Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Heritage pour homme or Habit Rogue?

I'm looking buy one of these two, I have smelled Habit rouge , I like it but I'm also heritage is the one to go, I have a line of Fragrance already looking to collect some more..I own both vintage and newer Zino Davidoff they say it has its similar scent but better , if it does I'm all for it I love Zino I think it's the best of what he got out ..I like the old school frags I'm 40 but that's what I like ..stuff paco rabanne, AZZARO pH, Kouros, Santos Cartier , VCA pH , tsar , etc etc I know u guys know what I mean, what u guys think , add it to my collection

Default Re: Heritage pour homme or Habit Rogue?

Why not both? Pretty easy to get them both at very reasonable prices?

Yea true but habit was good , but I wouldn't add it to my collection, idk maybe I should try it again..but at that moment I didn't want it, she didn't had heritage for a tester so I couldn't smell it

If you say that you wouldn't add Habit Rouge to your collection, then why are you asking if you should get it?

Freed from BN Institution

My preference would be Heritage over Habit Rouge. I enjoy the barbershop feel coming from Heritage.

Be sure to try Vetiver and Derby in vintage formulations.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Tihota by Indult

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    If you say that you wouldn't add Habit Rouge to your collection, then why are you asking if you should get it?
    I'm asking about heritage if it isn't as good as habit then I prob won't get niether, I'm still debating to even add habit, but if it's a better smell I rather get heritage.u understand

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    My preference would be Heritage over Habit Rouge. I enjoy the barbershop feel coming from Heritage.

I like barbarshop smell, habit don't have that ..that's why I'm debating to get , What's Derby like?

Heritage, no contest for me.

Habit to me was smelling good but not that good I wanted to buy it but I bought Tuscony Aramis instead ..so it didn't really impress me that much but only the fact it's an old school frag that I don't mind at all,.maybe I'll grow in to it. Idk..but I wanna what's heritage like , is almost like Zino Davidoff but better I'm all for it I rather buy that , I love Zino but I'm assuming Heritage has better longtivy and projects better .

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Heritage, no contest for me.
    That's what I'm saying , I'm the same way if it's two frag that I already know and have and I had to choose , so I am really leaning twds heritage side , I'm thinking it's away better smell amd worth the buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    I'm asking about heritage if it isn't as good as habit then I prob won't get niether, I'm still debating to even add habit, but if it's a better smell I rather get heritage.u understand
    You are finally the only one who can decide which one is good or not.
    ''If Heritage isn't as good as habit', you say?! Very subjective and for the one Habit is 'better' and for the other Heritage'.....trust your own nose on this please.
    For me personally, Guerlain Heritage (only in vintage edt or edp) is my favorite and even top 5 stuff for me.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

I prefer Heritage, but to me they are similar in the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    I prefer Heritage, but to me they are similar in the drydown.
    What??
    Both are very good fragrances but the same in the drydown? Not to my nose....
    Heritage has a patchouli-sandalwood drydown and lots of lavender while Habit Rouge has a vanilla-rose-leathery drydown.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    I like barbarshop smell, habit don't have that ..that's why I'm debating to get , What's Derby like?
    Derby has a leathery mossy feel to it, I found it to be rather aromatic once it reaches the oak moss filled dry down. Highly recommend sampling it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Tihota by Indult

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    vintage derby has been like 500 dollars lately. yikes.

OP, Heritage is awesome.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

I enjoy both, both are priced at affordable prices and they are both extremely versatile I wouldn’t want to be without either. One thing to be aware of is Heritage comes in two forms EDT and EDP so sample and decide. I like the EDT of Heritage and it’s favored by a lot of basenoters, EDP is more dense and good for cooler weather. The EDT of Heritage has more of a barbershop vibe to it which is very nice and smells excellent. As for Habit Rouge both the EDT, EDP, L’Eau are all nice I favor the EDT because I like how the citrus plays it’s role in the fragrance smells very nice I like the other two mentioned versions of Habit Rouge too and wear them. With Habit Rouge also sample the different variations to see which you prefer, there is other variations too Sport, Dress Code, L’Xtrait those three I haven’t tried.

Also do yourself a favor and check out Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee, Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP, Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum those three are also very nice fragrances I enjoy having them in my wardrobe!
    Current Top 10

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    What??
    Heritage has a patchouli-sandalwood drydown and lots of lavender while Habit Rouge has a vanilla-rose-leathery drydown.
    I didn't say they were the same in the drydown.
    I said that to me they were similar ( in the sense that both have typical Guerlain DNA with patchouli and vanilla )

I'll take Heritage over Habit Rouge any day.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    vintage derby has been like 500 dollars lately. yikes.

OP, Heritage is awesome.
    I'm seeing current versions of Habit Rouge for around $40, Heritage for around $70, and Derby for $250. Guerlain is helping keep the prices up for older versions of Derby.

As always, the correlation between price and quality is weak. I like Habit Rouge a little more than Derby, but the pricing could suggest Derby is six times better.

Heritage aka ‘tage is better

Habit is awful and smells like death.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Habit is awful and smells like death.

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I'd go with Heritage, but if you can get it - the EDP
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

As far as my tastes go, the EDT is the way to go with Heritage. The creamier EDP ain't bad, but I wouldn't own it; it's a bit stodgier and loses some of the pizzazz and dynamism that I enjoy in this scent. The airier structure of the EDT allows for more note separation and interplay.

Autumn Favorites

Both are excellent. However for versatility I'd go for Heritage. Habit is a real hard wear for me and reserved only for very fancy occasions where its extravagance wont cause lids to bat!
    Currently wearing: Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

Dependent

They are very different and I agree with Slayerized comments :
    " Heritage has a patchouli-sandalwood drydown and lots of lavender while Habit Rouge has a vanilla-rose-leathery drydown. "
    I own both and prefer by far Héritage because of its fantastic drydown that gets positive comments each time I wear it !
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Have them both! For fall/winter i personally wear the heritage edt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    What??
    That's what I detected leather and some roses, heritage seems too have sandalwood and patchulli I like noted like that very much

Basenotes Plus

I also agree they are completely different scents, so choosing between them is really choosing between apples and pears.
    I have and adore both fragrances, and looking at what you like I can't imagine you wouldn't like them also (I rate them both higher than the fragrances you mentioned in your opening post, which is saying something as the are excellent fragrances). As for Habit Rouge, it also took me a few wearings before it clicked but now it is one of my most beloved scents (I have the edt, edt (vtg), edp and l'eau) and would choose it above Heritage (which is a completely personal choice, I don't think one is better than the other objectively speaking).
    If you haven't I would urge you to try the vintage edt rendition of HB as that is maybe more to your taste than the current one. To my nose the difference between vintage and current HR edt is bigger than vintage and current Heritage (but reading here on the forums, I think some would probably disagree with me).

If you love Zino, you’ll dig Heritage. I’d absolutely choose heritage (get the edt). Can be had for $45-50.

I personally find them Zino & Heritage quite different, and I think you will too. Yes, they have lavender and patchouli/sandalwood bases in common, but the overall feel is different. I won’t go into a long breakdown, but if you read any of the old heritage/Zino threads, you’ll notice about half the people find them similar and half do not.

Regardless, there’s definitely room for owning both Zino & Heritage.

Edit: Wait, I see you guys talking about heritage & HR being similar? I thought he was asking about Zino/Heritage similarities?

Always be smelling

Vintage formulation:
    Heritage EDP>Heritage EDT> Derby > Habit Rouge EDC > Habit Rouge EDP > Habit Rouge EDT

Current formulation:
    They are all the same. Just stay away from Habit Rouge EDT
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Diva by Ungaro