Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Interlude man VS Midnight Oud (ard Al Zaafaran)

Ive just bought 100ml of Midnight Oud for £15 and really like the fragrance,

Just wondered if anyone on the forum had an opinion if Amouage Interlude man is worth the 10x cost of Midnight Oud ?

Ive watched a couple of youtube reviews, just wanted the forums opinion ?

Thanks

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Amouage Interlude man VS Midnight Oud (ard Al Zaafaran)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    Ive just bought 100ml of Midnight Oud for £15 and really like the fragrance,

Just wondered if anyone on the forum had an opinion if Amouage Interlude man is worth the 10x cost of Midnight Oud ?

Ive watched a couple of youtube reviews, just wanted the forums opinion ?

Thanks
    If you really like what you bought, just stick with that. After all, it's what you know you already like.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you really like what you bought, just stick with that. After all, it's what you know you already like.
    After all these years of fragrance collecting I'm asking myself, why have I bought something that smells like something more expensive?
    When i can afford to buy the one that's more expensive.

There already has been some talk about this in thread about cheap Oud perfumes:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469...t=#post4730671

I wrote the following about the two main Interlude clones who are imo worth it 100% (all raving reviews and You Tubes are spot on imo)

- Swiss Arabian: Shaghaf Oud Abyad: more smokey version of Interlude with less oregano and incense and indeed more woody. Lasts 12hrs+ easily!

- Ard Al Zaafaran: Midnight Oud: More sweet woody version of Interlude with also less oregano and incense and more woody. Midnight Oud lasts also 12hrs + and is actually pretty similar to Abyad to my nose. Both are 90-95% of main Interlude smell and complete bargains as you look at their very cheap price! I am very happy with both of them. The box even looks the same as the Interlude one.....
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    There already has been some talk about this in thread about cheap Oud perfumes:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/469...t=#post4730671

I wrote the following about the two main Interlude clones who are imo worth it 100% (all raving reviews and You Tubes are spot on imo)

- Swiss Arabian: Shaghaf Oud Abyad: more smokey version of Interlude with less oregano and incense and indeed more woody. Lasts 12hrs+ easily!

- Ard Al Zaafaran: Midnight Oud: More sweet woody version of Interlude with also less oregano and incense and more woody. Midnight Oud lasts also 12hrs + and is actually pretty similar to Abyad to my nose. Both are 90-95% of main Interlude smell and complete bargains as you look at their very cheap price! I am very happy with both of them. The box even looks the same as the Interlude one.....

I own and enjoy Shaghaf Oud Abyad but still will purchase Interlude when I find it at a reasonable cost, just to have in my collection
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage