Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello everyone!

Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Hello everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lilioka View Post
    I used to enjoy Sahara Noir a lot more until someone said it smelled like church. Now I can't help thinking I smell like a priest when I use it. I do have a thing for incense, I love it in L'Agent, I can smell it even in Grand Soir, though I think it's not officially in the notes (may be mistaken, too lazy to check now).

The Midnight Poison story is quite something. I had two MPs around 10 years ago, couldn't finish them, so I ended up giving away the last one (half full 100ml bottle ). This year I realized I had been missing it, started looking for it on eBay, but the prices were horrendous. So I found out it was discontinued. Several months later I'm already a proud owner of MP, but the best part of it is that during the MP hunt I discovered some fragrances I really really like (Belle D'Opium, Elle YSL, Perles de Lalique). Someone mentioned at some point that these fragrances were similar to MP.
    So it kinda makes me think that everything does happen for a reason. If I had my old MP, I would not have discovered these amazing fragrances.
    Well, I have Sahara Noir, regularly attend church, and have many incense type scents.....and SN is one of the least churchy of them all. Enjoy it, not many get to!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Well, I have Sahara Noir, regularly attend church, and have many incense type scents.....and SN is one of the least churchy of them all. Enjoy it, not many get to!
    I have only a decant, precious few mls.... Will definitely try to hunt down a bottle at some point.
    Which other not too churchish or gothic incense fragrances would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    You had me at Shalimar! Welcome to Basenotes!
    Thank you! Shalimar is my biggest discovery! Already have four (classic from 2000-something, Eau de Shalimar old formulation, Parfum Initial L'Eau and L'Eau Si Sensuelle), and have a few more on my must-have list (older Shalimars from 1980-90s, Shalimar Cologne 2015, Ode a la Vanille). Totally adore Shalimar base in all its forms.

I have only a decant, precious few mls.... Will definitely try to hunt down a bottle at some point.
    Which other not too churchish or gothic incense fragrances would you recommend?
    Amouage Interlude Man is my second favorite incense scent... very complex, layered and sophisticated. But it is polarizing. Some dislike it; I love it. Another two that are easy to enjoy are Comme de Garcon Kyoto and Zagorsk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Hello Lilioka! Welcome! I'm pretty new too!

Honestly we share some of the same fragrance loves. Your list made me smile
    YSL Elle has been on my wish list for smelling for quite some time. I bet its lovely. The notes look delicious.
    Midnight Poison – The 2nd “adult” perfume I had as a youngster long ago in college.. Gosh I loved that fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Amouage Interlude Man is my second favorite incense scent... very complex, layered and sophisticated. But it is polarizing. Some dislike it; I love it. Another two that are easy to enjoy are Comme de Garcon Kyoto and Zagorsk.
    Thank you for the suggestions! I never heard of the latter, will have to do some googling. Wore Sahara Noir today, enjoyed it a lot.
    What about Memoire Amouage? There's incense as well. I don't have even a decant, just tried once, it seemed really nice, though I'm not an Amouage fan.

Basenotes Junkie

Hello and welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Annagurl View Post
    Hello Lilioka! Welcome! I'm pretty new too!

Honestly we share some of the same fragrance loves. Your list made me smile
    YSL Elle has been on my wish list for smelling for quite some time. I bet its lovely. The notes look delicious.
    Midnight Poison – The 2nd “adult” perfume I had as a youngster long ago in college.. Gosh I loved that fragrance.
    Hi, thanks!
    Elle YSL does resemble Midnight Poison quite a bit. They were both created by the same "noses", Elle is a bit sweeter and lighter. If I didn't have Midnight Poison, I'm sure I would fall in love with Elle. Now I just perceive it kinda a daytime version of Midnight Poison. Elle Limited edition 2012 (the one with pink "hashtag", if I'm not mistaken) resembles Dior Addict 2 (?) limited edition (had it once, adored, can't find it ever since).
    Another Midnight Poison clone is a very budget Russian perfume created in 1980 - La Belle de Russie by Novaya Zarya https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...sie-14242.html
    I was shocked when I smelled it. The price is totally ridiculous, it went up a bit when people started talking about its resemblance to Midnight Poison, it can still be bought for something like 10 bucks I think. It does seem a bit simpler than Midnight Poison, but the resemblance is striking.
    Tbh I thought it was created as Midnight Poison copy, just found out it launched in 1980, feel ashamed of even thinking that. If you get a chance, definitely try it, you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by broguesforsir View Post
    Hello and welcome aboard
    Hello!
    Thank you

Thank you for the suggestions! I never heard of the latter, will have to do some googling. Wore Sahara Noir today, enjoyed it a lot.
    What about Memoire Amouage? There's incense as well. I don't have even a decant, just tried once, it seemed really nice, though I'm not an Amouage fan.
    I haven't sampled Memoire actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com