Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Vintage Forum - unable to post or post not showing on public page

I posted in the Vintage Perfume I Bought Today and it shows my post on my profile page, but it doesn’t appear in the thread - actually nothing later than around September 12th shows up on the public forum page even though I can see later posts on my page under subscribed threads.

The Vintage Scent of The Day is popping up as a closed thread so I am unable to post my Vintage SOTD.

I have been able to post a couple response on other threads without issue in the vintage forum though, so don’t know how many are affected.

Thanks!
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Amarige by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Forum - unable to post or post not showing on public page

For your second issue, the vintage SOTD thread had to be replaced due to its size. New thread is here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469...tage-SOTD-2019

Re: your first issue, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Then somehow, about 48 hours later, my post just showed up in the thread. So.... I dunno what the story is.

PS: Your recent post in the "bought today" thread about Lauren shows up in my profile's activity page too, so I guess it's somewhere in post limbo.

Basenotes Plus

OK, but in the process of closing one thread and opening another, everything between 9-10-19 and 9-25-19 appears to have been lost. Could the missing posts be rescued and appended to the start of the new thread (or restored to the old one)?

EDIT: I was referring to Vintage SOTD, but Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today appears to have been cut off at the same date. It's less than half the size of the SOTD thread, so I'm not sure why that would have been deemed necessary.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    OK, but in the process of closing one thread and opening another, everything between 9-10-19 and 9-25-19 appears to have been lost. Could the missing posts be rescued and appended to the start of the new thread (or restored to the old one)?
    I'm betting some noble Moderator could handle that.

Quick, somebody turn on the Bat Signal!

Basenotes Plus

It's happened again! Now the "What Are You Cooking?" thread in the Lounge has lost all its posts since 7th June 2019.

Do we need a "lost threads" topic in this forum, so the Mods can be alerted to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    For your second issue, the vintage SOTD thread had to be replaced due to its size. New thread is here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469...tage-SOTD-2019

Re: your first issue, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Then somehow, about 48 hours later, my post just showed up in the thread. So.... I dunno what the story is.

PS: Your recent post in the "bought today" thread about Lauren shows up in my profile's activity page too, so I guess it's somewhere in post limbo.

EDIT: I was referring to Vintage SOTD, but Vintage Fragrance I Bought Today appears to have been cut off at the same date. It's less than half the size of the SOTD thread, so I'm not sure why that would have been deemed necessary.
    Thank you Cook.bot - I successfully posted to the new Vintage SOTD. As PStoller said, the Fragrance I Bought Today Thread has been cutoff to posts prior to early September. Any idea where the new thread resides?
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Amarige by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Thank you Cook.bot - I successfully posted to the new Vintage SOTD. As PStoller said, the Fragrance I Bought Today Thread has been cutoff to posts prior to early September. Any idea where the new thread resides?
    I don't think there is a new one for "bought today". I'm sure the Mods will get it sorted out. Till then we'll just have to keep our purchases (and our cooking) to ourselves.

Basenotes Plus

The "most female compliments" sticky thread in Male Fragrance Discussion is likewise truncated. Perhaps the mods are setting about dividing all threads over 100 pages long.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Clicking friends replies in vintage forum on my feed and their posts do not populate in the actual thread. Frustrating.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

This bug has now bitten "Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VII" at a mere 58 pages. Something is apparently gnawing away at the entire system.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

This bug has now bitten "Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VII" at a mere 58 pages. Something is apparently gnawing away at the entire system.
    Yeah that's gonna about wrap it up for me and forum participation until it's fixed.

Basenotes Plus

Checking "Post a Picture of Your Scents - Edition VII," I found that there are 30 posts per page. There are a full 30 posts on p58. Lellabelle wrote a post that should have started p59 (or followed an earlier post that should have done so). But, p59 was never created, or at least isn't accessible to users. So, her post is invisible. Clicking the "View First Unread" button just reloads the page. This looks like how threads are getting locked and posts are getting lost.

The mods may already have figured all this out and more (like, why this is happening), but I'm posting it just in case it helps.

Always be smelling

Fine in Tapatalk.
    This happened once before
    A year or two ago.
    Just use Tapatalk.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Fine in Tapatalk.
    This happened once before
    A year or two ago.
    Just use Tapatalk.
    I read this as "fine in tapioca".

I'm definitely having a day.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post

I need to drink/smoke whatever you are
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post

It’s almost haiku.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    I need to drink/smoke whatever you are
    Definitely not tapioca. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    It’s almost haiku.
    High-ku

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    It's happened again! Now the "What Are You Cooking?" thread in the Lounge has lost all its posts since 7th June 2019.

Do we need a "lost threads" topic in this forum, so the Mods can be alerted to them?
    Could this be a consequence to the recent spam attacks?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Could this be a consequence to the recent spam attacks?
    The thought had crossed my mind. But, no point in jumping to conclusions, especially since none of us can do anything about it regardless of the cause.

Basenotes Plus

Have noticed all the problem threads are being fixed. Thanks, Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    I posted in the Vintage Perfume I Bought Today and it shows my post on my profile page, but it doesn’t appear in the thread - actually nothing later than around September 12th shows up on the public forum page even though I can see later posts on my page under subscribed threads.

The Vintage Scent of The Day is popping up as a closed thread so I am unable to post my Vintage SOTD.

I have been able to post a couple response on other threads without issue in the vintage forum though, so don’t know how many are affected.

Thanks!
    The same thing is affecting the Basenotes Plus Forum. Tried posting today and shows in profile but not on thread.
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    The same thing is affecting the Basenotes Plus Forum. Tried posting today and shows in profile but not on thread.
    Confirmed: Why did you join BN Plus? is stuck on p.7.

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

What Is Your Top Five As Of Right Now! stuck at p. 2

Oakmoss in vintage perfume including deep vintage stuck at p. 2

What Is Your Top Five As Of Right Now! "half stuck" at p.2—regular link won't go to p.3, but can get there by typing URL directly

Synchronized Fridays 2019 stuck at p. 45

Mods, please let me know if this is helpful or a pain in the ass.

Confirmed: Why did you join BN Plus? is stuck on p.7.
    You are quite right - we can't access these threads either through a browser, however they do seem to work on Tapatalk. The techies are already looking into this. Thanks for bearing with us.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Thanks for bearing with us.
    Of course: it's not as if it's your fault!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    You are quite right - we can't access these threads either through a browser, however they do seem to work on Tapatalk. The techies are already looking into this. Thanks for bearing with us.
    I like to think we've been living in the Twilight Zone and that all of this was in our imagination except it really isn't.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Last edited by PStoller; 28th September 2019 at 05:52 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

https://images.app.goo.gl/BQppbiy9hgrxs1Hm8

And I am still exiled to (sob) the depths of Gehenna..

Was it..was it sompthin' I said?
    Summer grasses
    All that remain
    Of warriors' dreams--Basho

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast