Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 4th October, 2019

ComDiva

SotE - En Passant.

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, teadrop! and hello to fluffy!

I looked and looked -- I cannot locate any Freddie Malle scents. Lost decants happen...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: V / Visa by Robert Piguet

Basenotes Plus

Have a great day everyone.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20190913_175850_905.jpg

Sybaris by Antonio Puig (1988)
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: English Leather by Dana

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: O Pour Homme by Lancome

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, teardrop! What an arduous return journey for you-- I'll bet that made being home feel extra sweet though!

Whitefluffy, LOLOLOL! I am glad my hoarding collecting habits taught you such a valuable lesson. How was the lavender honey salad?

Hazel5, hopefully I don't sound creepy, but I do love a good hike, so I looked up your impressive sounding hike trail. Google images didn't disappoint! Looks absolutely stunning. Hope you had a great hike. Yesterday we went on a little 2 mile hike up around 800 ft in the Santa Monica mountains and were treated to panoramic views of the Pacific, Catalina Island, and LA from the Westside all the way to downtown LA. It was a bit steep, but always worth it.

In sync and triplets with Cook.bot and kewart in Le Parfum de Therese. ComDiva, I almost twinned with you in Carnal Flower, but the cool morning here seemed at odds with all that BWF beauty. Especially enjoying the violetty aspects of LPdT today.
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Thanks ClockworkAlice, tdem, Jon, Q, ComDiva, HoP & cestrum!

l must say one of the things that kept me sane during yesterday's long journey was the book l took with me to read on holiday: Thais of Athens by lvan Yefremov. Someone here on basenotes recommended it to me, but l can't remember who? Please identify yourself so l can thank you! What a fascinating read, full of historical detail & a wonderful central character based on a real person. lt's also very long, so thank goodness l didn't finish it before the day was over!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Morah by Pryn Parfum

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Teardrop. My sympathies for the travel wounds! Mr. Cat is doing well, always hungry though. I'm going to try to cook tonight for our supper tomorrow.

Gearing up for a trip to Kroger and in sync with En Passant.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli by Jalaine

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Thanks ClockworkAlice, tdem, Jon, Q, ComDiva, HoP & cestrum!

l must say one of the things that kept me sane during yesterday's long journey was the book l took with me to read on holiday: Thais of Athens by lvan Yefremov. Someone here on basenotes recommended it to me, but l can't remember who? Please identify yourself so l can thank you! What a fascinating read, full of historical detail & a wonderful central character based on a real person. lt's also very long, so thank goodness l didn't finish it before the day was over!
    That would be me...

I am so glad that you not only enjoyed it, but it kept you sane during your long arduous journey. I read and re-read that book many times over my life - first in my teens, than mid-twenties, then mid-thirties. Each time I pick up new details and new meanings. I definitely will continue to read it until the rest of my life.

Cestrum - Lavender honey dressing was amazing and went very well with creamy goat cheese, strawberries, pine nuts, and radishes . I am thinking there must be a fragrance with prominent lavender, honey, and strawberry notes...hmmm.

Well something silly happened to me today - we have casual Fridays policy but I came to work slightly overdressed as I am currently do not have jeans that fit me (hoping to rectify this situation this weekend). We have fitness walk on Fridays during lunch where we attempt to walk a mile or two with the other employees. Well, as soon as we started our walk, it started pouring down rain and our small group got soaked through. Luckily, I had my yoga attire with me at work, and my Friday became a very Extreme Casual Friday indeed. Still smelling good in Chanel L'EAU .

And hello to you too, HouseOfPhlegethon!

Carven Homme
    carvenhommepic.jpg

Welcome home teardrop, it always feels so good to be clean and comfortable again after a long trip. :-) And welcome back to Whitefluffy (love your name). I wore Musc Ravageur today, have transitioned to Bengale Rouge for the evening.

Freed from BN Institution

SOTE was Dior Fahrenheit
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Thanks Shycat & caz!

Whitefluffy, l can't thank you enough for the book recommendation! l am so glad you're back on basenotes just in time for me to thank you. l can see why you would re-read this one many times over, there are so many deep & meaningful observations in it that are still so very relevant today. lt's the kind of book that makes me stop & think while reading, & that's why l've read it so slowly, but that's the kind of book l like. And l'd never heard of Thais before, despite my habit of devouring books about Greece & the Greeks.
    lt's fascinating to read the story of Alexander from an intelligent woman's point of view. lt reminds me a little of The Firebrand by Marion Bradley, which tells the story of Troy through the eyes of the so-called "mad priestess" Cassandra. Have you read that one? By the same author, The Mists of Avalon is probably my all-time favourite book, telling the story of King Arthur from the point of view of Morgana, who is a much more sympathetic character than the one usually portrayed in Arthurian legend. l have read this one several times, as well.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Morah by Pryn Parfum

Teardrop

Again, I am so glad you enjoyed it! And I am so glad that someone went to trouble of translating it to English, and by the sound of it, did a good job of conveying the story as it should have been told. It is funny, I was just discussing this book with my coworker they other day who is from the similar parts of the world as I am and speaks the same language.

It appears we might have similar tastes in books. No, I have not read the books you mentioned, but they definitely sound like something I might enjoy. I do love stories based on historic events told from the human perspective. I am currently reading a sci fi book lent by my coworker (the abovementioned), but these are certainly on my to read list now!

SOTD - After exhausting but successful day of shopping, scented with soothing and pretty Aqua Allegoria Jasminora