Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 174
o
  1. #121
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Official notes:
    deer musk accord, lime, fir balsam, black spruce, grass, cade, oakmoss, Indian vetiver, nargamotha, rose, sandalwood, jasmine absolute, costus, wormwood, labdanum, peat

    First impressions:
    Wow! I’m getting dark shades of green shot through with bright bursts of lime layered over a musky leathery base with some floral spicy nuances that add to the intrigue. I‘ve definitely smelled its ilk before but it wasn’t until a few wears later before I hit on the EUREKA! moment. Mriga reminds me most of Areej Le Dore Russian Musk attar with a more impressively durable lime. It’s one of the few sampling experience that made me chuckle and go “Oh ho ho ho yesss....! This is gonna be good...!” Can’t wait for my bottle to arrive.

    I haven’t got a good fix on its drydown with the limited applications available from the sample. Will post more thoughts with more wears. But if you enjoy sensual musk scents from ALD or Bortnikoff this is the one you should try.
    can't wait, very helpful, thank you!
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  2. #122

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    4,298

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Had an opportunity to sample Oliver from the Stranger's Parfumarie line.

    One of the nicest clean citrus scents out there.
    842006.jpg
    Last edited by thebeck; 7th February 2020 at 02:43 PM.

  3. #123
    Basenotes Plus

    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    37,493

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    OK so has he changed bottles? Because many of the photos I see in this thread do not match the bottles I see online in Google.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

    -- D. Elton Trueblood

  4. #124
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    13,076

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    OK so has he changed bottles? Because many of the photos I see in this thread do not match the bottles I see online in Google.
    Yes this past fall.

  5. #125
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    13,076

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Had an opportunity to sample Oliver from the Stranger's Parfumarie line.

    One of the nicest clean citrus scents out there.
    842006.jpg
    I totally agree. Oliver is very nice but Georghi is my personal favorite from the Strangers line so far.

  6. #126
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    I love Scotch Peat. I think it is my favorite of the line. Ember is very good also. And Cigar Rum.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  7. #127
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Was thoroughly impressed with Ma Nishtana today! One of the better incense fragrances I’ve tried!

  8. #128
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Was thoroughly impressed with Ma Nishtana today! One of the better incense fragrances I’ve tried!
    it is the best incense I have in my collection.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    I’ve been wearing the attar Narasimha for a few days, now... still don’t have a handle on it. I’ve heard people enjoy it more as they get used to it.
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

  10. #130
    Basenotes Plus
    Jcelello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I’ve been wearing the attar Narasimha for a few days, now... still don’t have a handle on it. I’ve heard people enjoy it more as they get used to it.
    I am really digging Thichila, which has been described by at least one person as a toned down Narasimha. It took me several wearings to really "get" Thichila, but now I love it.

  11. #131
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    it is the best incense I have in my collection.
    I might have to agree with you. I have a bunch, including Avignon, and while I’ve always really liked Avignon, there is always something I just thought should be better about it. Ma Nishtana accomplished that for me! If I smell the wafts, I get this amazing slight clove swirling with the temple like incense, and if I get down closer, I’m immersed in a perfect slightly smoky goodness! MAN IT’S GOOD

  12. #132
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I might have to agree with you. I have a bunch, including Avignon, and while I’ve always really liked Avignon, there is always something I just thought should be better about it. Ma Nishtana accomplished that for me! If I smell the wafts, I get this amazing slight clove swirling with the temple like incense, and if I get down closer, I’m immersed in a perfect slightly smoky goodness! MAN IT’S GOOD
    I have Avignon and to me it smells cheap compared to Ma Nishtana. Sadly it has ruined Avignon for me.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I am really digging Thichila, which has been described by at least one person as a toned down Narasimha. It took me several wearings to really "get" Thichila, but now I love it.
    I’ve seen the comparison, but Thichila is much more Aromatic than the attar which seems muddled now. But I’m wondering if it’ll just click one of these days.
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

  14. #134
    Basenotes Plus
    Jcelello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Official notes:
    deer musk accord, lime, fir balsam, black spruce, grass, cade, oakmoss, Indian vetiver, nargamotha, rose, sandalwood, jasmine absolute, costus, wormwood, labdanum, peat

    First impressions:
    Wow! I’m getting dark shades of green shot through with bright bursts of lime layered over a musky leathery base with some floral spicy nuances that add to the intrigue. I‘ve definitely smelled its ilk before but it wasn’t until a few wears later before I hit on the EUREKA! moment. Mriga reminds me most of Areej Le Dore Russian Musk attar with a more impressively durable lime. It’s one of the few sampling experience that made me chuckle and go “Oh ho ho ho yesss....! This is gonna be good...!” Can’t wait for my bottle to arrive.

    I haven’t got a good fix on its drydown with the limited applications available from the sample. Will post more thoughts with more wears. But if you enjoy sensual musk scents from ALD or Bortnikoff this is the one you should try.
    Any further thoughts on this one? I’m very intrigued. Considering a blind buy.

  15. #135
    Basenotes Plus
    Jcelello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Attachment 118786

    My package arrived just minutes ago!

    Seems a tad pricey for 30 ml but once you smell it, your wallet will climb out of your pocket and walk its way to the cash register. Lol. Well blended, not too complex /controversial which makes it easy to wear. IMO it stands shoulder-to-shoulder with my favourites from Areej Le Doré and Bortnikoff. Blindbuy-worthy in my books.
    Done! Now where do you sell a kidney on here?

  16. #136
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,618

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Mandarava

    Like it better on my wife as it's Nag Soapiness mixes better with Femine Musk. It's powder and mustiness is interestingly
    Old Lady Swish.

    ClaireV has provided us with her thoughts on it.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Blind bought both Mandodari and Mriga.
    I am dying to try them both out!
    YT: Jess AndWesH

  18. #138
    Basenotes Institution pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carmel, CA
    Posts
    10,217

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Official notes:
    deer musk accord, lime, fir balsam, black spruce, grass, cade, oakmoss, Indian vetiver, nargamotha, rose, sandalwood, jasmine absolute, costus, wormwood, labdanum, peat

    First impressions:
    Wow! I’m getting dark shades of green shot through with bright bursts of lime layered over a musky leathery base with some floral spicy nuances that add to the intrigue. I‘ve definitely smelled its ilk before but it wasn’t until a few wears later before I hit on the EUREKA! moment. Mriga reminds me most of Areej Le Dore Russian Musk attar with a more impressively durable lime. It’s one of the few sampling experience that made me chuckle and go “Oh ho ho ho yesss....! This is gonna be good...!” Can’t wait for my bottle to arrive.

    I haven’t got a good fix on its drydown with the limited applications available from the sample. Will post more thoughts with more wears. But if you enjoy sensual musk scents from ALD or Bortnikoff this is the one you should try.
    Thanks Diamondflame,

    How sweet is Mriga?

  19. #139
    Basenotes Institution pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carmel, CA
    Posts
    10,217

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    ...
    Bought it.


    So many deer around my property lately. It just feels right. Paid for Express shipping. Always interesting to watch the tracking coming from places like Thailand.
    Last edited by pluran; 15th February 2020 at 08:15 AM.

  20. #140
    Basenotes Institution pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carmel, CA
    Posts
    10,217

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    ........

  21. #141
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    ...
    Bought it.


    So many deer around my property lately. It just feels right. Paid for Express shipping. Always interesting to watch the tracking coming from places like Thailand.
    Let us know your thoughts too please!
    Currently wearing: Kintsugi by Masque

  22. #142
    Basenotes Institution pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carmel, CA
    Posts
    10,217

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion threadynthetic

    Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Let us know your thoughts too please!
    I'm just hoping it's good. ;-)
    Last edited by pluran; 16th February 2020 at 01:06 AM.

  23. #143
    Basenotes Plus
    Jcelello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Any thoughts on Anatolia? How it compares to Turkish Leather?

  24. #144
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Burning Ben is kind of growing on me as I’ve sampled it today. At first it came off as a dry, smoky, patchouli.....but initially seemed a bit basic, kinda like a hippie shop in the mall....but the later aspects are really nice and make it more dynamic. The slow simmering dark chocolate, yet still slightly incense touches make for some great wafts!

  25. #145
    Super Member Robin oud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    got my bottle of lumberjack cologne today and with it samples of lava rose and so fetch! (the Exclamation mark is part of the name , it's not me being dramatic)
    so fetch smells like a musky bubblegum , should be sexy on a lady.
    lumberjack cologne gives a manly vibe of citruses and petrol it's kind of a hybrid of eau sauvage and fahrenheit
    Currently wearing: O/E by Bogue Profumo

  26. #146

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Received my samples today.

    Mriga smells like Siberian Summer, but more limey and less floral. It’s more sour, and less sweet.

    Recommended.

    I’d buy it, but I have my Siberian Summer.

  27. #147
    Dependent oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmadna View Post
    Received my samples today.

    Mriga smells like Siberian Summer, but more limey and less floral. It’s more sour, and less sweet.

    Recommended.

    I’d buy it, but I have my Siberian Summer.
    Thanks for the feedback. It's significantly more expensive than Siberian Summer too.
    Currently wearing: Kintsugi by Masque

  28. #148

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Wore 4 sprays from the Mriga sample.

    Went inside the meeting room.

    The guy in front of me turned back and scrunched his nose.

    A typical reaction every time I put on strong musk perfume.

  29. #149
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,618

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmadna View Post
    Wore 4 sprays from the Mriga sample.

    Went inside the meeting room.

    The guy in front of me turned back and scrunched his nose.

    A typical reaction every time I put on strong musk perfume.
    I like your style!
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

  30. #150
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

    Anatolia

    Just sampled today, and I found it rather nice. Kind of a soft slightly cinnamon sweet fragrance. And it’s a different kind of leathery scent, as I find that part of it more fleeting and in the background. It’s also dry and airy to me, with patchouli being blended in nicely, which is my favorite part of this scent.

    Also received my FB of Ma Nishtana, so I’m thrilled about that!




Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SIXTEEN92 Discussion Thread
    By Juxtapozbliss in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 491
    Last Post: 26th March 2020, 02:07 AM
  2. Phoenicia Perfumes: Discussion Thread
    By deadidol in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 31st December 2019, 04:15 PM
  3. MadHat Scents - Discussion Thread.
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 14th November 2019, 07:00 AM
  4. Chanel No 19. Appreciation-Discussion Thread
    By happyscent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 8th June 2014, 03:27 PM
  5. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 29th May 2011, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000