Code of Conduct

Default MaxAroma Wrapped Creed in Cellophone?

Hi All,

I just purchased a Creed Green Irish Tweed from MaxAroma. I received the package today and it came shrink wrapped. I know that authentic Creeds are not supposed to be wrapped in cellophane. Just wondering if you had similar experience from MaxAroma.

Thanks.

Default Re: MaxAroma Wrapped Creed in Cellophone?

I've read that Creed uses cellophane with Aventus since batch 19P21.
    So I guess they do that with the other fragrances, too.
    If yours is a newer one, chances are good that your's is wrapped and legit.

Maxaroma is legit, newer Creed batches have included cellophane I wouldn’t worry about it.
    Current Top 10

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee

I think some grey market distributors wrap things that aren't otherwise - probably to make them seem "new" / "unopened". Attempt to give the customer piece of mind or something I think.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Maxaroma is legit, newer Creed batches have included cellophane I wouldn’t worry about it.
    Thanks. My batch number is .CM3218D01, so I guess it's the 2018 version.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think some grey market distributors wrap things that aren't otherwise - probably to make them seem "new" / "unopened". Attempt to give the customer piece of mind or something I think.
    I always considered cellophane a red flag, not sure what the policy is now. The times that I regularly visited the Creed counters many years earlier none of their bottles were ever had cellophane.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think some grey market distributors wrap things that aren't otherwise - probably to make them seem "new" / "unopened".
    I think so too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I asked Maxaroma's customer service about cellophane wrapped Creed fragrances, she replied:

This is not from the manufacturer We put those on in our warehouse to make sure the boxes don't get dirty, they must have forgotten to take it off before shipping

This seems weird, they know that Creed does not wrap the fragrances until 19R21 batch this year, but mine was 18D01 batch, but there is something going on with them. What do you guys think?

Basenotes Plus

Everything I have purchased from them has been brand new and legit (including multiple bottles of Creed).

Did you receive your Creed shrink wrapped from them?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xpert37 View Post
    Did you receive your Creed shrink wrapped from them?
    I honestly don’t remember if it was. I have the same batch number as you do and mine is the real deal.

Ya to keep it clean in warehouse, if that doesn't sound like a load of ****
    Maybe they spray it daily too, so dust doesn't accumulate in the nozzle...

I'm starting to develop this theory with maxaroma, that they are reselling customer returns, re-wrapping in cellophane so it looks new and sealed, and passing off a lot of their stock as new when in reality it is not. Stuff seems legit, just not new as presented. (Which is considered fraud by the way...)

Won't say that all their stuff is like this, but big hunch that this is going on, - especially now with a email confirming that they put the cellophane on themselves.

Let's put it this way, I'm literally 3 and 3 from them this month. 3 colognes perfect new fresh no problems, as they should be. 3 colognes dented atomizer, atomizer spraying on first spray (instead of the usual blank spray, semi spray, and then regular spray that a new bottle has), leaking bottle, box smells like cologne already. -All signs that a customer had these, maybe used a spray or two, maybe left it in the sun in their car for a week, maybe if unscrupulous used it all switched the juice, used some and watered down, who knows?! And returned.

Now if they said, aye we sell these at great prices because we get them for pennies on the dollar because they are customer returns, closeout style, right, all appear new but may be lightly used. That's ok I as the new customer know I'm saving this amount of money taking on the risk that perhaps someone sprayed it a few times, or scratched the bottle up or what not. But to sell it as they are, as brand new products, when clearly what they're sending is not, in my case 50% of the time, that's a real problem.

Only discovered maxaroma just this month, google shopping had them cheaper for some cologne I was buying, and once I saw their pricing and online reviews said kosher bought a whole bunch. And while their customer service is pretty quick, and shipping too, these issues I've had with 3 out of 6 really makes me wish I just stuck with good old fragrancenet, perfume.com the guys that have been solid for years...

Don't think I'll be purchasing from them again
    Last edited by DeltaStubs.com; 27th September 2019 at 05:58 AM.

I've purchased many bottles from them in the past, and I've never had any issues. If you can't get your mind past the point where you think you got duped by one of the three major grey market companies operating in the U.S., you guys may very well be candidates to only buy at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaStubs.com View Post
    Ya to keep it clean in warehouse, if that doesn't sound like a load of ****
    Maybe they spray it daily too, so dust doesn't accumulate in the nozzle...

I'm starting to develop this theory with maxaroma, that they are reselling customer returns, re-wrapping in cellophane so it looks new and sealed, and passing off a lot of their stock as new when in reality it is not. Stuff seems legit, just not new as presented. (Which is considered fraud by the way...)

Won't say that all their stuff is like this, but big hunch that this is going on, - especially now with a email confirming that they put the cellophane on themselves.

Let's put it this way, I'm literally 3 and 3 from them this month. 3 colognes perfect new fresh no problems, as they should be. 3 colognes dented atomizer, atomizer spraying on first spray (instead of the usual blank spray, semi spray, and then regular spray that a new bottle has), leaking bottle, box smells like cologne already. -All signs that a customer had these, maybe used a spray or two, maybe left it in the sun in their car for a week, maybe if unscrupulous used it all switched the juice, used some and watered down, who knows?! And returned.

Now if they said, aye we sell these at great prices because we get them for pennies on the dollar because they are customer returns, closeout style, right, all appear new but may be lightly used. That's ok I as the new customer know I'm saving this amount of money taking on the risk that perhaps someone sprayed it a few times, or scratched the bottle up or what not. But to sell it as they are, as brand new products, when clearly what they're sending is not, in my case 50% of the time, that's a real problem.

Only discovered maxaroma just this month, google shopping had them cheaper for some cologne I was buying, and once I saw their pricing and online reviews said kosher bought a whole bunch. And while their customer service is pretty quick, and shipping too, these issues I've had with 3 out of 6 really makes me wish I just stuck with good old fragrancenet, perfume.com the guys that have been solid for years...

And another rewrap + atomizer sprayed on first spray...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaStubs.com View Post
    Shoulda kept my word aye

Once more, rewrap + atomizer sprayed on first spray...