Code of Conduct

Default Premiere Avenue Ongoing Negative Experience

Has anyone ever had any communications issues with Premiere Avenue?
    I've placed my first order ever with them a little over two weeks ago. I received an order confirmation from them right away but after that there was no further updates and my order profile listed the status of my order as "Payment Accepted". After a few days of no change to my order status I reached out to them via their live chat feature on their website and they provided me with a tracking number, which showed my package was only one day away! Needless to say I was impressed with the shipping time (approx. $35 from France to the US).

Here is where the real problems start, Premiere Avenue sent the wrong item.
    I reached out to them again via their live chat outlining the problem and they provided an email address to correspond with. The email address in question was the general info/inquiry address (info@shopping-premiereavenue.com). I sent an email explaining the issue and provided pictures of the fragrance I received along with a picture of my order confirmation showing the fragrance I was supposed to receive.

No response.

Taking into consideration the time difference, I followed up on that email the following day earlier in the morning.

No response.

I waited three days before following up again. I followed up again and wrote that this was my third attempt at contacting them with no response and this situation was getting frustrating.

They responded a short while later with the following message, "I'm waiting for the answer from the shipping team" (followed with regards and a name). I responded thanking them for the update.

I waited two more days and never heard anything else, and so once more I asked them for an update.

No response.

Today I wrote them an email asking for a more direct email address to correspond with since no one is responding to my emails.

Overall this situation has been been quite negative for me, this was my first time ordering and will most likely be my last unless they can salvage the situation in a satisfactory way. I would rather not have to dispute the charge with my CC as I would like to still somehow get the fragrance I ordered which is hard-to-find and not available in the states.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Premiere Avenue? Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

I will provide updates as the happen.

UPDATE:
    The situation has been resolved, see post #11 for details.
    Last edited by Fragrant Vagrant; 7th October 2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Premiere Avenue Ongoing Negative Experience

Sorry to hear of your troubles. What I can tell you going forward is that you should use this email address to contact them: info@eurl3.com and not info@shopping-premiereavenue.com
    They respond quicker to that one. I personally have not had any problem with them and have been dealing with them for years, but aware that others have in the past.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks for the info Hednic!

Sounds awfully frustrating. Sorry you're having trouble. I hope hednic's address is helpful to you.

Since the item is so hard to find, it would be interesting to know if they do, in fact, have it in stock.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

UPDATE:
    I sent an email to the info@eurl3.com address Thursday evening (early Friday morning France time) explaining the issue and I also forwarded the (mostly one-sided) correspondence I had been having with the other email address up until then.

Still waiting on a response.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it's the weekend, if don't hear anything tomorrow, I'll write one last email informing them that it will be my final attempt. After that I will dispute the charge.

As of now, my experience with Premiere Avenue has been abysmal, I am still leaving a small window of redemption for them before I write them off as a "Never Purchase From" retailer.

@RedRaider430 In terms of the actual fragrance, I had ordered Andy Tauer's discontinued Lonesome Rider and they erroneously sent me Lonestar Memories. The mistake itself is understandable, many make that mistake as the names are quite similar. It's the absolute lack of communication on their part to address the mistake that is so frustrating.
    I do hope the mistake was because someone confused the names and because they are actually out of stock on the Lonesome Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
    Still waiting on a response.
    Please keep us informed on this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

UPDATE:

I contacted them again today via their web chat and that brought about results much quicker.
    I once again explained to them the situation and they said they'll check with their shipping team, then they responded that their system shows that the package was delivered already. So I explained once more that the issue was that I've received the wrong item, not that I didn't receive anything at all.
    Finally the eureka moment happened and they apologized, they said they'll ship out the correct fragrance tomorrow morning, with free samples of my choosing (a service they offer with any standard order I believe), a 10% coupon for my next order, and a return label for the incorrect fragrance.

One small hiccup is that the return label is not correct, they sent me a domestic Colissimo label, not a USPS label for international delivery. So that is one more small headache to dispense with before I can close the book on this chapter.

Sorry to hear of your ongoing hiccups. No excuse for their blunder.

UPDATE:

I notified Premiere Avenue about the return shipping label issue two days ago and they responded that they will send me the correct label.
    Today they sent me an email notifying me that I can just keep the fragrance they sent me in error (in addition to the correct one which is hopefully inbound).
    I hope this is the close of the whole matter, and should no further issue arise I will consider myself satisfied with how the situation has been salvaged.

UPDATE:

I notified Premiere Avenue about the return shipping label issue two days ago and they responded that they will send me the correct label.
    Today they sent me an email notifying me that I can just keep the fragrance they sent me in error (in addition to the correct one which is hopefully inbound).
    I hope this is the close of the whole matter, and should no further issue arise I will consider myself satisfied with how the situation has been salvaged.
    That's very encouraging news.

UPDATE:

I received my package today and thankfully the right fragrance was sent this time, along with 13 or free samples.

I was disappointed by the initial error and even more disappointed (even a little angry) by the difficulty in trying to get someone from Premiere Avenue to address the situation (almost 2 weeks!). That being said, once they finally got around to taking care of the issue they really owned up to their mistake. They took action to salvage the situation by sending me the correct fragrance, a discount for a future purchase, allowing me to keep the initial fragrance they erroneously sent, and providing plenty of free samples.
    Overall they have redeemed themselves enough that I would order from them again, hopefully the next time will be a smooth transaction.

If anyone ever has an issue with an order I would recommend using the Live Chat feature on the Premiere Avenue website, as that is what brought about the quickest response for me. Keep in mind that the Live Chat operates according to Central European Time (GMT+2).

Thanks everyone for your help.

UPDATE:

I received my package today and thankfully the right fragrance was sent this time, along with 13 or free samples.

I was disappointed by the initial error and even more disappointed (even a little angry) by the difficulty in trying to get someone from Premiere Avenue to address the situation (almost 2 weeks!). That being said, once they finally got around to taking care of the issue they really owned up to their mistake. They took action to salvage the situation by sending me the correct fragrance, a discount for a future purchase, allowing me to keep the initial fragrance they erroneously sent, and providing plenty of free samples.
    Overall they have redeemed themselves enough that I would order from them again, hopefully the next time will be a smooth transaction.

If anyone ever has an issue with an order I would recommend using the Live Chat feature on the Premiere Avenue website, as that is what brought about the quickest response for me. Keep in mind that the Live Chat operates according to Central European Time (GMT+2).

Thanks everyone for your help.
    Glad to hear that in the end it was resolved to your satisfaction!