Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55
o
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Lightbulb You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Here's Peter's You Tube link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Z...E2MQBtzTfqDFfw

    Here's Oswald's You Tube link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWz...2YLkgj2hLrjKpw


    This is information regarding their brands forthcoming

    Fragranceview



    MrOz




    I'm excited for the both of them.
    I wish the both the best .
    Hopefully they create some home runs for us .

  2. #2

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.
    I understand your concerns, for with some it does seem this way,
    but in defense of Peter and Oswald, I'll beg the differ.
    Why , well on Peter's part, he is spending his own money, and is not backed by,
    nor is someone else making his perfumes.
    If you watch the video, he tells you that.
    He has dipped deeply into his savings and has taken time off from his work .
    He also has designed his own bottles, and they are to reflect the perfume.
    Peter also has spent his own money on naturals and others aroma chemicals in the process of learning.
    I'll find the video of his work/perfume bench.
    Lot's of bottles of different notes etc.

    Regarding Oswald, look, he's been very good to the community.
    Oswald had a giveaway, and I won it.
    The giveaway was for the Dior Privee line.
    I didn't expect what he sent me.
    He sent me 8x5mls from the line.
    I gave some to another reviewer who might not have had the chance to sample from that line.

    I can liken the need to create what you love to this;
    I have a lot of music. Been interested in it for my whole life.
    I enjoy music so much that I bought a few different instruments.
    I enjoy playing music for those who can bare my inability to play.

    All joking aside though. I do understand what your saying.
    I never uploaded anything in the forums of anyone else wanting to make their own perfume.
    I will, when Maxamillion Huseler does his, upload something about him.
    I like these three dudes from You Tube.
    I think they're straight shooters.

    Once again, I do understand your point.
    I'll go find that video.

    Thank you so much for your honest comment.
    Always appreciate that.

    Here's Peter at his work/perfume bench

    It's from December 21st/2017

    disclaimer. I get no perks for mentioning them.
    Last edited by JBS1; 15th September 2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: cnatspeeel

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    21,167

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.
    Agree 100%.

  5. #5

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    I understand your concerns, for with some it does seem this way,
    but in defense of Peter and Oswald, I'll beg the differ.
    Why , well on Peter's part, he is spending his own money, and is not backed by,
    nor is someone else making his perfumes.
    If you watch the video, he tells you that.
    He has dipped deeply into his savings and has taken time off from his work .
    He also has designed his own bottles, and they are to reflect the perfume.
    Peter also has spent his own money on naturals and others aroma chemicals in the process of learning.
    I'll find the video of his work/perfume bench.
    Lot's of bottles of different notes etc.

    Regarding Oswald, look, he's been very good to the community.
    Oswald had a giveaway, and I won it.
    The giveaway was for the Dior Privee line.
    I didn't expect what he sent me.
    He sent me 8x5mls from the line.
    I gave some to another reviewer who might not have had the chance to sample from that line.

    I can liken the need to create what you love to this;
    I have a lot of music. Been interested in it for my whole life.
    I enjoy music so much that I bought a few different instruments.
    I enjoy playing music for those who can bare my inability to play.

    All joking aside though. I do understand what your saying.
    I never uploaded anything in the forums of anyone else wanting to make their own perfume.
    I will, when Maxamillion Huseler does his, upload something about him.
    I like these three dudes from You Tube.
    I think they're straight shooters.

    Once again, I do understand your point.
    I'll go find that video.

    Thank you so much for your honest comment.
    Always appreciate that.

    Here's Peter at his work/perfume bench

    It's from December 21st/2017

    disclaimer. I get no perks for mentioning them.
    To be honest in my opinion you said a whole bunch on nothing, friend.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    To be honest in my opinion you said a whole bunch on nothing, friend.
    I go by what they say, if they said that's how they are going about it,
    well I trust them .
    I think it's more passion than ego .
    I'm happy that they are taking a chance at creating perfumes.

    Again, I appreciate your thoughts.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Agree 100%.
    I think that they should try .
    I'm glad that David Bowie decided to create music while he was here.
    I understand your thoughts though, and appreciate your honesty.

  8. #8

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.
    The YouTube algorithm isn't paying out like it used to, as many YouTubers have noted. But neither of these two are superstars. Peter has a decent, but not immense, following, and this Oz fellow (who I didn't know about) has a very small following indeed. But no doubt they want to find ways to expand their audience.

    That said, it really depends on what they come out with, doesn't it? JF came out with a fragrance that's apparently a perfect expression of his persona right down to its vacuousness.

    Peter's been playing around with the art of perfumery for a while, so I'm curious as to what he'll come up with. I would hope that it wouldn't just be an empty cash grab.

  9. #9

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.
    It is OK that you don't understand. To follow up your admission of not understanding with a baseless statement gave me a chuckle. "...it is a fantastic indicator..." lol

  10. #10

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    The YouTube algorithm isn't paying out like it used to, as many YouTubers have noted. But neither of these two are superstars. Peter has a decent, but not immense, following, and this Oz fellow (who I didn't know about) has a very small following indeed. But no doubt they want to find ways to expand their audience.

    That said, it really depends on what they come out with, doesn't it? JF came out with a fragrance that's apparently a perfect expression of his persona right down to its vacuousness.

    Peter's been playing around with the art of perfumery for a while, so I'm curious as to what he'll come up with. I would hope that it wouldn't just be an empty cash grab.
    I feel like if he came up with anything good he wouldn't have spent his whole video talking about how much stress (lol) and time he put into making the bottle, and would have talked about the perfume. It's going to be another case of lack luster.

  11. #11
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I don't understand what the obsession is with having a "brand". This is the same thing Jeremy does too, and it is a fantastic indicator that all the person behind the "brand" cares about is recognition and money not perfumery.
    There’re a lot of defeatist attitudes in this thread. A brand, in this case, is clearly just another word for “perfume house” - though I can understand your hesitancy surrounding the word “brand” because of its association with, as someone else said, “vacuous” undertakings a la Jeremy Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I feel like if he came up with anything good he wouldn't have spent his whole video talking about how much stress (lol) and time he put into making the bottle, and would have talked about the perfume. It's going to be another case of lack luster.
    Starting a business is stressful.

  12. #12

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    My issue with it, and with most niche houses where they make the scents themselves, is that I would imagine it is very difficult to become a skilled perfumer as even those with years of formal training struggle to master the craft. Being passionate and dabbling with raw materials in your basement is nice and all, but is no substitute for years of professional education, an apprenticeship and hours spent in the lab. It takes a certain amount of arrogance to decide that you can do better, or contribute something of value, without first learning the basics and paying your professional dues. Eg with Peter, I enjoy some of his videos and he seems like a nice and sincere guy, but he freely admits to not being well-versed in the classics or in the history of perfume. It’s pretty mind blowing to me that he nonetheless feels able to put his name on, and presumably pour a lot of cash into, his own perfume range. Maybe I’m just too cautious, but I’d want to spend serious time learning about these things beforehand. Of course, maybe he is just a natural artist and/or virtuoso chemist and/or idiot savant perfumista and the scents are great anyway.

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    The YouTube algorithm isn't paying out like it used to, as many YouTubers have noted. But neither of these two are superstars. Peter has a decent, but not immense, following, and this Oz fellow (who I didn't know about) has a very small following indeed. But no doubt they want to find ways to expand their audience.


    Peter's been playing around with the art of perfumery for a while, so I'm curious as to what he'll come up with. I would hope that it wouldn't just be an empty cash grab.
    To the first, Oswald does have very small following , but he is also well regarded.
    Yes, it most likely will add to his subs, if things go well.
    I'm sure it will be a very small release.

    To Peter, I think the profits should bare his expenses.

    Very good points and thank you.
    Last edited by JBS1; 16th September 2019 at 02:25 AM. Reason: cnatspeeel

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    There’re a lot of defeatist attitudes in this thread. A brand, in this case, is clearly just another word for “perfume house” - though I can understand your hesitancy surrounding the word “brand” because of its association with, as someone else said, “vacuous” undertakings a la Jeremy Fragrance.



    Starting a business is stressful.
    Excellent points on both .
    Thank you .

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    My issue with it, and with most niche houses where they make the scents themselves, is that I would imagine it is very difficult to become a skilled perfumer as even those with years of formal training struggle to master the craft. Being passionate and dabbling with raw materials in your basement is nice and all, but is no substitute for years of professional education, an apprenticeship and hours spent in the lab. It takes a certain amount of arrogance to decide that you can do better, or contribute something of value, without first learning the basics and paying your professional dues. Eg with Peter, I enjoy some of his videos and he seems like a nice and sincere guy, but he freely admits to not being well-versed in the classics or in the history of perfume. It’s pretty mind blowing to me that he nonetheless feels able to put his name on, and presumably pour a lot of cash into, his own perfume range. Maybe I’m just too cautious, but I’d want to spend serious time learning about these things beforehand. Of course, maybe he is just a natural artist and/or virtuoso chemist and/or idiot savant perfumista and the scents are great anyway.
    He will have samples available .
    He also wants you to sample first, for one will be costly because of the material.
    Excellent comment.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I feel like if he came up with anything good he wouldn't have spent his whole video talking about how much stress (lol) and time he put into making the bottle, and would have talked about the perfume. It's going to be another case of lack luster.
    He's keeping it under wraps, but he did provided some insight.
    He did mention about purchasing a type of oud from Ensar , when he interviewed him in one of his videos..
    Not sure if it is going to be used.
    He also had some tinctures of grey& white ambergris in another video.
    Also I am not sure if that is going to be used.
    If they are, they will be in the top tiered perfume.
    I think with the bottle, he was trying to separate himself from recent events.
    That's my thoughts though.
    Thank you for you thoughts.
    Last edited by JBS1; 16th September 2019 at 02:35 AM. Reason: cnatspeeel

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Mr0z's Release Date
    11-16-2019


    Sample Sets will be available

    secure link provided to Oswald's webpage
    www.motifolfactif.com
    Last edited by JBS1; 8th October 2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: cnatspeeel

  18. #18
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    November 16th will be the release date for Oswald's/Mr0z's Perfume

    Lot's of great info regarding his 5 perfumes
    Samples will be available
    2ml/5 for $30.

    I myself will be getting a sample set.

  19. #19
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    November 16th will be the release date for Oswald's/Mr0z's Perfume

    Lot's of great info regarding his 5 perfumes
    Samples will be available
    2ml/5 for $30.

    I myself will be getting a sample set.
    As will I, if he ships internationally. He's a good guy with a good nose who just happens to have a YouTube channel.

  20. #20
    a quarter million, tops
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Peter loves oud, right? Gonna be a strong oud? I saw a video once of him at work, fixing stuff underwater. Lots of respect for him.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

  21. #21
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    As will I, if he ships internationally. He's a good guy with a good nose who just happens to have a YouTube channel.
    He states in the video that he will have Canada and the US covered, so I am assuming that he will.
    I'm excited for him and Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Peter loves oud, right? Gonna be a strong oud? I saw a video once of him at work, fixing stuff underwater. Lots of respect for him.
    Yup, Peter sure does.
    Samples will be available from him also.
    Peter's line will be three tiered.

    Soon as I get info from Peter , I'll upload.

  22. #22
    a quarter million, tops
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    He states in the video that he will have Canada and the US covered, so I am assuming that he will.
    I'm excited for him and Peter.

    Yup, Peter sure does.
    Samples will be available from him also.
    Peter's line will be three tiered.

    Soon as I get info from Peter , I'll upload.
    Three tiered, as in budgetary or layering? Not a fan of intentionally simplistic scents for layering. (Or self checkouts for that matter) If its stand alone scents Im gonna sample all three for sure. Sadly though, hes got bad memorys with clove so probably none of that. Id love a good something in the vein of Bonheur or something. He might bring an actual respectable fragrance out. Is he composing it himself? I once saw him savage Bottega Venetta something or another. It was funny.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

  23. #23

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Sounds interesting. I'll definitely check out their stuff if I can.
    Currently wearing: Unforgivable by Sean John

  24. #24

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Peter also has spent his own money on naturals and others aroma chemicals in the process of learning.
    Well, if that's the case...not trying to sound mean...but, I'm not interested in financing an amateur's learning process while there's already an entire world of unexplored options out there created by world class perfumers.
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo

  25. #25
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Three tiered, as in budgetary or layering? Not a fan of intentionally simplistic scents for layering. (Or self checkouts for that matter) If its stand alone scents Im gonna sample all three for sure. Sadly though, hes got bad memorys with clove so probably none of that. Id love a good something in the vein of Bonheur or something. He might bring an actual respectable fragrance out. Is he composing it himself? I once saw him savage Bottega Venetta something or another. It was funny.
    I'm sorry . I didn't use the correct words.
    Three perfumes at three different price points.
    One will be aroma chemicals.
    One will be mixed media,
    and the third will be naturals
    The naturals being the most expensive.

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'll definitely check out their stuff if I can.
    Oswald (Mr Oz of You Tube) will have samples available on November 16th.
    Here's his link. https://www.motifolfactif.com/

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    Well, if that's the case...not trying to sound mean...but, I'm not interested in financing an amateur's learning process while there's already an entire world of unexplored options out there created by world class perfumers.
    I understand your point , and it is well taken.
    Hopefully those who do get samples from either , or both , will report back.
    Again, thank you for your honest comment.

  28. #28
    Basenotes Junkie Hat and Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Why is this dude any different than let’s say Josh from Slumberhouse? Everyone flips out over every release he makes and he’s not a classically trained perfumer.
    You can't buy good taste.
    Currently wearing: Ambre Loup by Rania J

  29. #29
    Super Member SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    There are benefits and drawbacks to buying from "classically trained" vs. independents, though surely the quality from either can be very sketchy.

    While we all accept "trained" to be a hallmark of quality, the reality is that folks who graduate from the programs in France are trained to create from a fairly singular perspective. They definitely have more nose training -- molecule recognition -- than indie folks, and of course they have the same capacity for creativity, but they are also often hindered by an industry which is somewhat homogeneous in its approach to creation. Working from a brief -- even for a "niche" house's brief -- isn't the same unrestrained creativity that they could have if they put out work independently, which of course some of these folks do.

    Likewise, not having the same intensive understanding of molecules and how they scientifically work together can be a disadvantage for indies.

    Personally, I am very interested in "financing amateurs" -- but it's not as though I see it that way. I see it more as I am supporting creators who, in some cases (though sadly not all cases) create works that I feel are just as, if not more, legitimate or enjoyable than some of the highly-trained folks.

    With enough drive and personal study, both the "trained" and the independent perfumer can create stunning work. The hope here, obviously, is that Peter and Oz will do so.

  30. #30
    a quarter million, tops
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: You Tubers Peter/Fragranceview & Oswald/MrOz Brand Announcements. Videos Inside .

    Aromachem, mixed, natural. Now that seems fun. What about pricing, any clue?
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th April 2019, 11:34 PM
  2. LuckyScent Making Room SPRING SPECIALS (Up to 65% OFF) Videos Inside
    By JBS1 in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27th March 2019, 03:51 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd April 2018, 03:39 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th March 2018, 08:45 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th November 2009, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000