Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Lancome launch new fragrance, Idole in super slim bottle

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Lancome launch new fragrance, Idole in super slim bottle

This sounds like something my granddaughter might enjoy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Lancome launch new fragrance, Idole in super slim bottle

I do have to complement them and say the pear note was a nice touch, something I wish more fragrances would do, but unfortunately this fragrance was less than amazing.

Don't get me wrong, the ingredient note list is a wonderful combination, but this is still your standard department store perfume, which these days is not really saying much.

(Although maybe the pear and vanilla together was a little much and gives this too much of a gourmand edge, think it would have been better if they had chosen one or the other)

Oh, also the perfume isn't really any stronger than rose water, though it does still seem to have decent longevity.
    The opening is a little herbally but that soon dies down.

I don't know why this is classified as a chypre floral, it's closer to a sweet musk.

Reading some of the other reviews, this seems to be a kind of love it or kind of hate it fragrance, depending on the person. And that's not because of the pear note.