Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Forum - unable to post or post not showing on public page

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    https://images.app.goo.gl/BQppbiy9hgrxs1Hm8

And I am still exiled to (sob) the depths of Gehenna..

Was it..was it sompthin' I said?
    But at least your post count is rising. Wasn't it somewhere around 20,000 before you got poleaxed?

It's so weird that you're shown as banned but you can still post... ???

Banned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    But at least your post count is rising. Wasn't it somewhere around 20,000 before you got poleaxed?

It's so weird that you're shown as banned but you can still post... ???
    My post count was in the high 27k area. And yes, I can post and my post count is counting each post in threads that allow that. Sitting on my hands until Grant and the Mods, bless 'em, can restore a modicum of order to the universe. I bear bravely the unwarranted Scarlet "B" symbolically visible on my forehead..

And I do take umbrage (know it has affected the workings of my valve) at the foul deeds that black hearted hacker inflicted. As my literary hero, Ignatius J. Reilly, once paraphrased from the writings of Jonathan Swift:

""When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Oh, Fortuna, the lash is felt!
    Summer grasses
    All that remain
    Of warriors' dreams--Basho

Basenotes Plus

The "Have you binged lately" thread in the Lounge is sending new posts into limbo too.

It seems arbitrary; there are a couple new posts in the last two days, but others that show up in my activity feed don't appear in the thread.

Should we start a new thread in Tech forum just listing which threads are truncated? This current one looks like it's just about the vintage forum, which isn't the case and might mislead any Mods seeking info.

Banned

Blog Entries

Apparently the code that linked the two has been corrupted.
    Summer grasses
    All that remain

Basenotes Plus

The "Have you binged lately" thread in the Lounge is sending new posts into limbo too.
    Ditto the "Latest Movie" thread in the Lounge:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...PART-2/page160

Banned

Blog Entries

Well...my internet speed is back to dial-up range, most threads I open in Basenotes are not current, I am still banned, although that doesn't really mean much of anything anything. A good time for a sabbatical from Basenotes. Later in the year y'all.
    Summer grasses
    All that remain

Basenotes Plus

With PerfumedLady's permission, I'm reposting here a note she made yesterday in the SOTD thread. I thought it might be helpful since we've gotten little admin feedback in this thread about the lost posts and the truncated threads.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I think it's safe to say all of the BN team is also ready to have normal site function back. Unfortunately, Grant has to do most of the repair work himself, a ridiculous task. The mods can bust any additional spammers but that's about it; we're not able to fix the truncated threads or retrieve the lost posts. Everyone is doing their part diligently but the issues that require attention from Grant or admins will obviously take some time. Not enough swear words in the English language to express how I feel about those spam attacks.

Basenotes Plus

"Your Perfume Rotations 2019" is now dead in the water at 2 June 2019.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/460...20#post4728120

"Your Perfume Rotations 2019" is now dead in the water at 2 June 2019.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/460...20#post4728120
    Yup - I'd painstakingly listed around 25 samples that I intend to get through this month, and they've vanished into the ether....

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I can see your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenas View Post
    Back to school and a little discipline!

Have some samples I've been meaning to try, including a lovely gift from a friend in Germany.

So, for October, I'm going to try to sample them all and record my impressions. I've been pretty slack on the perfume front recently and miss it!

L'Attessa (Masque MIlano)

Nuit de Bakelite (Naomi Goodsir)

Salome (Papillon)

Chypre Mousse (Oriza L. Legrand)

L'Eau De Merzhin (Lebreton)

Romanza (Masque Milano)

Scandaleuse (Lebreton)

Dryad (Papillon)

Tobacco Rose (Papillon)

Mem (Bogue)

Kiki Voile de Parfum (Vero Profumo)

Root of all Goodness (Parterre)

Mito Voile de Parfum (Vero Profumo)

B683 (Marc-Antoine Barrois)

Squid (Zoologist)

Experimentum Crucis (ELDO)

Ma Nishtana (Prissana)

Sotto La Luna Gardenia (Tauer)

Au Coeur du Désert (Tauer)

Orange Flash (Tauer)

So, that's a month of sweet and innocent florals ahead, then. Can't wait to get into them (heaven help my workmates!)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I can see your post.
    I can't. The last post I see in that thread is from June 2nd.

How many total pages do you see there, Bavard? I see 5 pages. And are you using Tapatalk?

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I can't. The last post I see in that thread is from June 2nd.

How many total pages do you see there, Bavard? I see 5 pages. And are you using Tapatalk?
    I'm not using Tapatalk. I can see the whole rotations thread (I think) I've posted in it recently. I can see my post and Trilby's also. I view threads with 100 posts per page.

Basenotes Plus

I'm not using Tapatalk. I can see the whole rotations thread (I think) I've posted in it recently. I can see my post and Trilby's also. I view threads with 100 posts per page.
    The last post I can see in that thread right now (1 October, 11:20am EST) is by Trilby Lark, post #180, on 1 September. So it's moved a bit from June, but isn't yet current (at least not for me and Ebenas).

I'm viewing 30 threads per page, and there's now 6 pages in the thread. I'm on a PC with current versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Basenotes Plus

The last post I can see in that thread right now (1 October, 11:20am EST) is by Trilby Lark, post #180, on 1 September. So it's moved a bit from June, but isn't yet current (at least not for me and Ebenas).

I'm viewing 30 threads per page, and there's now 6 pages in the thread. I'm on a PC with current versions of Firefox and Chrome.
    I didn't even realize you could set the view to 100 posts per page. Whether that did it or not, I can also see all the messages in the Rotations thread.

Not sure about the Oakmoss in Vintage and Why Did You Join threads: in those, the number of the last message is not in sync with the "Results # to # of #" numbering at the top of the page, which is one of the indicators that the thread is corrupted.
    Currently wearing: Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    I didn't even realize you could set the view to 100 posts per page. Whether that did it or not, I can also see all the messages in the Rotations thread.
    Strange. When I switch to the "100 posts per thread" setting, I can see the missing posts in "Synchronized Fridays", "Perfume Rotations", "Have You Binged Lately", and "Latest Movie/DVD" threads. I made test posts in 3, and all 3 appeared.

But setting at 100 posts slows my navigation waaay down, especially in the graphics-heavy threads.

Basenotes Plus

Strange. When I switch to the "100 posts per thread" setting, I can see the missing posts in "Synchronized Fridays", "Perfume Rotations", "Have You Binged Lately", and "Latest Movie/DVD" threads. I made test posts in 3, and all 3 appeared.

But setting at 100 posts slows my navigation waaay down, especially in the graphics-heavy threads.
    Yeah, I've noticed the slowdown as well. So, what happens if you go back to 30 posts per page, but reset the display order to Newest First?

Basenotes Plus

So, what happens if you go back to 30 posts per page, but reset the display order to Newest First?
    Oooo, you so clevah. Let's try it!

Edit: Hoo boy, that was weird. With display order reset to Newest First, and 30 posts per page, three of the threads I tested started at completely different dates than either of the previous settings, and the dates seemed utterly random.

The third thread, "Your Perfume Rotations", refused to reset to Newest First no matter how many times I reloaded or jiggered it.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I think I'm getting a headache now.

Basenotes Plus

Oooo, you so clevah. Let's try it!
    I cheated a little and went to 40 ppp. But, after doing that and reversing the display order, the actual message count appears in sync with the displayed results count. And I saw your DVD test post. Not sure how much of this is Grant fixing things and how much is working around the bug with settings.

I'm too used to Oldest First, so I switched back, but I'm staying at 40 ppp.

Basenotes Plus

Follow up: after the reset to oldest first/40, the rotations page tells me there should be a page 5, but I can't access it; it loops me back to page 2 whenever I try. So, there are still problems under the hood. Alas, I don't know anything about how the site is structured or maintained, so it looks like Grant is still on his own with these issues.

Basenotes Plus

Follow up: after the reset to oldest first/40, the rotations page tells me there should be a page 5, but I can't access it; it loops me back to page 2 whenever I try.
    Same happened to me. I'm just going to take two aspirin and lie down until it's cocktail hour.

Basenotes Plus

I just noticed that the thread for "Mixerscent Attar and Deep Vintage Sample Pass" in the Vintage Forum has lost all its posts after 20 May 2019:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/442...=1#post4628260

If would be a real shame if this archive was lost, since this pass just celebrated its 2nd anniversary in August and has been all over the world.

Basenotes Plus

Another one: "What are you reading?" in the Lounge is dead at 27 April 2019, Post #1650.

Basenotes Plus

Freed from BN Institution

Sample Pass Rogue Perfumery still missing posts http://www.basenotes.net/threads/461...rfumery/page27
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Just Starting Out... stuck at post 1779.

Sample Pass: THE ZOO stuck at post 356
    Last edited by PStoller; 12th October 2019 at 10:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2