Code of Conduct

Default recommendations on good value fragrances from Dubai?

I will be in Dubai for the next couple of weeks and as the title says i'm looking for some good fragrances to sample.. until now i found Ajmal Amber Wood as a very good one (a bit pricey and linear but the smell is amazing and v good performance) - if u know any hidden gems shoot away
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

Default Re: recommendations on good value fragrances from Dubai?

Check out Rasasi's range. Also Arabian Oud and Haramain.

I have my eyes on a Rasasi store nearby, i wanna try the La Yuqawam but since i already own TF Ombre Leather maybe it's redundant? Any specific fragrances from those brands to try? The salesmans here are so pushy - and these brands have hundred of perfumes released
    Currently wearing: Supremacy Silver by Afnan

Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    I have my eyes on a Rasasi store nearby, i wanna try the La Yuqawam but since i already own TF Ombre Leather maybe it's redundant? Any specific fragrances from those brands to try? The salesmans here are so pushy - and these brands have hundred of perfumes released
    Try Rasasi's oud Boruzz range, the have a gold label and cap. Try Abdul Samad Qurayshi's Safari range. Arabian Oud, try Rosewood, Kalemat Black. Ask the SA's for testers and recommendations.

I think Ajmal has a slightly better quality overall than Rasasi.
    And much better than Armaf and Al Haramain.

I've tried many Ajmal scents. In their western "European" style range I would check out:

- Kuro: Sauvage style fragrance - has been preferred by almost everyone I've shown it to over Sauvage EDT. It's the European version of Luminescence (watch Nikhil's/Exotic Scents review about this), it's very fruity, though I don't get any Aventus vibe out of it. It's also much better than Sauvage Parfum in terms of smell and performance to my nose though it's a "synthetic" smelling fragrance!
    - Zeal: Probably smells even more like Sauvage but with nice woody Pine and Lavender and a juicy Orange on top. Very nice scent for the money!
    - Cento: Lavender Powerhouse - very impressive scent. Would pick that one instead of the headache inducing and scratchy MFK Masculin Pluirel any day!
    - Evoke for Him Silver: Parfums de Marly Pegasus style fragrance with more traditional hints of Fahrenheit EdT - has more burnt rubber nuances and a very nice musk in the base. I've sold one of my bottles to a fellow fragrance fanatic who liked it more than Pegasus. He also enjoys a lot of the men's classics from the 80s and 90s.
    - Silver Shade: Creed SMW clone, I don't like them either but you'll get much more value for money with the Ajmal and if you like a really powerful "designerish" SMW, that's the way to go.

As I've said, all of these fragrances (maybe except Evoke Silver) are more or less "synthetic" smelling but in a nice way!