Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone remember muscenone split of about 2012?

I have some muscenone from a split back in about 2012 or 2013, maybe done via Yahoo, and I have no idea of its provenance as the bottle is unmarked, and I wonder if anyone might know. In other words, was this a split of Firmenich Muscenone Delta, or something else?

Reason for asking is that while quite pleased and excited at the time -- my "best" musks then were isomuscone and trapper-grade musk ketone -- as time went on and my materials improved, I became disenchanted with it and now never use it. It never, to me, had the animal, deep, or rich qualities most report for Muscenone Delta.

I started thinking today, if it's just a generic (such as https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1567907488270 ), that could explain it, and I should buy the Firmenich.

But if any remember this split and know this was Firmenich Muscenone Delta, then it's me, and I'd experience no change.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Bill Roberts; 8th September 2019 at 03:33 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Does anyone remember muscenone split of about 2012?

It was at the time, simply Muscenone, as it says on the product listings for Delta Muscenone. So, it's now at both PA and PSH.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Is the group buy stuff necessarily the Firmemich, though?

Or, if that's unknown, does there seem no difference between what Christine and Linda are now selling and the group buy material?

I'm entirely open to the idea I could be a deficient sniffer of the molecule, though I'm by no means anosmic. However I was wondering if there could be a materials explanation.

Thank you Paul!

Basenotes Plus

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thank you, Paul. Wow, my memory was inadequate. I expected you'd have been in on the split but did not remember that you led it (that is, if you did as the label having the manufacturer info sort of suggests, but I still have no recollection) , absolutely thought it was someone else that memory lost to depths of time. Only explanation to self is, could have been before I came to know you, and it's harder to store information when not knowing.

Thanks again.

What I'll do then, since I smell it well strength wise but not in picking up its more interesting aspects, is use supplementally only on thoughts others may perceive more, and get A/B opinions occasionally from others, rather than go buy more of the same hoping for a difference that won't happen.