Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: For those who wear Azzaro PH EDT

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Vintage is smoother because of the real oakmoss. It's very noticeable in the base, just as with Polo. Although Azzaro pH current formula still has a wearable dry down, Polo's is pretty much just butchered.
    Agree , I have a vintage version of Azzaro pH, bought the 3rd version, the smell is still there , longtivy and projection are the same , just the smell is sharper less rounder , I perfer the 1st version and the 3rd version , now yesterday I bought the rechargeable bottle which I also believe is the 4th edtion, and from reading it's also good, POLO , FORGET IT! yea it's polo for the first 30 minutes then after that forget it , very very sad what they did to it. But Azzaro pH , alot perfer the oakmoss, and very understanding, I collect vintages , but I still get sooo many compliments on the 3rd and latest versions, but like The OP said buy 100ml or 6-8 oz bottle , the sprayer is heavy..but to me longitvity and projection is the same , just less deeper and rounder , more sharp

The problem in buying vintages, are the notes, did the person owning the bottle took care of it? Are the notes still good?, Buying Vinatge takes time and money, u buy a wrong bottle , u end up deep in the pocket and a spoiled cologne with no notes just alchole , a quick smell of what it once was ..that's my only issue with Vinatge bottles and I'm a collecter myself ..I do strongly believe the current FORMULA of Azzaro is still good to go..I own all of them basically and recently tried the newest version in Macy's , it's all Azzaro pH ..just yesterday , ladies was sitting around as I walk by and commented , whatever I'm wearing keep wearing it , it's a beautiful smell..as to I feel noone ever really notice what I'm wearing when I wear my Vintage bottle , expect my wife ..notes tend to fade away after a bit..so if u wanna try the vintage and smell it for it once was and wear it fine , but if u wanna wear the latest version that's fine too. The only person that knows the difference is u noone else

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    The problem in buying vintages, are the notes, did the person owning the bottle took care of it? Are the notes still good?, Buying Vinatge takes time and money, u buy a wrong bottle , u end up deep in the pocket and a spoiled cologne with no notes just alchole , a quick smell of what it once was ..that's my only issue with Vinatge bottles and I'm a collecter myself ..I do strongly believe the current FORMULA of Azzaro is still good to go..I own all of them basically and recently tried the newest version in Macy's , it's all Azzaro pH ..just yesterday , ladies was sitting around as I walk by and commented , whatever I'm wearing keep wearing it , it's a beautiful smell..as to I feel noone ever really notice what I'm wearing when I wear my Vintage bottle , expect my wife ..notes tend to fade away after a bit..so if u wanna try the vintage and smell it for it once was and wear it fine , but if u wanna wear the latest version that's fine too. The only person that knows the difference is u noone else
    I have no issues with longevity or notes fading away quickly with my 1st Edition bottle. It smells great all day. So not everyone will have a poor performance issue. Also not everyone will have the same experience with compliments, as I’ve only received compliments with vintage versions of APH.

If anyone is interested in any vintage fragrances, you have to remember that you run the same risks as with buying any preowned fragrance. Except, with vintage fragrances, whatever poor handling and treatment it’s been exposed to could happen over a longer period of time. There’s a greater potential for degradation to top notes or acquiring a bottle that was improperly stored and has lost its longevity. One tip, among many, is to buy spray bottles when possible. It generally (not always) protects from you getting a bottle filled with newer or fake juice. And, the fragrance is sealed better from the atmosphere and stands up truer to its original form. Look for spray bottles that have their boxes when possible. And pay attention to details of the bottle, the seller, and the bottle’s surrounding to the best extent possible. I many times pass on and don’t buy bottles that are spray but have no box or whenever I observe anything in pictures that could lead me to believe the bottle has not been handled with care. Successful vintage purchasing takes patience and due diligence.

And again, as stated multiple times, if anyone enjoys the current release of Azzaro Pour Homme that’s great. Wear it in good health. Each individual should trust their own nose, and wear what they enjoy.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    All the love for this scent intrigues me. I have sampled it a few times, open boxes at TJ Maxx and Marshall's, and all I get is some cheap smell and a poor construcion with a sharp piercing smell that doesn't really go away. I want to dig deeper into it, but every time I sample it, I get the same result.
    +1 Would like to try the vintage, but the TJ Max bottle I purchased 3-4 years ago was forgettable, at best.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    For me, the new stuff lacks the richness of what it once was. Vintage has a warmth to it. It glows. In vintage form, it could be the one fragrance a man need own to always smell amazing and for every occasion. The new stuff is brighter and has been gutted by regulatory constraints. It’s a pass for me. I won’t begrudge anyone who is fine with the current release. But it’s not the same animal. IMO they might as well stamp on the box, “Our impression of Azzaro Pour Homme.”

The good news regarding the modern version is that you can try it for the price of meal for two at a fast food chain. Not much financial risk.
    Agree 100%!
    Still own 50ml of the vintage Intense version and a 50ml bottle of the 2nd formulation.
    The Intense is at least 5x stronger, richer and deeper than what is out there today and smells brilliant. Even 1 tiny drop of it lasts 8 hrs on my skin and smells heavenly. The 2nd version is in between the vintage Intense and current formulation imo.
    The current still smells ok but is flat and thin imo.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Ali AD View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to just add a few drops in the refillable 3.4 oz Azzaro bottles? No clue what's a good/safe amount though
    If anyone has tried this, I'd be interested in hearing about the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I have no issues with longevity or notes fading away quickly with my 1st Edition bottle. It smells great all day. So not everyone will have a poor performance issue. Also not everyone will have the same experience with compliments, as I’ve only received compliments with vintage versions of APH.

If anyone is interested in any vintage fragrances, you have to remember that you run the same risks as with buying any preowned fragrance. Except, with vintage fragrances, whatever poor handling and treatment it’s been exposed to could happen over a longer period of time. There’s a greater potential for degradation to top notes or acquiring a bottle that was improperly stored and has lost its longevity. One tip, among many, is to buy spray bottles when possible. It generally (not always) protects from you getting a bottle filled with newer or fake juice. And, the fragrance is sealed better from the atmosphere and stands up truer to its original form. Look for spray bottles that have their boxes when possible. And pay attention to details of the bottle, the seller, and the bottle’s surrounding to the best extent possible. I many times pass on and don’t buy bottles that are spray but have no box or whenever I observe anything in pictures that could lead me to believe the bottle has not been handled with care. Successful vintage purchasing takes patience and due diligence.

And again, as stated multiple times, if anyone enjoys the current release of Azzaro Pour Homme that’s great. Wear it in good health. Each individual should trust their own nose, and wear what they enjoy.
    Very true , splash colognes is very risky, I have Santos de Cartier vintage , tsar , van cleef pour homme , Halston vintage , pasha Vinatge , of paco Rabanne in 3 vintage forms , luckily for me the Paco's are in great condition considering there in splash, I was just on eBay and it's alot splash Azzaro vintages , and I'm like damn man I hate buying splash it's messy, and God knows if it's still good so if u can afford a loss then go for it , AZZARO is a very reasonable price very reasonable , I was hunting Rive Gauche pour homme and man the prices are so up there idk if I can pull the plug on that

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

. . . WE SA-LUTE YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    If anyone has tried this, I'd be interested in hearing about the results.
    Yes u can buy all extracts 100% natrual oils even Oakmoss, whatever notes are in the fragrance can be found , that's what alot body oils distributor are using now n days to copy the smell, my friend has a vintage Kouros 10ml oil, and it's incredible, it's projection and longitvity is unreal, I have a polo one which is really good but lacks of longtivy, I bought it cheap, from what I've been told , some oil makers make it with synthetic oil some make it with 100% natrual oil, can be lil bit expensive but still very cheap, so for now on I buy more expensive oils and make sure to ask if it's cut or uncut and what kind of oil , u want uncut and 100% natrual oil, that's why Vinatge colognes was darker , Kouros was a dark urine color now is light yellow , cause they used natrual oil to make that fragrance ..now it's all synthetic

I'm very happy with my current "rechargeable" not knowing what I'm missing. Maybe someday I'll investigate but it's not a priority for me.. oh and I don't get Polo at all. *shrug*

This is one of my bad boys! Love the juice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    I'm very happy with my current "rechargeable" not knowing what I'm missing. Maybe someday I'll investigate but it's not a priority for me.. oh and I don't get Polo at all. *shrug*
    Neither do I. If it smelled in the ballpark, even a little, I'd like it. Doesn't seem anywhere close to me.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    I know you'll probably all say you prefer the vintage. But what if you had to settle for buying a bottle now, as it is now. Would you / Do you still wear it?...
    Short answer: yes i would buy the current bottle.

My latest bottle is about 2 years old. I have always had a bottle of Azzaro in my wardrobe since i started using it in 1978. Are there differences? Certainly. The oakmoss glow has been well described above. However, Azzaro PH is about more than that. That's the reason i still enjoy the more recent editions. Of course if i come across a vintage bottle i would buy it immediately. I just do not need it that desperately.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Lol reiterating- let it stew fir a few months!
    Really does wonders.
    I got a brand spanking new one last year and writ it off straight away and sold on.
    Earlier this year I got another (couldn't pass up $15/100ml) and has been stewing since.
    None of these descriptions now fit : sharp, thin , poor performance rather, it's pretty nicely rounded, warm and well just spot on. A few times I'm wearing it I'm thinking Rive Gauche to myself.

Ps. Might be worth picking up a used SPRAY one as it'll likely already have had time to stew.
    Heart heart heart emoticon!
    Currently wearing: Lalique White by Lalique

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Lol reiterating- let it stew fir a few months!
    Really does wonders.
    I got a brand spanking new one last year and writ it off straight away and sold on.
    Earlier this year I got another (couldn't pass up $15/100ml) and has been stewing since.
    None of these descriptions now fit : sharp, thin , poor performance rather, it's pretty nicely rounded, warm and well just spot on. A few times I'm wearing it I'm thinking Rive Gauche to myself.

Ps. Might be worth picking up a used SPRAY one as it'll likely already have had time to stew.
    Heart heart heart emoticon!

I hope you’re right, and I have experienced this mace ration effect with a number of fragrances. My very new bottle has an amazing first hour, but then simmers down very close to the skin. I’d love for the base to come alive, this would become a 5 star fragrance for me if it did.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Blog Entries

I don't condone mixing any oils in full bottles. Better choice: get a smaller bottle to test the correct formula with before ruining a full bottle. Add say 1/2 oz and add 1 drop of oakmoss absolute and test the result. If it doesn't smell right, let it sit a couple days, maybe a week, test it again. If you still notice no improvement, add another drop, and do the waiting period all over again. Creating fragrances (even tweaking them) comes with a lot of trial and error; but you can easily ruin your bottle by throwing everything off balance, in a matter of seconds. <speaking from experience>
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Wild Forest by Armand Basi

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roro View Post
    . . . WE SA-LUTE YOU!!

Best post.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Best post.
    If just one person appreciates it, then I figure it's worth the effort.

I wonder how many people even got it.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

If just one person appreciates it, then I figure it's worth the effort.

Only those of us not yet zombified by Spotify auto-gen playlists.

Basenotes Plus

We could start a thread called, "Dirty frags bought dirt cheap."
    Currently wearing: Baie de Genièvre by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Only those of us not yet zombified by Spotify auto-gen playlists.
    Spotify is the devil! Use Apple Music.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

If spotify is the devil, apple is saying 'get behind me.'

Is Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time any good? Saw it today at TJ.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Who Sprayed Who
    Hells Smells
    Whole Lotta Roses

Just to get it out of our systems.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Dirty Deeds is the only AC/DC album I ever owned. I can't remember whether I bought it before Back in Black came out or after, but it was around that time. I still prefer their stuff from the Bon Scott era.

Basenotes Plus

Dirty Deeds is the only AC/DC album I ever owned. I can't remember whether I bought it before Back in Black came out or after, but it was around that time.
    It was recorded first, but issued after.
    Currently wearing: Baie de Genièvre by Creed

Dandy Creeds Aren't Dirt Cheap