Code of Conduct

Default Some confusion over perfume regulations. Help?

Hi all, could someone help me out with the following questions?

I have tried asking different people but get different answers from time to time even when talking to people who are from the perfume industry. Can someone tear apart my understanding if it is wrong.

On the Safety Data Sheet
    Point 1: this is needed whenever you need to transport perfume via air or shipping.

Point 2: you only need one safety datasheet sheet for each perfume formula you have.

On the EU allergen report
    Point 3: Needed if you want to sell in Europe. Also, needed if you want to sell in Canada.

On the IFRA certification
    Point 4: Not actually needed anywhere. Just a good to have.

Overall
    Point 5: If you buy a concentrate from a perfumer (and not the formula), the onus is on the perfumer to provide you with necessary certifications (eg. IFRA certification, EU allergen report and safety data sheet). This is because you do not possess the formula.

Point 6: Even after securing the above 3 certifications, you still need to adhere to country specific requirements. For example, in the US, that will mean having to comply with FDA regulations: https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmet...nces-cosmetics

Thanks

Default Re: Some confusion over perfume regulations. Help?

These questions are too broad to start with, if you would like to market something for sale, go first to state laws on manufacturing. Some states will only allow you to relabel cosmetics and resell. If in your state you are able to even decant and put lids on, etc then ask the next question, which is about the ATF or the FDA depending on your alcohol, and there are links here for searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Thea in Fl View Post
    These questions are too broad to start with, if you would like to market something for sale, go first to state laws on manufacturing. Some states will only allow you to relabel cosmetics and resell. If in your state you are able to even decant and put lids on, etc then ask the next question, which is about the ATF or the FDA depending on your alcohol, and there are links here for searches.
    Yes that's right. Let me follow your steps then. Just trying to be on the safe side here. I wonder how people on marketplaces like etsy sell their stuff though. Pretty sure they don't have the requisite certifications.

Thanks.

On ebay/etsy it is easier to go with premade items to fill your shop, stuff you buy at say 30% of retail, running even a small ebay shop is time consuming and you have to be 'listing and packing focused' and making all your own products too will burn you out and you will give up. With that kind of store it is nice also to carry at least one type of layered cake soap slices, to draw traffic.