Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie Drjones152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Providence Rhode island
    Posts
    532

    Default VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    IMG_20190925_235402.jpg
    Today in the mail arrived the 1st formula of Van Cleef pour homme , as u can see from the picture, I own also the 3rd version of VCA pour homme, it smells very close the same , u can tell the difference, of course the first version is loaded with Oakmoss and Tsar vCA is alot loaded with Oakmoss in thier earlier version, now the 3rd version on both , smell very close , but u can tell the difference , 3rd version has less Oakmoss and has treemoss in its place with oakmoss.but still very close..u can't go wrong on either

  2. #2
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    41,376

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    I've only tried one of the formulations. I'm not quite sure what year this mini is from but I enjoyed it. Beautiful rose oakmoss leather combintation.
    VAN CLEEF & ARPELS POUR HOMME VINTAGE MINI.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie Drjones152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Providence Rhode island
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I've only tried one of the formulations. I'm not quite sure what year this mini is from but I enjoyed it. Beautiful rose oakmoss leather combintation.
    VAN CLEEF & ARPELS POUR HOMME VINTAGE MINI.jpg
    That's the first formula 7ml

  4. #4
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,810
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    The inbetween period of the 2000's before all moss was restricted in 2011 saw a lot of the oak/tree hybrid blend in older fragrances. For the most part, this resulted in sharper/more bitter moss representation, rather than the thicker/pastier/softer more diffuse treatment of pure oakmoss, although note that a lot of oakmoss bases in designers after the 1980's were boosted with synthetic evernyl atretate to make them boom, so the "mega-mossiness" you might be getting from the older VCAPH and Tsar could be from real oakmoss blended with "veramoss". Naturally, the treemoss stuff will probably be sharper and more top-heavy. That is the version I'm stocked up on personally, but like you said, 1st & 3rd are both good. I've never smelled 2nd personally, nor the early Eau de Toilette Concentrée version made around launch, which mostly came in a pour.
    oh look, I have a signature

  5. #5
    Basenotes Junkie Drjones152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Providence Rhode island
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    The inbetween period of the 2000's before all moss was restricted in 2011 saw a lot of the oak/tree hybrid blend in older fragrances. For the most part, this resulted in sharper/more bitter moss representation, rather than the thicker/pastier/softer more diffuse treatment of pure oakmoss, although note that a lot of oakmoss bases in designers after the 1980's were boosted with synthetic evernyl atretate to make them boom, so the "mega-mossiness" you might be getting from the older VCAPH and Tsar could be from real oakmoss blended with "veramoss". Naturally, the treemoss stuff will probably be sharper and more top-heavy. That is the version I'm stocked up on personally, but like you said, 1st & 3rd are both good. I've never smelled 2nd personally, nor the early Eau de Toilette Concentrée version made around launch, which mostly came in a pour.
    The first Ribbed bottle of Tsar was Tsar Cologne ..and I don't what happen after that the rest of the ribbed bottle was labeles Eau De Toilette, and I can't understand why when all they was doing was making it smell like Tsar COLOGNE..I did like it it's not bad at all and I really don't think it was a version they was going for with the Original Tsar , I might be wrong then shortly or even the same time frame cause I've been a tsar fan for longest since the early 90s I was buying alot of the ribbed and green bottle all the time , the ribbed bottle was more of stonger version alot more sharper then the 3rd version , even tho sharp , it was still very nice like the original.i just really wanna believe the ribbed bottle EDT was more meant to mimick the cologne version instead ...if u can get TSAR COLOGNE ...ILL GET IT , ITS RARE AND U WILL LIKE IT!

  6. #6
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,810
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    The first Ribbed bottle of Tsar was Tsar Cologne ..and I don't what happen after that the rest of the ribbed bottle was labeles Eau De Toilette, and I can't understand why when all they was doing was making it smell like Tsar COLOGNE..I did like it it's not bad at all and I really don't think it was a version they was going for with the Original Tsar , I might be wrong then shortly or even the same time frame cause I've been a tsar fan for longest since the early 90s I was buying alot of the ribbed and green bottle all the time , the ribbed bottle was more of stonger version alot more sharper then the 3rd version , even tho sharp , it was still very nice like the original.i just really wanna believe the ribbed bottle EDT was more meant to mimick the cologne version instead ...if u can get TSAR COLOGNE ...ILL GET IT , ITS RARE AND U WILL LIKE IT!
    Any thoughts on the Eau de Tsar flanker?
    oh look, I have a signature

  7. #7
    Basenotes Junkie Drjones152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Providence Rhode island
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Any thoughts on the Eau de Tsar flanker?
    I actually own it aswell, this definitely a unique smell..the first few minutes maybe challenging, but once it settles , it the citrus notes will really comes alive after it's just mellow tone notes the Oakmoss sandalwood veviter comes together nicely I like it , it smells nice during the summer , I wanna smell it thru the winter and see how it holds , it's not expensive like the other if u can afford a blind buy with this I think it worth the collection , I like wearing it aswell the citrus notes and Basenotes really is nice

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    296,173

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    IMG_20190925_235402.jpg
    Today in the mail arrived the 1st formula of Van Cleef pour homme , as u can see from the picture
    Congrats! Great stuff! Lucky to have it also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #9

    Default Re: VCA pour homme Vinatge.

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Fair amount of these to be found on the auction bay for those interested in trying 1st formula. Around $20
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th July 2019, 10:13 PM
  2. Jazz ysl vinatge or jazz prestige ysl vinatge or tsar de van cleef & arpels
    By Drjones152 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24th July 2019, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000