Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

just ordered samples of lumberjack cologne and lavarose , did anyone sample them?

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

These newer offerings do sound rather exciting. The Lumberjack Cologne sounds something I need to test. I have a slight smile on my face thinking about Monty Pythons rendition of the Lumberjack song "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK I sleep all night and work all day."

Anyway Ma Nishtana is really compelling today after a bout of cooler weather were I live. The incense, spices and smoky nature just hits the spot.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post

Anyway Ma Nishtana is really compelling today after a bout of cooler weather were I live. The incense, spices and smoky nature just hits the spot.
    Ma Nishtana is indeed an awesome incense fragrance. I can see why some might place it in their holy grail category. While I detect some Norlimbanol in it, it is far from excessive and nicely counterbalanced by the other notes.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Ma Nishtana is indeed an awesome incense fragrance. I can see why some might place it in their holy grail category. While I detect some Norlimbanol in it, it is far from excessive and nicely counterbalanced by the other notes.
    I agree totally not overbearing in any way. Just feel enveloped in spicy incense and so comforting to me when I wear it. I have really took to this and Mandrava from the house. It seems I need more time to enjoy Nesnas Qareen to make a fair assessment on it.

Just received order confirmation of my very first samples of Prissana. I went with:

Ma Nishtana
    Nesnas Qareen
    Le Cirque Bleu

I'm hoping this house treats me better than Hans Hendley's offerings.
    Don't stank.
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Just received order confirmation of my very first samples of Prissana. I went with:

Ma Nishtana
    Nesnas Qareen
    Le Cirque Bleu

I'm hoping this house treats me better than Hans Hendley's offerings.
    no mandarava?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    no mandarava?
    I thought i put that one in and by the time i received the order confirmation a day later i saw it was missing. it's alright, if these three samples deliver even 70% of the enjoyment i've had with Areej and Bortnikoff i'll go back for it.
    Don't stank.

I thought i put that one in and by the time i received the order confirmation a day later i saw it was missing. it's alright, if these three samples deliver even 70% of the enjoyment i've had with Areej and Bortnikoff i'll go back for it.
    they are coming out with 4 new fragrances in december , so you'll have a chance then.
    once I ordered samples from prissana and strangers on the same day and got them in the same package , turns out it's the same warehouse (he sent me extra samples for the extra 10$ I payed for shipping)

In my opinion you will really like these scents. Prin Lomros is another artisan that has compositions compelling to wear.

User of Toilet Water

Some info from Prin Lomros via Instagram (the first sentence refers to Morah)

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    Some info from Prin Lomros via Instagram (the first sentence refers to Morah)

Wow! this is great news. I always wanted to try Turkish Leather. Thanks Bangkok Hound.

Basenotes Plus

Prin is one of my favorite artisans. Great news. Turkish Leather and Apsarah and Scotch Peat are favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    In my opinion you will really like these scents. Prin Lomros is another artisan that has compositions compelling to wear.
    Just checked tracking again, supposed to be delivered today.

Don't stank.

I have samples of Ma Nishtana and Mandarava and I'm itching to try them but they came on the same day as my Ajeej Le Dore bottles. Hopefully I can get my nose on them starting Friday.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Antiquity By Areej le Dore
    2. Musk Cologne By Bortnikoff
    3. Pegwell Bay By Haeckels
    4. Sahraa Oud By Fragrance Du Bois

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have samples of Ma Nishtana and Mandarava and I'm itching to try them but they came on the same day as my Ajeej Le Dore bottles. Hopefully I can get my nose on them starting Friday.
    I admire your discipline, patience, and dedicated "discernment" to each fragrance. I'm much more ADHD than that.

I'll likely try all 4 in a 30 minute window using my textbook "Left wrist, Right wrist, Left bicep, Right bicep" test surfaces then drawing a bold, highly inaccurate conclusion immediately. This will be followed up with a more seasoned basenoter pointing out a nuance i didn't pay attention to and i'll either learn to love it or hate it lol.

Koh-i-Noor I was told I jumped the gun on, but even after aging I find it to be a "less spectacular" Diaghilev. Additionally Bortnikoffs entire latest collection simply fell flat for me (despite me thinking Oud Monarch and his Colognes were the best releases of 2019). On the other hand, words to revisit Baikal Gris and to hold on to "Antiquity" were well advised and I think will pay dividends.
    Don't stank.

Just checked tracking again, supposed to be delivered today.

Awesome! Happy Days. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I'm just testing out Ma Nishtana and it's really nice. I'm not really into incense fragrances but this is not cold churchy incense. It starts out the same with the Frankincense and Myrhh and then becomes warm, inviting, smoky, spicy with a slight sweet amberyness. It's not my style but I have to admit it's good, very good.

My Current Favorites

Mandarava is a beautiful exotic floral but it does cross my too feminine line in the sand. It has a big dose of tuberose which I don't get on with. This note is mixed in with champa and jasmine and I'm sure other notes. It smells like a deeply feminine rosey cherry like scent. It's captivating and bewitching but I just could not pull this one off or feel comfortable wearing it. Though on a lady this would be stunning.

My Current Favorites

Basenotes Plus

I enjoy Mandarava and ordered a full bottle that is due to arrive in a few days. Love that type of thing.

I wore Apsarah today which you would not like, a fantastic floral feast supposedly done with an old Thai method of extraction. One of the finest floral scents I've experienced but very "feminine" to many Western noses no doubt. There is wood, ylang ylang, many florals, sandalwood and oak moss. I don't think it has laudanum and is not a chypre, but it is really amazing to my nose and I treasure my bottle.

The other day I wore Aksum, which is goat hair animalics times 100, and that one is a (yet to be) acquired taste for me. I don't know if Nimitr is still available (I see not) but it is kind of in the Bogue Maai camp, to me, with many opposing notes including fruit and spice and aldehydes. It is really outstanding.

Haxan is a fantastic incense fougere, but quite recognizable as a classic fougere as opposed to Kouros, which is a love of mine but I haven't yet recognized the fougere bones in it. Haxan is a very classic fougere but so much more interesting, witch-y and Eastern-ish.

I am so excited about seeing where Prin is going. He has taken a lot of interesting turns. I think Prin has said he's going to do Turkish Leather for the new house, a version of it, and it is one of my all time favorite fragrances, I just love it and luckily bought a backup bottle when it was still available.

I expect that some of these "older" scents will be re-issued. Morah would be one of those with a big fan base. I enjoy it but I'm not a huge fan as it has civet coffee in it and I'm not a fan of scents with much coffee but it is beautiful.

Aranyaka is a love. It has a lot of cypress to it and is super concentrated but nothing like I would expect. It has lavender in it and could be considered by some fougere-ish but I don't see it that way (no more than I would see vintage Yatagan as a fougere.)

It has that soil tincture that one of the Amouage also uses (is it Bracken Man?) and it also has a lot of animalics, frankinsense, cloves nutmeg and leather, but like most of his work, you don't pick up on these notes that easily, at least I don't, as the whole is so much greater than the parts.

Everything was sold out now?
    Look at this tangle of thorns

Quote Originally Posted by sleuth View Post
    Everything was sold out now?
    I don’t think so. The home page says they are closed until the end of November for holidays, so I think they marked everything sold out to prevent people from placing orders. I would check again in early December, I bet they will be available again.

Basenotes Plus

I ordered my samples on the 8th and still don’t have them. They are in customs now.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Basenotes Plus

Mohragot sample. An interesting green spice. Very pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Wasn't aware samples of this fragrance were available

Basenotes Plus

It came with an order.

It came with an order.
    Good for you, I'm not expecting any free samples with my tiny order of two samples but I did get a lot of samples when I ordered two bottles

Basenotes Plus

A spicy green huh? I like the sound of that.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Basenotes Plus

Finally got my samples just now. Ma Nishtana’s cap broke off and half leaked out! But I put it back together and sprayed. Wow these are both outstanding after the first few minutes. Oh boy...

The thing I don’t like about so many people’s favorite incense fragrances is the almost nose searing sharpness. This is the most full and rounded incense forward composition I’ve smelled yet.

And Mandarava is gorgeous spicy white and yellow florals but it’s not feminine per se. Already excited by these two. The website says everything is sold out. I’m hoping that’s just because he’s away from the business until the end of November.

Edit: maybe Mandarava is a bit feminine. Still amazing and I’d think Bortnikoff lovers would like this. I like it better than Bortnikoff’s offerings.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

I think so. But look at all the new products to be available in December. I will be anxious to sample.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Finally got my samples just now. Ma Nishtana’s cap broke off and half leaked out! But I put it back together and sprayed. Wow these are both outstanding after the first few minutes. Oh boy...

The thing I don’t like about so many people’s favorite incense fragrances is the almost nose searing sharpness. This is the most full and rounded incense forward composition I’ve smelled yet.

And Mandarava is gorgeous spicy white and yellow florals but it’s not feminine per se. Already excited by these two. The website says everything is sold out. I’m hoping that’s just because he’s away from the business until the end of November.
    I've seen him do this several times. I would imagine they aren't sold out when he returns.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast