Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default Creed Aventus Clone = Club De Nuit Intense By Armaf ?

Hey Guys,

With the price at which the original Creed Aventus is available, I would rather my other personal favourites from Roja Parfums, Memo and Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian.

So I was thinking about buying a fragrance which smells very close to a creed Aventus, is it true that Club De Nuit Intense Man By Armaf smells very similar to the Master Piece Creed Avendus ? How similar do they smell in terms of percentage ?
    Last edited by augustya; 8th September 2019 at 05:13 PM.

Default Re: Creed Aventus Clone = Club De Nuit Intense By Armaf ?

Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    Hey Guys,

With the price at which the aboriginal Creed Aventus is available, I would rather my other personal favourites from Roja Parfums, Memo and Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian.

So I was thinking about buying a fragrance which smells very close to a reed Aventus, is it true that Club De Nuit Intense Man By Armaf smells very similar to the Master Piece Creed Avendus ? How similar do they smell in terms of percentage ?
    As can be seen from this collection of hand carved traditional weapons the Aborigines held the Royal Pineapple in great reverence. As a result aboriginal Creed Aventus carries an inflated price tag to this day.

See the various threads on this! http://www.basenotes.net/sitesearch....ense+By+Armaf+

Another Aventus copy: Noir by Adnan B.

Good option IMHO, I like Aventus and CDNI has that DNA but it is very much a chemical type Aventus on steroids! It will scratch that itch but will never replace Aventus.

So guys is that a affirmative answer or a negative ?? On Club De Nuit Intense being Aventus clone ?

Not even close.

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
    CDNI has that DNA but it is very much a chemical type Aventus on steroids!
    This. I'm not a great person to ask, because I think they are closer than most people. Yes, it is most definitely a clone of Aventus, I don't think that is in question. The question becomes how close is it? It does not smell as "natural" or really quite as good somehow. It is quite chemically, but, on me it is very strong and long lasting. There are reports of batch variance in CDNM as well, and I guess there must be if anyone doesn't think this stuff will peel paint. I sold off my backup bottle. Just didn't want 2 bottles of it as I'm not sure I'm super comfortable with the level of chemicallyness from some relatively unregulated country of origin.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

You know guys what I feel, this whole discussion of being synthetic and chemical and blah..blah..how does it really matter ? I mean for me or for the person around me it is the good, pleasant, charming, enthralling smell that really matters, who the F***k cares if it is synthetic or chemical or what not ?? Just my two cents !!

You know guys what I feel, this whole discussion of being synthetic and chemical and blah..blah..how does it really matter ? I mean for me or for the person around me it is the good, pleasant, charming, enthralling smell that really matters, who the F***k cares if it is synthetic or chemical or what not ?? Just my two cents !!
    It doesn't pal you are right, it is just opinion. I own CDNI and wear it more than my Aventus samples (have not pulled the trigger on a full bottle yet) For me I can wear CDNI when ever I like as the price makes it a know brainer for that Aventus vibe. If money was unlimited I would drop CDNI and wear Aventus. Others will argue differently, each to there own.

If you like it, wear it. If you can afford something higher priced try that, it does not matter as long as it suits you and your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    As can be seen from this collection of hand carved traditional weapons the Aborigines held the Royal Pineapple in great reverence. As a result aboriginal Creed Aventus carries an inflated price tag to this day.

Aborigines weapons?! They look more like Aborigines sex toys to me.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Guys,

With the price at which the aboriginal Creed Aventus is available, I would rather my other personal favourites from Roja Parfums, Memo and Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian.

So I was thinking about buying a fragrance which smells very close to a reed Aventus, is it true that Club De Nuit Intense Man By Armaf smells very similar to the Master Piece Creed Avendus ? How similar do they smell in terms of percentage ?
    If you have enough money for Roja, Memo, Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian then itís not a hard reach to purchase real Aventus. I donít see price being an issue in relation to those other brands.

However, there are many people that are not going to, or canít, pay for Aventus. For those individuals I would recommend reading the link provided above to the other thread. The subject of Aventus clones and Club de Nuit Intense in particular is already well documented.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Another alternative is "Zara Vibrant Leather"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zara-Vibran...-BI4Q#shpCntId

I think they ship to India for free.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    If you have enough money for Roja, Memo, Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian then it’s not a hard reach to purchase real Aventus. I don’t see price being an issue in relation to those other brands.
    Feel the same.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think what is often missed about this "Aventus substitute" drive, is that it's not about finding a clone. Because there really isn't one. Even those that come very close to imitating Aventus in the onset end up diverging a good bit into the dry down. There is a reason why Aventus remains a good seller for Creed -- it hasn't been successfully cloned. And part of the reason why is variation within Aventus itself. Imagine two ends of a dynamic scent range: Fruity Pineapple and Smoky Birch. Any given batch of Aventus may fall somewhere within that range. Just read through Aventus topics and you'll see some extreme Aventus obsessed people having explored many batches, and then having found their "perfect batch". Some people adore the fruity pineapple, while others are into that smoky birch, and then perhaps a majority enjoy a balance of the two.

So to even make a clone, one has to decide what batch of Aventus to imitate!

It doesn't pal you are right, it is just opinion. I own CDNI and wear it more than my Aventus samples (have not pulled the trigger on a full bottle yet) For me I can wear CDNI when ever I like as the price makes it a know brainer for that Aventus vibe. If money was unlimited I would drop CDNI and wear Aventus. Others will argue differently, each to there own.

If you like it, wear it. If you can afford something higher priced try that, it does not matter as long as it suits you and your pocket.
    +1 this. Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense is a good fragrance on it's own. It "smells like" Aventus, but it's not a clone. I would rather have a fragrance that smells good based on the "Aventus accord", rather than a mediocre fragrance that is only momentarily* very close to Aventus. So you know what? Buy CdNI. Forget about it smelling like Aventus. Just enjoy it for what it is.

(what I mean by "momentary" is that something like Zara Vibrant Leather is said to smell almost exactly like Aventus at the start, but it changes into the dry down and projection weakens significantly on skin--perfect example to only being momentarily like Aventus).
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Banned

Hey Guys,

You're not asking any of the right questions. Or not worded properly.

"Is there something out there that smells like Aventus and is good?"

Club de Nuit Intense smells quite a bit like Aventus, but is cheap and chemical, especially in the nose-curling opening. It eventually dries down to something wearable but you need a degree of patience. Lasts forever. Whether it will smell good to you is a matter of taste.

Zara's Vibrant Leather is more an impression of Aventus, or Aventus-like. I find it more wearable than CDNI but it doesn't last very long, like most Zara fragrances. Softer and somewhat more natural-smelling too for a relatively cheap perfume. I would call it pleasant whereas CDNI is unpleasant to my nose.

If you can afford it, buy Aventus. It isn't going to be discontinued any time soon, and the batch hype is largely overdone. CDNIM is 'inspired by', but in my opinion, I deeply disliked wearing it and had to wash it off. Aventus doesn't even come close to producing that response, so it's very much up to you and your own tastes. There will be people who say it's just as good to them, so they only definitive way is to decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post

Ha...Ha...Ha didn't see my mistake first but now saw it again and realized it was a typos ! But that was funny made me burst into laughter in a public transport !!

Quote Originally Posted by ladida View Post
    Not even close.
    Why would you say this? They're clearly very close.

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    If you can afford it, buy Aventus. It isn't going to be discontinued any time soon, and the batch hype is largely overdone.
    Tell that to the folks who debate nearly endlessly about batches and hunt for specific ones. I have actually sampled a few and noticed a difference. Some more fruity/pineapple, others more smoky birch. I found them all to be very good quality, but if I enjoyed one batch of Aventus and bought another bottle to find it on the other end of the spectrum (pineapple vs. smoky) I wouldn't be very happy about it.
    CDNIM is 'inspired by', but in my opinion, I deeply disliked wearing it and had to wash it off. Aventus doesn't even come close to producing that response, so it's very much up to you and your own tastes. There will be people who say it's just as good to them, so they only definitive way is to decide for yourself.
    Yes, it is inspired by and it's a matter of taste. If you own Aventus and enjoy it, very likely CdNI won't be appealing.

Unfortunately, Aventus went through a phase of being copied outright. There are fakes floating about. So, buying used to save some money can be a challenge. I would be very hesitant to buy any decants unless they came from a very reputable Basenotes member.
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Club De Nuit Intense Man is indistinguishable from Aventus for any purpose that matters. The significance of nuances, batch drivel and hysterical dunning of clones are an invention of people eternally smarting from laying out enough for a set of car tires for 100ml of cologne only to go to work and find half the men in the office wear it every day already, along with those susceptible such snob appeal espoused by others, coalescing eventually into village mobbery.

Believing is seeing may be the path for faith and eternity, but it just looks dumb in the temporal world.

I could easily tell CDNIM apart from Aventus sniffing both on paper stripes.
    In the sillage, when someone is wearing them, it's more difficult.

However I find CDNIM very abrasive and couldn't wear it by myself, it's just that uncomfortable with all the scratchy ingredients, they've put into that juice.
    I would rather buy and wear Montblanc Explorer. It's not identical to Aventus but in the same ballpark and much easier to wear.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I could easily tell CDNIM apart from Aventus sniffing both on paper stripes.
    In the sillage, when someone is wearing them, it's more difficult.

However I find CDNIM very abrasive and couldn't wear it by myself, it's just that uncomfortable with all the scratchy ingredients, they've put into that juice.
    I would rather buy and wear Montblanc Explorer. It's not identical to Aventus but in the same ballpark and much easier to wear.
    Montblanc Explorer does have the DNA but goes in a more stripped-down "sportier" direction than Aventus IMO, with no vanilla or pineapple.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Sybaris by Antonio Puig

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post

and of course if somebody thinks it's so close to Aventus....more power to him/her

Yes, I see what you mean with "sportier".
    But if the TO wants to smell Aventus, he needs to buy the original.
    Loewe Esencia EDP is a good alternative, too, but it's more clean with Lavender. And not that cheap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ascotnot View Post
    Club De Nuit Intense Man is indistinguishable from Aventus for any purpose that matters. The significance of nuances, batch drivel and hysterical dunning of clones are an invention of people eternally smarting from laying out enough for a set of car tires for 100ml of cologne only to go to work and find half the men in the office wear it every day already, along with those susceptible such snob appeal espoused by others, coalescing eventually into village mobbery.

Believing is seeing may be the path for faith and eternity, but it just looks dumb in the temporal world.
    I must be getting old. I can't tell if this is trolling or not.

If you have enough money for Roja, Memo, Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian then it’s not a hard reach to purchase real Aventus.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Feel the same.
    This was my first thought as well. If you can afford Roja, you can afford Aventus. If you can afford Kilian, you can afford Aventus. If you can afford Tom Ford...

Hey Guys,

With the price at which the original Creed Aventus is available, I would rather my other personal favourites from Roja Parfums, Memo and Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian.

So I was thinking about buying a fragrance which smells very close to a creed Aventus, is it true that Club De Nuit Intense Man By Armaf smells very similar to the Master Piece Creed Avendus ? How similar do they smell in terms of percentage ?
    It's quite close and is a good substitute if you're not willing to shell out for the real deal. For the current going price of CDNI, you can't really go wrong to try for yourself.
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

Basenotes Plus

It all comes down to the quality of materials used for the fragrance, Creed uses high quality materials. The clones will not be using the same high quality materials. If you think Creed Aventus smells identical to the clones you either got a huge fake or have sinus issues. I’ve worn various batches of Creed Aventus, without going into batch talk they all offer something unique to appreciate. Do yourself a favor buy a split from the splits board of authentic Creed Aventus or buy a authentic bottle and wear the real deal. If you like a clone more power to you and your nose, but to say a clone is just as good is laughable, ingredients will be inferior to Creed and end result is not the real deal.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain LíInstant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Freed from BN Institution

If you have enough money for Roja, Memo, Tom Ford, PDM and Kilian then it’s not a hard reach to purchase real Aventus. I don’t see price being an issue in relation to those other brands.
    Truth
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

I wish there was a clone sub-forum.