Code of Conduct

Default The hype is real!!!

I've been avoiding Aventus for years, I finally succumbed to it. In all my years of wearing fragrances I have never had something get more compliments in my life. Just cant believe it. Definitely happy with my purchase.

Default Re: The hype is real!!!

Basenotes Plus

Aventus never got me one compliment in the more than dozen times I've worn it. I wore a sample of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme that lasted only 3 wearings. Random women stopped me as I passed them and they 'had' to tell me how good I smelled and a few seemed like subtle romantic passes. Got more compliments from those 3 wearings than any fragrance in my collection except Nautica Voyage. IMO, if you don't want hype and want a fragrance that gets women to notice, it's YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. At least, for me, it was by far the winner. I don't own La Nuit de L'Homme, at least not at present, because it was just 'okay' in my opinion. I wear scents for myself, not for others.

Banned

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Smatt99 View Post
    I've been avoiding Aventus for years, I finally succumbed to it. In all my years of wearing fragrances I have never had something get more compliments in my life. Just cant believe it. Definitely happy with my purchase.
    I'm sure it's a good feeling. Enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I've definitely had multiple people compliment my Aventus in the past, but I've never had a ratio of compliments to wearings like I have with Canali Black Diamond. It's like some sort of scent crack, people can't get enough.

Happy to have this in my rotation. On to the next one lol

I only wear Aventus rarely but usually always receive compliments from colleagues when I wear it to work

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Put...

the candlestick

BACK.
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    IMO, if you don't want hype and want a fragrance that gets women to notice, it's YSL La Nuit de L'Homme.
    EDT or Le Parfum? Totally different fragrances, I'm told the Parfum version is better although I have not tried either as YSL is my least favorite house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smatt99 View Post
    Requisite Aventus geek question; which batch???

Aventus has never garnered huge compliments for me either, (although I have gotten them) that title is reserved for Fahrenheit Parfum.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Aventus never got me one compliment in the more than dozen times I've worn it. I wore a sample of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme that lasted only 3 wearings. Random women stopped me as I passed them and they 'had' to tell me how good I smelled and a few seemed like subtle romantic passes. Got more compliments from those 3 wearings than any fragrance in my collection except Nautica Voyage. IMO, if you don't want hype and want a fragrance that gets women to notice, it's YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. At least, for me, it was by far the winner. I don't own La Nuit de L'Homme, at least not at present, because it was just 'okay' in my opinion. I wear scents for myself, not for others.
    I think this is largely true for any big designer. Sauvage is easily the most complimented fragrance I've ever worn relative to time wearing it. This is the result of focus group after focus group, boiling perfume down t smething women will love. There's a place for that, for sure, and while Aventus does receive positive attention, it literally doesn't compete with the real designer heavyweights in that regard. So it's odd to see Aventus described that way. It's definitely got a slight 'old man cologne' to it - in the TdH way, albeit a bit less classical. It smells good, no doubt, but it's not a 'sexy' scent.

Personally can quite understand any positive feedback towards Aventus, always perceiving this one as a well made, well balanced fragrance even if there was not so much hype and such impressive sales figures around it

Just saw this sorry. Batch is A42119p01,
    Which I believe is 2019

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    EDT or Le Parfum? Totally different fragrances, I'm told the Parfum version is better although I have not tried either as YSL is my least favorite house.

- - - Updated - - -

Requisite Aventus geek question; which batch???

Aventus has never garnered huge compliments for me either, (although I have gotten them) that title is reserved for Fahrenheit Parfum.
    Just saw this batch code is A42119p01,which I believe is 2019

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    HAHAHA!!!!!

For the record, my most complimented fragrance is vintage Eau de Rochas Pour Homme.

I’ve found Aventus to be pretty hit-or-miss.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa