Code of Conduct

Thumbs down DecantShop scammed me

So I ordered samples of 11 fragrances and they pretty much only sent me 2 of the fragrances I ordered, the other 9 were just random fragrances. I emailed them 2 days ago and no response. This happened to anyone else?

Edit-
    Update: They finally responded to my email. They noticed their mistake and are going to send me the correct stuff.
    Last edited by CologneProdigy; 9th September 2019 at 07:09 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: DecantShop scammed me

That's not good at all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I can't get into their website for several days, but they still send me on-sale emails. So sad, I used to buy many decants from them.

Banned

I have never had this experience. Very unfortunate.

DecantShop has always been great for me...although a little slow sometimes.

I would imagine there's more to the story. What you say sounds highly unlikely and hard to believe.

If it happened, it certainly wasn't on purpose. Sounds like something went wrong. I would expect that they would make it right.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Dependent

DecantShop's website has been down for two days now. I wonder what's up with that.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    DecantShop's website has been down for two days now. I wonder what's up with that.
    It's working now. Shows they have a 30% off Labor Day sale.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Wearing Perfume Right Now

It's always worked for me.

Businesses like them thrive on being legit, so they'll fix it - I can't imagine they wouldn't.

They've shipped my stuff next day when I've ordered.

I still haven't gotten a reply. My guess is that they mixed up my order with someone elses. I understand if it was like 1 fragrance off, but 9 is fishy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CologneProdigy View Post
    I still haven't gotten a reply. My guess is that they mixed up my order with someone elses. I understand if it was like 1 fragrance off, but 9 is fishy.
    Very strange. I wonder why they wouldn't reply as a reputable business. Hoping it all works out for you.

Update: They finally replied too my email yesterday. They acknowledged that they made a mistake and their going to send me the correct stuff now

Banned

Update: They finally replied too my email yesterday. They acknowledged that they made a mistake and their going to send me the correct stuff now
    Glad to hear that this got resolved.

Good to hear!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Your order was indeed mixed up with someone else's order. We shipped out the correct order to you and to the other customer as well. I sincerely apologize.
    Adriana
    DÉCANTShop

Quote Originally Posted by gdarius View Post
    I can't get into their website for several days, but they still send me on-sale emails. So sad, I used to buy many decants from them.
    Yes we had some issues with our current site but the issue is fixed for now. We are also working on a new website with fresh and more modern look which will be easier to navigate and order from. The new website should be up within a couple weeks. I apologize about the inconvenience.
    Adriana
    DÉCANTShop

On a similar note, though not as big of a screw-up as your situation, they sent me 9 of the 10 vials in my last order.

I replied to the order confirmation email, since it was from the same info@decantshop.com address that they said to email with order questions. No response for a week or so. I submitted a message on the Contact Us page of their website. No response for a week or so. They don't have a phone number listed, so at this point I have no idea if I will ever be sent the missing vial that I paid for, let alone be able to contact a human being.

What terrible customer service. And it's too bad, I really liked the vials themselves, both the splash and spray, and they had a good selection. My next order will be from one of their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    My next order will be from one of their competitors.
    A good idea.

My next order will be from one of their competitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A good idea.
    Who are their competitors please? Any European companies too?

Bump* 'cause I'm gonna order tonight still. DecantShop has a lot of fragrances, 1200 or so I think I just went through

For a whole thread about the Decant Shop supposedly scamming people, we have one missing sample in this thread, I think. That is a bummer. And no reply about it is a bummer.

Any advertising is good advertising, I've heard. Nothing I've read here would stop me from ordering from the Decant Shop.

Still, I might check out Surrender to Chance or the Perfumed Court at the same time, especially Surrender to Chance. I like that site.

On a similar note, though not as big of a screw-up as your situation, they sent me 9 of the 10 vials in my last order.

I replied to the order confirmation email, since it was from the same info@decantshop.com address that they said to email with order questions. No response for a week or so. I submitted a message on the Contact Us page of their website. No response for a week or so. They don't have a phone number listed, so at this point I have no idea if I will ever be sent the missing vial that I paid for, let alone be able to contact a human being.

What terrible customer service. And it's too bad, I really liked the vials themselves, both the splash and spray, and they had a good selection. My next order will be from one of their competitors.
    Did you ever hear from them?

I am in a similar quandary. I am missing an entire order. I ordered on Oct 20, got a vague confirmation notice on Oct. 29 with no tracking information, so I thought it hadn't been shipped yet. I've sent a couple of inquiries through different methods - nothing. I've always got good service from Adriana before. She wrote here in this thread that they had trouble with their system, the site was down for a couple of days, but they were planning on moving to a new server in a few weeks, which was a couple months ago. After their Halloween sale their site went down again for a couple of days, but they are back up currently with the same looking set up. I don't know what is going on, but it is not good to keep customers in the dark.

I have recommended decantshop in the past. I would suggest holding off on ordering from them until we get better confirmation that they are running up to speed. Would be curious to hear from other recent purchasers.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

24 days. That's how long it took from the day I placed my order until I received it.

I should be grateful that I received it in good order at all.

I have had no explanation from Decantshop, which is really the sad part because I tried several times to get them to tell me what happened. I'm sorry, but that's not good.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    24 days. That's how long it took from the day I placed my order until I received it.

I should be grateful that I received it in good order at all.

I have had no explanation from Decantshop, which is really the sad part because I tried several times to get them to tell me what happened. I'm sorry, but that's not good.
    That's a bummer. In September, they came into this thread to clear things up, but now they won't even answer your emails. Odd.