2242
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,710

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    No, I haven’t I hear it’s very nice is the silver cap version close to it? How would you say the black cap version pre 2018 smells compared to the original, the ingredients are probably inferior though.
    They're different scents. The silver cap version emphasizes on patchouli throughout. There's a slight anamlistic feel to it. The dry down has some oak moss in it as well. It has a slight gourmand/oriental feel to it with the presence of some sweetness and spices.. I enjoy it much more than the rerelease.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

  23. #2243
    Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Hic sunt dracones
    Posts
    906

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Today seemed like a good day for amber, so it's Meharees.

  24. #2244

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Mitsouko. Just wanted to smell good.

  25. #2245
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,800

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Polo because it's the favorite.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  26. #2246
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    301,951

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    IV because hadn't worn it in a while
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  27. #2247
    Sillage Monster
    Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau again because I like repeat wearing to better familiarize myself with a fragrance.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

  28. #2248

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    Dior Homme 2020:

    I wore it because it’s still going through its trial period before I really have my final assessment in mind, and because I wanted to wear something very discreet today as it’s just one of those days I don’t want to be noticed for my smell. It seems to be serving the purpose well. I can’t smell it most of the time 6 hours later, but I catch little wafts of it here and there. It was *easily* noticeable for about two, maybe three hours.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

  29. #2249
    Super Member 24 Faubourg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    I wore Nishane's Fan Your Flames because I'm very interested in this and Initio's Side Effect. I want to test them both to see if both are worth buying full bottles of, if they are too similar, etc.

    Tomorrow I will try Side Effect.
    Currently wearing: Fan Your Flames by Nishane

  30. #2250
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,402

    Default Re: Why did you wear what you wore today..

    I'm wearing Montale's Honey Aoud.....because I just got it in the mail.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626




Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75

Similar Threads

  1. Wore Success by MCM today to the gym
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th March 2012, 01:43 PM
  2. Wore Maxim's PH today
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 5th September 2009, 01:31 PM
  3. Today I wore Passion
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th June 2008, 02:35 AM
  4. I wore Dzing! today
    By Darkbloom in forum Ancient Stuff
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30th December 2004, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000