Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Sandalwood - is there a gem I'm missing out on? Not sure where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wouldn't think of Rush For Men as a sandalwood prominent scent. But that's me.
    Yep, agreed. Just trying it now. It's nice, very similar to CdG Wonderwood, but not really what I'm after, nor is it a sandalwood scent specifically.

Default Re: Sandalwood - is there a gem I'm missing out on? Not sure where to look.

Inherent in the nature of Mysore Sandalwood oil is the fact that its so damn light and minimal. I accept that. Obviously the more vintage the oil is (and of course, when I say vintage I am using the term generally...because what I have learned about Sandalwood harvesting, distillation, regions, etc is that the fact that it comes from India is only one of many different variables that can contribute to the beauty of 'vintage' sandalwood - things like 1) how *old* is the wood that is being harvested in 19**? 2) is the wood roots or tree trunk 3) how is it distilled? Metal? Copper? glass? 4) Is the vendor reputable, etc...

I own many different oils and this is how I wear them:

- Dabbed on my arms
    - Swiped on my beard (not rubbed in)
    - Rubbed into my ear lobe so that when I move around I can smell it easily
    - Drops into a hot bath (this is the most boujie option...I have to be honest I feel a bit silly taking a bath in oil that's so expensive and watching it swirl down the drain after I bathe...but f*ck it...life is too short to stockpile oils and not wear them
    - Blended with Everclear and left to macerate and then sprayed on

I own several Mysore and Non-Mysore Sandalwood oils:

- A vintage oil (2000) I bought from an aromatherapy store, that I wrote a thread about here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/396...the-Year-2000)
    - A vintage oil (2002) I bought on eBay from the brand Lorann i bought last year I think I used this one the most, in my bath. It's almost gone.
    - 'New' (2016) Mysore sandalwood from Imperial Oud (this was never on his site, it was a private sale that the owner of IO emailed me about and shipped internationally. I
    - 'New' (2019) Citrine sandalwood from Rising Phoenix (from Sri Lanka...it's good stuff but very green and resinous)
    - 'New' (2018) Umami Crema sandalwood from Rising Phoenix (also from Sri Lanka...wild nuances in this one!!)

I also used to own Sultani Sandali by Rising Phoenix but that's all gone.

And I just placed an order for three (3) Feel Oud sandalwood's a couple days ago (2.5 gr each) - I spent way too much $ on them but I have been eyeing them for a while now and I really wanted them. Total was + $500 for the 3. Excited to wear them.
    Agreed on the Umami Crema i tried that one and loved it, which remind me i need to go order some real quick
    Currently wearing: Side Effect by Initio

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Agreed on the Umami Crema i tried that one and loved it, which remind me i need to go order some real quick
    I think it's all gone, no?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Personal faves At the front Sandalwood Attar from Amouage (pretty much pure mysore oil) and the elusive Sandalo Inspiritu from DSH. I would add IUNX L'Arbre to this collection - picked it up from Paris a coupla years back - lovely sandalwood EdT with a touch of immoretelle in the opening (that mercifully disappears after a few minutes!).
    I owned a full bottle of Amouage Sandalwood and I have to be honest - some of my Mysore is better than the Amouage. It was nice. But not 4 times as nice for 4 x the price.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I think it's all gone, no?
    Still listed on their etsy page!
    Currently wearing: Side Effect by Initio

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Still listed on their etsy page!
    Oh good. Grab some then!

-- Eckhart Tolle