Code of Conduct

Default Al Haramain - Amber Oud (not gold)

Have you tried it? I think I really like it. Not the "gold" version, the Amber Oud that is inspired by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. In the USA it's just called Amber Oud, elsewhere it may be labeled Amber Oud, tobacco edition.

Now I don't own TF Tobacco Vanille but I have sampled it twice and this Al Haramain smells more, uh, potent. It may be lacking some of the opening but the scent is very pleasing and strong. I got compliments today even into the 9th hour when I couldn't even notice it.

Amber Oud.jpg
    Currently wearing: Honey Aoud by Montale

Default Re: Al Haramain - Amber Oud (not gold)

There's a lot of confusion because this same bottle and name was apparently used for two different kinds of juice, one being a Tobacco Vanille clone and the other being an Interlude Man clone.

Once they introduced the explicitly branded "Tobacco" edition, this bottle became all Interlude Man-y from there on out.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    There's a lot of confusion because this same bottle and name was apparently used for two different kinds of juice, one being a Tobacco Vanille clone and the other being an Interlude Man clone.

Once they introduced the explicitly branded "Tobacco" edition, this bottle became all Interlude Man-y from there on out.

In the USA, at least from where I purchased, this is most definitely the TF clone. It's really very good and an amazing presentation to boot. As I understand it, other than North America this same bottle would be an Interlude clone yes and this scent would be labelled Tobacco edition. So it is confusing yes.

[

I like it so much I bought 3 bottles of the Amber Oud and one of the gold edition.

The gold is a killer too. Erba Pura clone. 4 sprays were too much. Wife said it was still going strong on my neck after 16 hours

I almost blind bought this recently, but with the confusion about the labeling I passed because I wasn't sure I would get the Tom Ford clone or not.

Their Floral Sculpture is a very (VERY!) good version of Portrait of a Lady and can be found on eBay for $69.99. Highly recommended.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I almost blind bought this recently, but with the confusion about the labeling I passed because I wasn't sure I would get the Tom Ford clone or not.
    Yeah, I bought two more boxes and opened one of them and it was also the Tobacco Vanille smellalike. I don't want to open the 3rd one yet. Purchased from fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Their Floral Sculpture is a very (VERY!) good version of Portrait of a Lady and can be found on eBay for $69.99. Highly recommended.
    I'm going to check for that! Oh, it's now $95!

Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    I'm going to check for that! Oh, it's now $95!
    This seller has more than 10 available for $69.99:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Haramain-Po...YAAOSwufFdM0qG
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

This seller has more than 10 available for $69.99:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Haramain-Po...YAAOSwufFdM0qG
    Thanks!

So I just picked this up. I was skeptical from what I've read despite owning several Al Haramain fragrances (higher end attars and sprays), but all I can say is yes, this stuff is a legit TF/TV clone. It lacks a bit of the vanilla in the base (a good thing) and perhaps some of the syrupy dark fruits, but its overall effect is pretty much dead on. I have no idea why anyone would plop down that much more $$ for TF/TV when this can be had relatively cheap (we're talking under $40 for 2.0 with a coupon from Fragrancenet.) That being said, there's nothing cheap about it: the packaging and bottle (heavy!) are way beyond the price point in terms of value.

So I just picked this up. I was skeptical from what I've read despite owning several Al Haramain fragrances (higher end attars and sprays), but all I can say is yes, this stuff is a legit TF/TV clone. It lacks a bit of the vanilla in the base (a good thing) and perhaps some of the syrupy dark fruits, but its overall effect is pretty much dead on. I have no idea why anyone would plop down that much more $$ for TF/TV when this can be had relatively cheap (we're talking under $40 for 2.0 with a coupon from Fragrancenet.) That being said, there's nothing cheap about it: the packaging and bottle (heavy!) are way beyond the price point in terms of value.
    Does it have the same beefiness?
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Does it have the same beefiness?
    I don't think it has quite the richness of TF/TV, but longevity and projection seem to be pretty good so far. Overall, without smelling them side by side, it seems 90-95% there.

I just picked this up blind, and my first impressions are pretty positive. It's been years since I have smelled Tobacco Vanille, so I won't try to do a comparison between the two. The tobacco in Amber Oud is surprisingly pronounced, with the the vanilla being much more in the background and serving a supporting role. It was pretty warm here today, and this ended up being too heavy to really enjoy, so I'm looking forward to the temperatures dropping this weekend to give it another spin. I'm pretty happy with this so far, but need to wear it a few more times before I really get a handle on it.

The Bark is right about the packaging by the way, it is a very luxurious presentation. Large, heavy, and the box is actually hinged. Very nice.

Out of curiosity I picked up a decant of the Tobacco Vanille version of this scent (I have other bottles and decants in the TV style, so I didn't need a full bottle), and it's really quite nice. Calling it a clone does it a disservice; it goes its own way, even if there's a strong initial resemblance.

Compared to TV, Amber Oud is simpler (almost minimalist), not as sweet (the sweetness here is more honey than vanilla, and it isn't laid on thick and fades to a background hum) and it's a darker scent overall (to my nose, the central note here is a dark, simple oud; I don't get any tobacco). This is very wearable and appealing. Thumbs up.

I think if you're looking for an affordable TV alternative, your best bet is still MAC Velvet Teddy, but that's going to be more polarizing than Amber Oud because of its strong emphasis on a borderline skanky wild honey note.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Basenotes Plus

I purchased the Al Haramain Amber Oud a couple of weeks ago [ blind buy] first wear I found it too strong 2 sprays it settled down after about an hour to a wonderful scent. Will apply at least 30 minutes before heading out, can be overwhelmingly powerful when first sprayed.

PS: Tried to enter it in my wardrobe but did not see it in the directory, only one listed is the Amber Oud Gold Edition
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain