Code of Conduct

Default Dating this Azzaro

In question is the silver rim (top of cap) and embossed logo - no batch code on bottle.

From what I gather - from raider of lost scent azzaro page ; silver rim (bottom of cap) , embossed logo is "since 2007".
    And from this thread which shows the same bottle: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/415...aro-Pour-Homme , MichelVaillant suggests this one was a little earlier than this "Caps with the silver band around the bottom of the cap came later than those with the band around the top."

So any azzaro enthusiasts can put a rough date on it?
    20181114_012330.jpg

Just interested!!
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Dating this Azzaro

Iím an APH enthusiast but no expert. Iíve always viewed bottles like yours as first run of production 2007, with sticker gone and replaced with embossing. Any earlier than 2007 has a silver sticker and no embossed logo on bottle. Silver band at the bottom of the cap was added perhaps late Ď07 or early Ď08. I just went back and looked at Raiders, and the first picture they show for 2007 is a bottle like yours with silver band only on top of cap.

Pic from Raiders:
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I’m an APH enthusiast but no expert. I’ve always viewed bottles like yours as first run of production 2007, with sticker gone and replaced with embossing. Any earlier than 2007 has a silver sticker and no embossed logo on bottle. Silver band at the bottom of the cap was added perhaps late ‘07 or early ‘08. I just went back and looked at Raiders, and the first picture they show for 2007 is a bottle like yours with silver band only on top of cap.

Pic from Raiders:
    Spot on.

Better than what’s on shelves now, but not nearly as good as what was on shelves through the early 90’s.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Thats the 3rd formula ,it's pretty close to the vintage bottles, what's on the shelf now is a bit different, I know a few years ago they started selling rechargable bottles, now I own 3rd and the Rechargable version..both very very similar, I can't tell the difference at all, 1st is really round , 2nd is complex, and 3rd is sharp...but all is Unmistakably Azzaro PH .now for some reason what's on Macy's shelves now , it smells more hate to say this but a little bit synthetic almost to say, Azzaro smelled nice natrual fresher , idk about the new stuff but all I can say it's true to the name , it's still Azzaro PH but in 2019, we never gonna smell the way it was , Oakmoss really made these classic fragrance it's name today if it wasn't for oakmoss the fragrance world wouldn't be the way it is today now we gotta deal with stuff that smells alike, I'm not saying they all smell the same I'm just saying this FRESH AQAUTIC scent that's all over the shelves has to end one day it's getting old , why am I also thinking the IFRA restricted oakmoss and other natraul extracts, alot colognes lasted along time now alot isn't , do they want us to keep spending money , I'm sorry but I fly thru bottles , back then my bottles didn't needed as much sprays it would last alot longer..

Cheers folks!
    I got it for the same price as a new 100ml so pretty chuffed. Got a few sprays out to get some air in and start it macerating. I have to say it's pretty potent straight from new first sprays, lasted all night and still there this morning.
    Initial observations that its nit as 'bright' as the latest ones , however all versions so far I've tried kick the proverbial in a serious way
    Salutations azzaro lovers!
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth