Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Do you buy empty bottles and boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Nope, and I don't know what to do with the empties I do have.
    Throw them away.

Keep empty bottles? Yes! but buy them? No....
    I even throw away the boxes of my back up bottles when they are too big. Will keep the fragrances away from light anyway.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I don't buy them but I need a cap for a bottle of Bright Neroli. If an empty bottle with the cap came up on ebay, I'd buy it for the cap.
    This was totally my thought. I love caps, and only own 1 bottle without one. As it is aventus, and the empties go for over 15 dollars I would not purchase one. If I could buy it for the cap for like 10 bucks or less I'd consider it. Otherwise I figure it is people selling fakes, or using it for a "parts car" if their sprayer/cap/box are missing or broken.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I don't buy them but I need a cap for a bottle of Bright Neroli. If an empty bottle with the cap came up on ebay, I'd buy it for the cap.
    I get them for the caps too. There are very few bottles that are presentable without them. I picked up a lot of three empty Varvatos bottles last summer for two of the caps (Artisan Blu and Dark Rebel Rider of which I had bought testers) and the third cap (Artisan Pure) that I knew I'd probably need at some point as well. They came with the boxes as well and I got the whole thing for under $20.

As it turned out, while waiting for this I received the bottle of Blu only to find that the spray head was defective. It pushed out the cologne but wouldn't atomize it. This added further value to the lot of empties.

Ironically, Varvatos bottles are among the few that are at least arguably presentable without the cap. The three empties will probably wind up in some decorative role down the road. Other bottles that I have bought for the cap have simply gotten tossed.

Basenotes Plus

I haven't but I admit if i find some of those vintage amouage bottles I'd love to grab one. I'd prefer them full or at least a partial but they're scarce enough that beggars cant be choosers
    Currently wearing: Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I don't buy anything like that but I do have a difficult time letting go of boxes- once I do I feel like I'm committing to owning the bottle until the end.
    Currently wearing: Sunshine Man by Amouage