Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Aventus Clone = Club De Nuit Intense By Armaf ?

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    If you have enough money for Roja, Memo, Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian then it’s not a hard reach to purchase real Aventus. I don’t see price being an issue in relation to those other brands.

However, there are many people that are not going to, or can’t, pay for Aventus. For those individuals I would recommend reading the link provided above to the other thread. The subject of Aventus clones and Club de Nuit Intense in particular is already well documented.
    Well Certainly I dont have that kind of Money to afford a Creed Aventus at that Price, what I meant was, If I did have a big Budget I would have gone for my other Favorites in the list mentioned then spend on Creed. For the Simple Reason I have never smelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    However I find CDNIM very abrasive and couldn't wear it by myself, it's just that uncomfortable with all the scratchy ingredients, they've put into that juice.
    I would rather buy and wear Montblanc Explorer. It's not identical to Aventus but in the same ballpark and much easier to wear.
    Indeed. I also found CDNIM extremely harsh and abrasive. It smells toxic tbh. That is not to say that it does not smell like Aventus at all. It does. It just smells extremely cheap in comparison, which is of course not surprising considering the price. No offense to its devotees. If you get from CDNIM what I get from Aventus, then more power to you. But I would definitely advice against buying blind, and would also suggest to check out Explorer.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    Well Certainly I dont have that kind of Money to afford a Creed Aventus at that Price, what I meant was, If I did have a big Budget I would have gone for my other Favorites in the list mentioned then spend on Creed. For the Simple Reason I have never smelled it.
    Thank you for the clarification. I would agree that it is too expensive to blind buy Aventus.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Own and like (the drydown of) CDNI but I do not try to convince myself that it is almost the same as Aventus as it is not!
    It is a non-offensive (drydown that is) fun to go fragrance on its own imo and that is how I use it.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

I would say it's the best for the price. Bought mine for $30 on Amazon.

Resembles more of a smokey batch of Aventus.Great performer, tons of compliments.

Of the 3 clones I have tried;

1. Parfums Vintage Emperor EDP
    2. Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man
    3. Insurrection Pure 2
    Last edited by Tyronious; 11th September 2019 at 09:58 AM.

The only “clone” I’ve tried that scratches the itch is Rasasi’s Rumz. Is it as good as Aventus? Nope... Is it a pleasant fragrance that gets the job done? It is...

Pineapple Vintage is another that is well done and worth looking into.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    The only “clone” I’ve tried that scratches the itch is Rasasi’s Rumz. Is it as good as Aventus? Nope... Is it a pleasant fragrance that gets the job done? It is...

Pineapple Vintage is another that is well done and worth looking into.
    I was part of a pre-release review of Pineapple Vintage. I wasn't expecting an exact clone of Aventus, but it came across too synthetic and "lost"... as on it's own it's hard to know what the fragrance is trying to be. "Aventus" is the only explanation. It was a close attempt but failed for me. I returned it.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Oliver Creed wants your money!

Personally I'd opt for Tiziana Terenzi's Orion if I want an interesting birxh/pineapple combo. I don't care about to what extent it clones Aventus, it does Aventus better.

My opinion, of course.
    Currently wearing: Portrayal Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    Oliver Creed wants your money!

Personally I'd opt for Tiziana Terenzi's Orion if I want an interesting birxh/pineapple combo. I don't care about to what extent it clones Aventus, it does Aventus better.

My opinion, of course.
    I would agree about Orion. Thanks for reminding me as I'd forgotten about this one. I sampled it briefly but was very impressed. Not a deliberate Aventus clone, but something I found myself appreciating more than Aventus on that fruity/smoky theme. With all the "Aventus noise," perhaps Orion is the sleeper here.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    I would agree about Orion. Thanks for reminding me as I'd forgotten about this one. I sampled it briefly but was very impressed. Not a deliberate Aventus clone, but something I found myself appreciating more than Aventus on that fruity/smoky theme. With all the "Aventus noise," perhaps Orion is the sleeper here.
    Just read up a bit on Orion. It’s interesting. I suppose I would personally have to erase Aventus from my line of thinking and judge it solely on its own character for me to pay. Right or wrong, I inherently disagree with ‘clones’ which aren’t priced lower than a certain amount below the original. Orion reads like a fragrance that’s very well done. If I’m looking for a clone of Aventus, I’m not sure it’s for me. But haven’t gotten curious to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Just read up a bit on Orion. It’s interesting. I suppose I would personally have to erase Aventus from my line of thinking and judge it solely on its own character for me to pay. Right or wrong, I inherently disagree with ‘clones’ which aren’t priced lower than a certain amount below the original. Orion reads like a fragrance that’s very well done. If I’m looking for a clone of Aventus, I’m not sure it’s for me. But haven’t gotten curious to test it.
    Try to sample it if you can, maybe get some in a trade, when ordering your next set of samples from on-line retailers, or on your next fragrance boutique visit.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Try to sample it if you can, maybe get some in a trade, when ordering your next set of samples from on-line retailers, or on your next fragrance boutique visit.
    Will do. Thanks for your input!

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense = Creed Aventus = Rasasi Rumz Al Pour Lui = Nishane Hacivat = Montblanc Explorer.

Differences? Armaf has drier birch base, but all other aspects are similar to Aventus. Aventus pineapple top note is a slight anise green/pineapple note that might be black currant for a unique pineapple/black currant blend opening. Rasasi Pour Lui (Zebra) is lighter in tone pineapple / birch but while it is subtler the scent smells less abrasive, less assertive than Aventus and easier to wear. Explorer doesn't have pineapple at all but goes greener in opening with vetiver after bergamot but also has a dry chypre base with patchouli, cocoa. Explorer uses very unique ingredients that are different in all aspects from Aventus but the effect is similar. Hacivat is stronger pineapple tone initially and a softer dry base than Aventus for a dry pineapple unique Aventus like perfume.

I think these are all about equal in quality and sometimes I like one or the other more but that changes. I own all of these, but I am sure there are other excellent clones of this style.
    late fall lineup: • eau de cologne imperiale • baie 19 • the noir 29 • o. durbano lapis lazuli • dear polly • cereus no. 11 • moth and rabbit • bvlgari man dark orient • madras cardamom • phuong dang artist • hermes osmanthe yunnan • boadicea the victorious imperial • olibanum profumum • fahrenheit parfum • dusita issara • papyrus oud/71 • pacific rock moss • sahraa oud • mfk oud extrait • baccarat rouge 540 extrait

Has anyone tried the August 2019 Batch please?
    (Club De Nuit Intense.. PD: 8//2019)
    I’ve read in reviews that some of the batches are hit and miss. Thanks guys.

80%-90% close enough to actual Aventus. If you are just looking for the general waft smell of Aventus, get CDNI.....if you want to dive in and highly scrutinize and start analyzing Aventus and batches, and clones, and determining what price points are fair, etc.....then it may be a long costly journey

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    I wish there was a clone sub-forum.
    An Aventus sub-sub forum?!? probably a need for it, actually