Code of Conduct

Default Dior " MISS DIOR" 8 Oz Flacon in original box.

Hi people. I was directed to your site and I hope you can advise. Family relations are redecorating their mothers bedroom and discovered this plus another Dior perfume (see other question) stowed in her wardrobe. And I have been tasked to find its likely age, value and where is the best place to sell for her. As can be seen from the pictures It is an opened CD "Miss Dior" perfume in its original outer box. The box base reads 8 FL.OZ. Ref 8206. Made in France. The condition of the box an be seen from pictures, the base is a little grubby from standing and there a couple of small marks to the right of the large Dior name, otherwise it is in excellent condition and has the original batch number paper. From their mothers memory she thinks that they are possibly some 30 years old. Is there any way to verify or approximate the age? The crystal flacon is in good order and because the neck seal is missing I have to assume it has been opened. I lightly tried to remove the stopper but it was very firm and tight so I left it as is. As can be seen very little if any content has been removed and n weighing the whole package it weighs exactly the same as my other question on the "Diorissimo". Will the contents still be good and usable? My opinion is that as they have been stored in the wardrobe, in the dark and cool they should be ok. As can be seen by the box there appears to be no bleaching of the colours. What sort of value should I place on it and as she is not going to use, where is the best place to sell, then she can purchase something that will be of benefit to her.I have attached 61-1-DSCF7386.jpg2-2-DSCF7390.jpg7-4-DSCF7393.jpg6-5-DSCF7392.jpg3-7-DSCF7388.jpg6-5-DSCF7392.jpg5-6-DSCF7391.jpg pictures for your viewing.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Dior " MISS DIOR" 8 Oz Flacon in original box.

Quote Originally Posted by derekhay View Post
    Will the contents still be good and usable?
    No doubt.

What sort of value should I place on it
    It's a beauty. Breathtaking, really. With Miss Dior and Diorissimo, there's usually plenty to be had on eBay. The bottles aren't usually this big, but the same juice can be had fairly readily.

As a seller, I might not let them go for less than $200 each, maybe $250 or $300. There should be people in your immediate circle who value them at least that much.

Give Miss Dior a wearing, then you'll have an idea what it's worth.

Basenotes Plus

Isn't it a bit worrisome that there's no indication of the concentration anywhere on the box or bottle? (Eau de toilette, Eau de cologne, etc.)

I own that exact same bottle, and mine is a factice, a dummy meant for display only, filled with colored water. And mine has a glass stopper that is intentionally unremovable. I'll try to take a photo later today and post it. But it doesn't seem likely that they would have packed a factice in a fancy presentation box.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Isn't it a bit worrisome that there's no indication of the concentration anywhere on the box or bottle? (Eau de toilette, Eau de cologne, etc.)
    More curious than worrisome. The lack of label presumably indicates parfum. No two Miss Dior Parfums are quite the same, in my experience, although I like them all. It does seem to me that parfum in bigger sizes (we some some 50-ml sprays) is not as strong as Miss Dior Parfum in 7.5 ml vials.

Hi Cook .bot, thank you for your comments. I have Gone back over the years on CD and the bottles / boxes. It would appear that the parfums did not carry the word only the lower concentrations such as Eau de toilette etc were indicated on the box & bottle plus of course the product ref: 8206 indicates it is the perfume. Definitely not a display bottle. As with the other unopened box of "Diorissimo" it is the perfume.

Basenotes Plus

plus of course the product ref: 8206 indicates it is the perfume. Definitely not a display bottle. As with the other unopened box of "Diorissimo" it is the perfume.
    Well, that's good! I know a certain Grayspoole who would no doubt give a tooth to own that big bottle of Miss D.

Here's a photo of my factice bottle. Like yours the bottom is only marked with an embossed "CD". It's 5-1/2 inches tall (14cm). I presume the strings on the neck were intended to give the impression of baudruchage.

Factice.2_MissDior_8oz.JPG

Hi Bavard, thank you for your comments and answers. I had a quick look on Ebay and did not come to any conclusions as yet. Especially in the 8 fl oz bottle.Looking back at the Dior bottles, it might be that the larger bottles came with a tiny funnel, so that you would be able to top up your Amphora bottle or smaller bottle that you carried in a purse or bag.
    Yes I will try the Dior method to remove the stopper as it would appear that this bottle has been opened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Well, that's good! I know a certain Grayspoole who would no doubt give a tooth to own that big bottle of Miss D.

Here's a photo of my factice bottle. Like yours the bottom is only marked with an embossed "CD". It's 5-1/2 inches tall (14cm). I presume the strings on the neck were intended to give the impression of baudruchage.

Factice.2_MissDior_8oz.JPG
    Yes, same bottle, it would appear that maybe the strings on the neck were to give the pull to remove the the white seal & cellophane that secured the stopper!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    More curious than worrisome. The lack of label presumably indicates parfum. No two Miss Dior Parfums are quite the same, in my experience, although I like them all. It does seem to me that parfum in bigger sizes (we some some 50-ml sprays) is not as strong as Miss Dior Parfum in 7.5 ml vials.
    Agree, the lack of concentration (Eau de toilette etc) would indicate it is the parfum.

Thank you for your comments cook.bot, I got concerned with your comments on maybe this was a factice, particularly as I could not remove the crystal stopper and even more so could not even see the outline of a stopper through the glass neck. So this evening I had a further try following Dior's advice of running the neck and stopper under warm water, making sure to protect the label, after many attempts it still would not remove, so i applied a wet but much warmer towel around the neck and stopper, still tight but after 10 or so minutes and my strong wrist the stopper came out. I was met with a wonderful fragrance, so I put a dab on each wrist, 4 hours later the same fragrance is still there. So will see if it stays all night. The base of my flacon is marked with: "CD. Bottle made in France. 8 fl oz and a symbol that appears to be 2 L's One up the right way and the other upside down. It seemed strange that they would make a factise without marking it in some way & even stranger that it was in the retail box and had the control / batch number. I am so pleased that I got it open and would like to thank those who gave me advice. Apparently the strings on the neck were to make sure the crystal stopper did not come out in transit!Cannot believe this aroma, as I am on my own I have to keep looking to see if a Lady has entered the room. Shudder to think what an 8 oz flacon would cost today, that's 235 ml!