Code of Conduct

Default Brits, unusually warm still for September

Anyone else kinda willing it to turn proper autumnal and bring out the big 'uns!?
    Looking like it's going to stick near 20°c for at least another week. Muggy too.
    Unusually warm has thrown me a little.
    Last edited by Ifti; 16th September 2019 at 09:59 AM.

Default Re: Brits, unusually warm still for September

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Anyone else kinda willing it to turn proper autumnal and bring out the big guns!?
    Looking like it's going to stick near 20°c for at least another week. Muggy too.
    Unusually warm has thrown me a little.
    Up north, it's not been a warm summer, so I'm happy with 15-17C for another week or so.
    I brought out the early autumn rotation, and I'm not putting it away. But still wearing Etro Palais Jamais and Guerlain Vetiver.
    Good time to test how cooler weather frags fare when it's warm. Yatagan works well, so does Fahrenheit, and other leathers. Encre Noire is wearable too - it has a weightless darkness,
    October rotation : Knize Ten, Gomma, Yatagan, Gucci Guilty Absolute, Tuscany, Elixir, Avignon.
    October samples : finishing Hermes Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver, Lalique Encre Noire a l'Extreme. Sampling TF Ombre Leather, ELdO Je Suis un Homme, Eloge du Traitre, Odin 07 Tanoke.

When I think of those East End lights
    Muggy nights
    The curtains drawn in the little room downstairs.....
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: Ferrari Uomo by Ferrari

Blog Entries

lt's not that unusual for it to still be warm in September. Keep it going for as long as possible, l say. There'll be plenty of time for the "big guns" when we're all freezing our bits off.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Cashmere Musk by Ava Luxe

Indeed, but then it means I can use Mousse Illuminee for a bit longer now

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    When I think of those East End lights
    Muggy nights
    The curtains drawn in the little room downstairs.....
    Until I read the lyrics just now, I never realized that song was about someone running away from a potential marriage. I always thought it was about a failed suicide. Which, now that I think of it, some people might consider to be the same subject.

I only wish it was 20 celsius here in Kentucky. It's 34 celsius today and going to average around 30 for the next two weeks. I'm sick of the hot weather and warm weather fragrances. Can't wait for Fall/Winter to get back to the fragrances I really enjoy wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolubao View Post
    Indeed, but then it means I can use Mousse Illuminee for a bit longer now
    It's great in warm weather, but I have a feeling it will really shine in cooler weather as well.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

muggy but i aint no mug!

surprisingly warm & sunny
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Enjoy it while it lasts. I am a true boy of summer. That said, it will be in the nineties all week here, and I’m ready for a cool down.

Guys, here in Australia we have just finished many months of blistering cold and now slowly moving to warmer days. I am already missing the heavy hitters LOL
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Basenotes Junkie

Not quite yet. Too warm. But will probably spend some happy minutes changing my rotation for the new season at the weekend.

Haha some funny responses!!
    I get that - it is what is it - "acceptance". But I'm all skewiffed!
    For some reason tried to put on Paco this morning as it's become a "bottom shelf" frag - meh - then I thought Giorgio BH, Pour Lui...
    Ended up with Polo. You ever have one of those days - when nothing is forthcoming and you feel you've made a poor frag decision?!
    Lol I spoke too soon - haha such is the British weather - been raining all night.

Well I am definitely waiting to bring out the big 'uns! I haven't worn them much in the summer - just the occasional spritz at night or when we had the odd wet spell.

But I have been getting on quite well (and rather surprisingly) with Antaeus in the warmer months. Wore it today given that it's a tad cooler than it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Well I am definitely waiting to bring out the big 'uns! I haven't worn them much in the summer - just the occasional spritz at night or when we had the odd wet spell.

But I have been getting on quite well (and rather surprisingly) with Antaeus in the warmer months. Wore it today given that it's a tad cooler than it has been.
    Tidy! I don't have antaues , but similar Pour Lui. Agree it does have some pace in heat. I took it to KSA last year and it still hits a spot in warm weather.

Woop I think I've found my weather cant make up its mind frag - SOTD Vetiver Carven and old iteration - a little too dense a vetiver for real heat but working swell right now, works good with body heat rather than external heat. Chipper!