Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday, 12th October, 2019

SOTA

Mona di Orio Cuir

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    lt's been raining here all day, so the MIL & l cozied up on the sofa with a book each, while Mr teardrop went to the pub. l'm wearing Cadjmere 18 today.
    This sounds divine. It's finally chill in the air here so cozy hits the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    ClockworkAlice, never fear--I bought 2 pet beds for my beasties.

I'm wearing Oajan today, a Chicago Basenotes meetup purchase. It smells a bit like root beer this morning. I'll be cleaning today, my cleaning person has apparently quit without notice.
    I am my own cleaning person and my cleaning person has also quit without notice.

I am in Nahema for tonight.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli by Jalaine

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    HoP, thank you for the recommendation! I looked up Gold Sugar and... it's a citrusy gourmand with a woody base!? Should be right up my alley. Unless I'll have problems with coconut, I sometimes do find it a bit too much. I'll see if I can find it here. The Pink Sugar one is just such a funny thing, I chuckled when I first tried it, because it's so childish, girly and sugary, but just kept sniffing my inner elbow again and again - it's that addictive. It's the epitome of guilty pleasure - but a pleasure nonetheless.

About Lolita - I totally understand your sentiment. I remember the frairytale-like ads with the original bottle when I was just a kid (or in my early teens? who remembers now), I adored the whole aesthetics - I still do. The whole line kind of dances on the line of campiness, but very beautifully.

For Kenzo - I like the FlowerByKenzo line of theirs. But I like spices, so of course I liked Jungle, too.

Oh, I love your haircolour choices! After almost three years of dying my hair every shade of red, bright red, brownish-red, burgundy-red, aubergine-red and gingery-red (and I had a year when I dyed my hair ends in pink and fuchsia, but had to cut them all off this spring, because, well, bleaching and dye-ing doesn't make hair look healthier...) I finally succumbed and came back to my natural dark brown. The upkeep was such a hassle. I still left a tint of red balayage-style on my hair ends, but that's very subtle. I'm both comfortable coming back to my roots (oh the puns) and am missing the more interesting colour at the same time.

I'm not exactly sure, but I have read some rumours that the brand was sold and resold and finally rebought by Lempicka herself, and now she's running the brand as a family business and doesn't really distribute her fragrances outside France right now - or something along these lines. So it's entirely possible that she doesn't have the rights for the original bottle and had to make the change. If it's true, it's very unfortunate, but it only makes me want to support her more.
    The coconut in Gold Sugar is pronounced, for me. Not enough to be obnoxious. Sample, first, I recommend. I had Black Sugar first. I ended up trading / swapping. I liked it but, it seemed too "burnt".

I "bleach" most of my hair blonde, from my natural color of mousey brown, mid brown. I've been dying the ends of my hair for eons, long before it was popular. I used to use Kool-Aid beverage drink-mix, packages mixed with various, hair styling products to create color. Dicey in end results, at best. I don't care that I am nearly 60 y.o. It's my "signature" thing. I soak my ends in various conditioners but the split ends still occur from time to time. I don't care. My hair is down near my ass so if I trim the ends it is no big deal. I'm out for "style". LOL!

Lolita Lempicka will always be one of my favorites. I just totally dislike the new bottle design. It's just an aesthetic thing, I suppose.

There IS another Kenzo I enjoy - the name, just escapes me right now...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: Basic Black by Bill Blass

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20190214_141951_112.jpg

Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent (2003)
    oh look, I have a signature

I wore Iris de Nuit by Heeley.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Iris de Nuit by Heeley

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Mike, when’s the best time to visit Key West? Are there any months to avoid? I’m considering traveling there next year. Among other interests, I’m a Hemingway fan...
    It’s very hot in summer (but also very affordable): June-August.

You’ll love Key West! Dining is fantastic.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post

I "bleach" most of my hair blonde, from my natural color of mousey brown, mid brown. I've been dying the ends of my hair for eons, long before it was popular. I used to use Kool-Aid beverage drink-mix, packages mixed with various, hair styling products to create color. Dicey in end results, at best. I don't care that I am nearly 60 y.o. It's my "signature" thing. I soak my ends in various conditioners but the split ends still occur from time to time. I don't care. My hair is down near my ass so if I trim the ends it is no big deal. I'm out for "style". LOL!
    Whoa! Respect for always sticking with what you are and want to be!
    I wonder if the trend to dye your hair in all colours made you happy to see more colour around or a bit irritated that your looks aren't only your signature anymore (or indifferent at all to what others are doing with their hair, of course). (Sorry, I can't grammar this sentence, it seems off no matter how I rewrite it )
    Currently wearing: Black by Bulgari

Freed from BN Institution

SOTE was Creed Orange Spice
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Whoa! Respect for always sticking with what you are and want to be!
    I wonder if the trend to dye your hair in all colours made you happy to see more colour around or a bit irritated that your looks aren't only your signature anymore (or indifferent at all to what others are doing with their hair, of course). (Sorry, I can't grammar this sentence, it seems off no matter how I rewrite it )
    I actually think it's great, to see unusual colors in hair become mainstream. In school I was considered a freak.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: Basic Black by Bill Blass

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    I actually think it's great, to see unusual colors in hair become mainstream. In school I was considered a freak.
    Ouch, that's sad to hear.
    But I feel that way about more colours, too - it's much more fun this way!
    Currently wearing: Black by Bulgari