Code of Conduct
o

Question Is NOTINO for USA ever going to come back?

If I remember right, Notino had been around selling fragrances in Europe for years, then they started in the US with "BeautySpin." Eventually they renamed themselves back to Notino and lasted about a year or two. Then suddenly, the site was taken down. For USA it's still showing as "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE UPDATE OUR WEBSITE SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE PRODUCT YOU WANT NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE." I really wonder if they're ever coming back to sales for USA, or if the field is too crowded.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: Is NOTINO for USA ever going to come back?

I think it's history for the US market.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie Andy the frenchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    If I remember right, Notino had been around selling fragrances in Europe for years, then they started in the US with "BeautySpin." Eventually they renamed themselves back to Notino and lasted about a year or two. Then suddenly, the site was taken down. For USA it's still showing as "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE UPDATE OUR WEBSITE SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE PRODUCT YOU WANT NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE." I really wonder if they're ever coming back to sales for USA, or if the field is too crowded.
    I have no clue, but given how many discounters are currently available in the US, I don't really see what difference it would make.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I have no clue, but given how many discounters are currently available in the US, I don't really see what difference it would make.
    They did differentiate themselves from FragranceNet by offering some fragrances they didn't carry. The service was good. I also liked how they would occasionally offer some excellent niche fragrances on discount as closeout inventory. FragranceNet rarely does that.

Dependent

No need, you have FragranceNet, Perfume.com, Perfumania, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    They did differentiate themselves from FragranceNet by offering some fragrances they didn't carry. The service was good. I also liked how they would occasionally offer some excellent niche fragrances on discount as closeout inventory. FragranceNet rarely does that.
    I agree and would go well beyond that. At the time they discontinued US service, they were steadily carving away my FNet budget and would probably have all of it by now except for maybe some one-offs. They maintained an outstanding and sometimes eclectic inventory, sold at competitive prices and offered first rate customer service. Even the packing was impeccable.

Different vendors have different advantages and disadvantages. The way in which Notino (as BeautySpin) provided value for money spent distinguished it from all the others. I find it peculiar how people who can distinguish three different types of rose notes can make a straight face comment that they were essentially no different from all the others, especially a mass-volume warehouse operation like FNet.

they gone

The UK version compared to the US site pricing is really bad.

Now I have bought from them with no problems, but you searched and looked at a fragrance went away for say 10 minutes decided to buy went back and suddenly the price had jumped up! Very weird. Oh and any cosmetics they sell are more expensive than walking into a department store and buying there. LOL

Also in the space of one year on two different UK Facebook fragrance groups, people had got fakes from Notino UK. They had to fight tooth and nail to get refunds even after proving what they bought was fake. Notino denied it all the way. But strangely suddenly pulled those particular fragrances from their stock. Now it could well be that they did not know themselves they had got fakes from the grey market as no doubt that is where loads of their stock comes from?
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    The UK version compared to the US site pricing is really bad.

Now I have bought from them with no problems, but you searched and looked at a fragrance went away for say 10 minutes decided to buy went back and suddenly the price had jumped up! Very weird. Oh and any cosmetics they sell are more expensive than walking into a department store and buying there. LOL

Also in the space of one year on two different UK Facebook fragrance groups, people had got fakes from Notino UK. They had to fight tooth and nail to get refunds even after proving what they bought was fake. Notino denied it all the way. But strangely suddenly pulled those particular fragrances from their stock. Now it could well be that they did not know themselves they had got fakes from the grey market as no doubt that is where loads of their stock comes from?
    Sounds like they adopted some kind of Amazon dynamic pricing model. I've seen that happen on Amazon with some items where I'm browsing them after reading about a "good deal" on a forum... when I presume a few sales might've taken place in those moments... to suddenly seeing the price jump up. A direct reaction to purchases. Something like "People are interested? We can make more. Price up by 10%." Just as an example.

I wish they would, but I doubt it. Last I read was they got into trouble for selling some fragrances they weren't supposed to be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    I wish they would, but I doubt it. Last I read was they got into trouble for selling some fragrances they weren't supposed to be allowed?
    The thread when they first closed in the US a few mentioned Chanel being the problem?

cytherian, yes I think you are right. I remember looking at something and it was 30+ had a look on here for more reviews went back and it had jumped 10+
    DONNA

Notino UK pricing varies hugely from day to day - you just need to keep your eye out for a bargain! One handy trick is that if you add an item to your basket (but not actually purchase), the price of that item remains the same in the basket, even if the listing price subsequently changes - i.e. you can 'lock in' a low price.

As to fakes - who knows but I think the issue is overblown on FB groups - people are too quick to shout 'fake'. I saw one thread re a supposedly fake Montale Chocolate Greedy because the name sticker on the box spelled it 'Greddy' - personally I think it was clearly just a printing error (the bottle was correct) but everyone was screaming "FAKE!!!".

Oh! Thank you Drzava. Never actually thought of doing that, good to know it works
    DONNA

Notino often have discontinued fragrances unavailable in the US. Right now L'Agent by AP is available on Notino for like 40 euro / 100 ml, Covet Pure Bloom SJP is around 20 euro / 100 ml. Both fragrances are over 100 USD on eBay.com. They did have something by Vivienne Westwood reasonably priced as well, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they don't have anything too rare or special, but they do have some good deals every now and then.
    Currently wearing: Santal Blush by Tom Ford