Code of Conduct

Default Glitch with registering

Quarry has a friend who is trying to register for the first time, to join Basenotes and she's getting an error. "The Emily mentioned above has attempted to join and post in this thread, but a glitch is hanging up her membership, F.Y.I."
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Glitch with registering

Grant has turned off new registrations temporarily to stop the spamming we've been hit with lately and try to restore lost posts. I'll post back here when he says registrations are back on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Grant has turned off new registrations temporarily to stop the spamming we've been hit with lately and try to restore lost posts. I'll post back here when he says registrations are back on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ah, thanks for the explanation. Don't want to lose new members.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Any word on this? I hope we aren't alienating potential new members for much longer.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

As of this morning, looks like new registrations should be back on next week. With sincere apologies to anyone we may have alienated, we must protect the members we already have. The site was going to be unusable the way things were going. Grant and the admins are working hard to stop the spam attacks and we all deeply appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    As of this morning, looks like new registrations should be back on next week. With sincere apologies to anyone we may have alienated, we must protect the members we already have. The site was going to be unusable the way things were going. Grant and the admins are working hard to stop the spam attacks and we all deeply appreciate your patience in the meantime!
    Do you know if membership has been reinstated yet? Thanks.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Hi, sorry to bug you. I have someone waiting to register that couldn't do it last week. Any word on whether registrations have been reinstated yet? Thanks.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Hi, sorry to bug you. I have someone waiting to register that couldn't do it last week. Any word on whether registrations have been reinstated yet? Thanks.
    I'm sorry, we haven't heard anything yet. As previously stated, one of us will post back here as soon as we do.