Code of Conduct

Thread: YSL Libre EDP

Wink YSL Libre EDP

Greetings All,

I'm a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first post. I searched for this scent in the forums, but only l'homme came up. Let me know if I haven't posted in the correct place.

So... I received a sample of this scent; I haven't yet sprayed it as the notes are orange blossom, lavender, and white musks. The scent of orange blossom alone, ex., orange blossom water, tends to make me instantly headachy and nauseated. That said, I have faith in YSL for the most part...

Has anyone smelled this? How prominent is the orange blossom? I'm not much into florals, generally; I prefer "dirtier" notes, but I'll try most anything at least once - except heavy vanillas. I don't wish to smell like a cookie

Default Re: YSL Libre EDP

Quote Originally Posted by GreenChypreGoddess View Post
    Greetings All,

I'm a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first post. I searched for this scent in the forums, but only l'homme came up. Let me know if I haven't posted in the correct place.

So... I received a sample of this scent; I haven't yet sprayed it as the notes are orange blossom, lavender, and white musks. The scent of orange blossom alone, ex., orange blossom water, tends to make me instantly headachy and nauseated. That said, I have faith in YSL for the most part...

Has anyone smelled this? How prominent is the orange blossom? I'm not much into florals, generally; I prefer "dirtier" notes, but I'll try most anything at least once - except heavy vanillas. I don't wish to smell like a cookie

Welcome to basenotes, GreenChypreGoddess. Libre is a pretty new scent so you may be one of the first to sample it. I'm looking forward to seeing how you like it. (I, too, don't go for heavy vanillas and have no wish to smell like a cookie but I am amazed at how many people actually do.)
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

I tried it last week and found it to be rather nice. It has a highly feminine vibe, verging on what you would find in the late 80s / early 90s, albeit less screechy and softer. The concept is similar to 'Mon Guerlain', but with the orange flower taking it into a more floral territory. To my nose, it's more pleasant than comparable, newer female releases, such as the aforementioned Mon Guerlains, regular Gabrielle (not tested the Essence version yet), Joy, L'Interdit and Idole.

PS: I just noticed that Mon Guerlain has had 5(!) different versions and 3 limited edition bottles released in two years! Now that's what I call milking it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    Welcome to basenotes, GreenChypreGoddess. Libre is a pretty new scent so you may be one of the first to sample it. I'm looking forward to seeing how you like it. (I, too, don't go for heavy vanillas and have no wish to smell like a cookie but I am amazed at how many people actually do.)
    Not a lot of vanilla going on there at all in my opinion. It's much more about the white florals.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I actually wrote a review on this. The Basenotes entry is --> Here <--
    oh look, I have a signature

they are showing the tv ads for it with Dup Lupa(sp) as the face of the fragrance.
    DONNA

I just received a sample of Libre in the post and
    sprayed it on this evening around rwo hours ago.

I am mildly impressed
    The top notes are a surprising,fizzy, mandarin,
    almost reminiscent of a Vitamin C sachet drink and then the cassis eventually flattens
    the sparkle a little.
    When it settles down, it smells more attractive on my skin and slightly more feminine.
    I get a lavender bubble gum vibe with jasmine but it isn't that sweet. The whole feeling is of
    a cool, airy, genderless, mature scent.

Longevity and throw are impressive so far.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Personally never perceived any overwhelming orange blossom-at least not overdone nor allergy inducing, while also no excessive/heavy cookie style vanilla nor dirtiness in this one, covering most of the requirements mentioned.

Thus allowing for a likely safe choice albeit on the more unspectacular, but at least fairly inoffensive, versatile side.
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I finally sniffed this one. I like it, but not as my own fragrance. Sadly, my wife doesn't like it.

I think the objective of a femme lavender was achieved. Good fragrance!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Galop d'Hermès by Hermès