Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Rogue Perfumery - Mousse Illuminee - Is there anything else?

Gents,
    Could use some suggestions please.
    Seems from fragrances I have sampled and FB I own Mousse Illuminee stands out, might be one of, if not my favorite scent.
    Wondering if some forum members could recommend other fragrances that are worth sampling comparable to Mousse in scent, projection
    Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Dependent

Default Re: Rogue Perfumery - Mousse Illuminee - Is there anything else?

Chypre Siam and Le Canotier are also standouts. If you like vanilla/tobacco centric fragrances then Derviche would be up your street as well. Have a look at the Rogue Perfumery pass around thread for some first-hand reviews on the line.

Edit: Apologies, didn't read your query well enough... Not smelled much comparable in scent but you'd be looking at oakmoss heavy scents for starters. If you wanted something more brooding, sharper and darker then Trumper Eucris EdP is well worth a try. Otherwise, look into some old-school fragrances which are oakmoss-heavy. I'd still recommend the others in the line, however.

Polo

You may like Memoir Man from amouage

Mousse definitely shares some Polo character at the base level, layering with a sweeter/bright sheen. Great stuff.

Another take on sweet meets pine/forest is Fille en Aiguilles by Lutens. Does not smell particularly similar, but if you might dig it if "sweet forest" is appealing to you. The Lutens is much darker.

Memoir Man is also a good suggestion...it's more of a vetiver/frankincense, but I can see the crossover appeal with Mousse. It does a nice job with the light/dark juxtaposition.

Another that does a great job with the bright/dark thing is Fazzolari's Lampblack. Again, doesn't smell the same or really very similar, but thematically you might like it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

+1 to RL Polo.

Floris 1962 probably resides within the same postal code too...
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Freed from BN Institution

I hosted a Sample Pass for Rogue Perfumery. Here's the link, it might be very useful. Chypre-Siam and Derviche are good choice.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/461...ogue-Perfumery
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    You may like Memoir Man from amouage
    Maybe even Memoir's bigger, badder cousin Amouage Opus VII.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Mousse definitely shares some Polo character at the base level, layering with a sweeter/bright sheen. Great stuff.

Another take on sweet meets pine/forest is Fille en Aiguilles by Lutens. Does not smell particularly similar, but if you might dig it if "sweet forest" is appealing to you. The Lutens is much darker.

Memoir Man is also a good suggestion...it's more of a vetiver/frankincense, but I can see the crossover appeal with Mousse. It does a nice job with the light/dark juxtaposition.

Another that does a great job with the bright/dark thing is Fazzolari's Lampblack. Again, doesn't smell the same or really very similar, but thematically you might like it.
    To go along with these suggestions(although maybe the furthest afield): what about Arbole Arbole from Hiram Green. Sweet, honeyed forest with a patchouli bass. V different from the rest but may tick some boxes, I certainly love it.

And while I'm at it Dryad from Papillon is one of my top 3 green scents. Absolutely love it.