Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Sound Scents

Default Re: Parfum Prissana discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Sampling Tom Yum today. WOW! This has one of the most arresting citrus + spice opening of any fragrance I’ve ever tried. Could do with more support from ACs to bolster its performance but I’m not complaining. I could spritz this on repeat mode all day lol.
    I received my bottle of Ma Nishtana today and this was one of the samples included with it. I agree with your entire post. Tom Yum has a stunning open indeed that had me in complete disbelief as to just how good this stuff smells, but sadly due to it being 100% natural lacks staying power. It won’t stop me from surely buying a bottle, but with some added synthetics to improve performance this could have gone from excellent to near-perfect.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    3) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    3) Giorgio V.I.P. Special Reserve (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie

5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6)
    Anat Fritz and its reissue, called Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Basenotes Plus

Can anyone make a comparison of Aran vs Aranyaka?
    Im curous how much actual difference there is between them.
    Currently wearing: Sova by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    It has a stunning open indeed that had me in complete disbelief as to just how good this stuff smells, but sadly due to it being 100% natural lacks staying power. It won’t stop me from surely buying a bottle, but with some added synthetics to improve performance this could have gone from excellent to near-perfect.
    I agree with this, though the potency is not very bad unlike some Fort and Manle fragrances.
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Member

Ive been super slow in getting into this brand..... has anyone tried Narasimha, and if so, impressions? I had thought it was sold out, but is still available on Prim's website
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Quote Originally Posted by SOB111 View Post
    Ive been super slow in getting into this brand..... has anyone tried Narasimha, and if so, impressions? I had thought it was sold out, but is still available on Prim's website
    I’ve got Narahimsa and it’s interesting. The notes all kind of melt into each other. The dry down is a little more synthetic than you’d expect but it’s still nice. Not my favorite attar that I own but it is a nice Oud/leather/incense mix. I don’t perceive a lot of the florals.
    Currently wearing: Hyde by Hiram Green

I had a feeling Tom Yum would be a poor performer. Prin's new releases were added and then shortly after pulled from Fragrantica so I'm not sure when I'll give him another shot. I do need that longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by CordonBeige View Post
    I had a feeling Tom Yum would be a poor performer. Prin's new releases were added and then shortly after pulled from Fragrantica so I'm not sure when I'll give him another shot. I do need that longevity.
    I’m pretty sure his new releases are up at Fragrantica.

I see they've moved the listings from Pryn to Prin. Mandodari may be the one then if it's an updated Morah. I still have a Pryn discovery set. I gave Scentbar NYC a call and they have them all. I'll finally pay them a visit then.

I own a few from Prin (from Strangers, Burning Ben and SM Cafe, and Mandarava from Parfum Prissana).

Today, I sampled Anatolia, Ma Nishtana, and Mandodari.

Upon first smell Mandodari was my favorite, but reminded me too much of other stuff I own to warrant a bottle --- but a few minutes into the fragrance and it took a different turn and became different enough to justify. This will definitely be my next full bottle purchase.

Also really enjoyed Ma Nishtana, but it is getting drowned out by the two scents around it on my arm. For those of you who own this: how is the projection and longevity?

Anatolia is interesting and I can't quite figure out my thoughts on it. I like it, but I own other dried fruit heavy fragrances that fill that niche for me. But then again, I am lacking in leathers as many don't work on my skin. Not quite sure if bottle worthy or not, though it is enjoyable. Will have to test this one again solo, perhaps. If anyone here has it, do you get a lot of wear out of it?
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Basenotes Plus

Longevity and projection are pretty much perfect for me on Ma Nishtana.

Great to know, thanks! Will try it solo then and likely spring for a bottle.
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Boozy notes
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances

Guys, apart from Mriga, what other musky fragrance from Prin/Prisanna/Strangers Perfumery that are worth trying?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 Faubourg View Post
    Also really enjoyed Ma Nishtana, but it is getting drowned out by the two scents around it on my arm. For those of you who own this: how is the projection and longevity?
    Longevity is about 10 hours for me, which is very good for my skin. Projection is not massive but the scent is always noticeable throughout. It is a fantastic fragrance overall, highly recommended.
    Currently wearing: Sayat Nova by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Longevity is about 10 hours for me, which is very good for my skin. Projection is not massive but the scent is always noticeable throughout. It is a fantastic fragrance overall, highly recommended.
    10 hours is great for my skin too and this is exactly what I look for. I don't always need a powerhouse (for nights out, maybe, but not the rest of the time) but I do want it to be noticeable to me throughout the day.
    Favorite Houses:
    Hermès
    Rogue Perfumery
    Zoologist
    Amouage
    Frederic Malle
    Serge Lutens

Loves:
    Boozy notes
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    +1 Great performer but not that versatile as a regular player. Still a keeper if price is not an issue.

Wearing Aran today. Really like 99% of the fragrance but there's a brief moment where it feels discordant in the same way as narahimsa is on my skin. Curious to know how it compares the long gone but more heavily natural version, Aranyaka. I like Prin's work a lot, all though some of the synthetics he picks are tough on me.

Edit: I should also mention that I got my lady a bottle of Green Salted Mango and it just smells incredible on her. She wears it all the time now that it's getting hot and WOW he really made a magic scent that's only $70.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Edit: I should also mention that I got my lady a bottle of Green Salted Mango and it just smells incredible on her. She wears it all the time now that it's getting hot and WOW he really made a magic scent that's only $70.
    I just picked up a bottle of SGM after smelling a sample from another purchase. I thought it smelled a lot like Sel Marin, but better quality and less synthetic smelling. For the price, it was a no-brainer purchase for me since I love Sel Marin, but wish it smelled less synthetic. I get no mango by the way; just a very nice salty aquatic. Anyways, my wife hates most of the niche fragrances I own, but she loved this one. Unsolicited, enthusiastic compliments all day. I said it was unisex, so she could wear it too, and she replied that it smelled way too masculine. That baffled me, but at least she likes something I own for a change.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7