Code of Conduct

Default Van Cleef & Arpels Pour homme my opnion

IMG_20190915_143642.jpg
    Well I recently purchased VCA PH the 3rd formula , I recently owned the original version .. from what I smelled...it smells like the original formula , it's the very closet to it then the 2nd version all black box..I'm a Tsar and VC pH fan I like me both alot and also eau de Tsar ..I read alot of the reviews and alot guys says the opposite idk if thier confused and thought what they smelled what something else ..same Tsar de van cleef 1st and 3rd version both smelled very much alike very much so..I love em both, the only difference I can detect is definitely the oakmoss , both vtg fragranace has oakmoss as to the 3rd version both have treemoss and oakmoss that's prob what made it more close to the original..as for the 2nd version I believe treemoss wasn't in it just less Oakmoss and used something else , both are very strong with alchole and very synthetic, the dry down is very very classic , very old school ..smells like I need wear all black and gray with a leather jacket in the fall .. also vca pH reminds me of Santos Cartier which I also own vtg in brown glass and the current ribbed black bottle

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Van Cleef & Arpels Pour homme my opnion

Thanks for sharing your impressions.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

How close is VCA PH to vintage Trussardi Uomo?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    How close is VCA PH to vintage Trussardi Uomo?
    I don’t have a lot of experience with them, but I’ve worn both recently. They’re in the same ballpark in terms of tone, for lack of a better term, but they’re by no means doppelgängers. I get more leather out of the Trussardi, while there’s some dark floral thing lurking in VC&A PH. Both are powerful enough that I’d go easy on the trigger the first few times. I went overboard on the VC&A, so I need to take a lighter pass at it in the future.
    Currently wearing: Borsalino by Borsalino

imo very diff scents, both loud, VCA very loud but not the same by no means, trussardi uomo is soooo Italian, i love both and both are excellent scents, i always felt trussardi is an underrated scent

VCAPH is something right!
    I found after a few wears it's got a huge opening but settles down fairly close after about and hr or so.
    Huge hit of animalic and after the orchestra quits down the remainder is a quite distinguished masculine.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Thank you for posting the impressions-for some reason, do prefer this fragrance in its vintage version, but do also like it in any batch/release/iteration so far
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara