Code of Conduct

Default Just received my Aventus but...

All I can smell is Pineapple and after a few hours I can barely smell it.
    Now the popular question.
    Is my Aventus Legit ?

I have bought it from Nose Paris.
    20190928_220817.jpg20190928_220913.jpg20190928_220933.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Just received my Aventus but...

If you got it from there, legit. Enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Well it is a blind buy . All I can smell is pineapple.
    I cant even smell a single trace of any herbs, spices etc..

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by doush View Post
    Well it is a blind buy . All I can smell is pineapple.
    I cant even smell a single trace of any herbs, spices etc..
    That's Aventus. You might also get a green apple type note, and some kind of woody, musky feel. But after a while, I can't smell it at all. In moments, it's an interesting fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

That’s a super new batch let things sit a few months and the bottle will open up, wearing it a few times will also allow bottle to open up. There are batch variations but they all come around as the bottle gets used looks authentic enjoy!
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Basenotes Member

Hi! I just received my 100ml bottle today from Nose Paris too. My batch number is 19S11. The initial two sprays were not that promising. Not a lot of projection and a citrus - fresh opening. Let's see how it smells in a couple days though. In comparison, my 17S01 batch is much more intense smelling it from the sprayer and has a more pineapple intense opening, which I love.

Has your one gotten better?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    That’s a super new batch let things sit a few months and the bottle will open up, wearing it a few times will also allow bottle to open up. There are batch variations but they all come around as the bottle gets used looks authentic enjoy!
    Can't stress this enough. All my Creeds have been similar in behavior. I buy them and am disappointed with performance initially. After a good 10 - 12 wearings, they start really lasting all day- well into the evening.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    Can't stress this enough. All my Creeds have been similar in behavior. I buy them and am disappointed with performance initially. After a good 10 - 12 wearings, they start really lasting all day- well into the evening.
    Why do you think that is?

I've bought 3 Falcons and they all did this. It seemed not long lasting and weak at first just pineapple or apple and alcohol. In a while though they just change and are longer lasting with more notes coming through.also I thought it was gone the other day after 8 hours or so and got complimented. So it does hang around longer than ya realize. Give a new bottle at least month or so you will see a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a liter of 18b01 and I just opened it a couple months ago it was weak I did put a bit in a 10ml atomizer and I've been wearing that one lately it smells awesome now.

Not to worry. Give it time. Aventus is well known for "blossoming" in the bottle.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Not to worry. Give it time. Aventus is well known for "blossoming" in the bottle.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Welcome, now join the Aventus batch thread and join in the discussion.
    Currently wearing: Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

Quote Originally Posted by leo015 View Post
    Why do you think that is?
    I couldn't tell ya. All I know is that right now I'm wearing Himalaya. When I purchased it last year, I could only smell it on me for a few hours. Yesterday I sprayed it at 7:30 AM and kept getting wafts at 9:30 PM. It smells better (smoother) as well. Aventus, Royal Mayfair, and Silver Mountain Water have all had the same thing happen. Maybe they are pumping out the bottles so fast that they don't have time to Macerate. Maybe some air needs to be in the bottle for this to happen. I don't know, but it's 100% not a myth.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    I couldn't tell ya. All I know is that right now I'm wearing Himalaya. When I purchased it last year, I could only smell it on me for a few hours. Yesterday I sprayed it at 7:30 AM and kept getting wafts at 9:30 PM. It smells better (smoother) as well. Aventus, Royal Mayfair, and Silver Mountain Water have all had the same thing happen. Maybe they are pumping out the bottles so fast that they don't have time to Macerate. Maybe some air needs to be in the bottle for this to happen. I don't know, but it's 100% not a myth.
    It is actually quite common with a lot of other fragrances too. There should be a name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by leo015 View Post
    Hi! I just received my 100ml bottle today from Nose Paris too. My batch number is 19S11. The initial two sprays were not that promising. Not a lot of projection and a citrus - fresh opening. Let's see how it smells in a couple days though. In comparison, my 17S01 batch is much more intense smelling it from the sprayer and has a more pineapple intense opening, which I love.

Has your one gotten better?
    Today was my 3rd wearing and still the same. Just Pineapple juice. I cant notice any other notes in it. Maybe barely citrus .. But definitely not smoky or spicy at all. I am not saying that it is bad. It smells different as it is my first fragrance of this kind. All I can say say is this is not a complicated and complex smelling fragrance. The best way to describe it is as I said "Pinaapple Juice" .

That's because 2013 was the last year of the smokey batches, the ifra banned a bunch of ingredients including birch tar which gave aventus that smokey ashy smell, if you want smokey your best bet is vintage 2010-2013 batches, but like others said, it's a new bottle, give it a couple months & it'll open up, you'll get the woody notes, especially in cooler weather, aventus tends to change depending on the temperature, cold = woody notes & hot = fruity notes, try this, spray some on & open your freezer to let the cold air hit you, see if you notice a difference.
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

It is 32deg in this part of the world so that might be the reason. I ll try the freezer and see if it will really change. Thanks for the reply.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by doush View Post
    All I can smell is Pineapple and after a few hours I can barely smell it.
    Now the popular question.
    Is my Aventus Legit ?

I have bought it from Nose Paris.
    20190928_220817.jpg20190928_220913.jpg20190928_220933.jpg

Exactly my response upon my initial acquisition of this beautiful perfume! Man you will really enjoy it after a few wears and once it breathes a bit. I am just talking from my own experience. I hope you grow to love it anyway. Congrats!
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB

Not just the bottle and its outer aspect seem legit, but even the description of its performance.

In spite of being a decently lasting and projecting scent, Aventus is not necessarily a beast mode with nuclear nor overly heavy impression, while remaining way above/more than a skin scent, fading easier and faster into moderate performance than expected.