Code of Conduct

Default Should I get these fragrances?

I'm thinking of getting the following scents. I'm a 24 year old university student who likes to go out alot.

CK Obsession For Men - It's dirt cheap and I heard good things about it. Is it too mature for me? How's the longevity? Worth getting? Can get it for 22 usd.

Gianfranco Ferre L'uomo - Heard it has amazing longevity (is it true?) and is a D&G The One and Invictus fusion. If that's the case, I think I'll love it. Worth getting? Can get it for 27 usd.

Bentley for Men Intense - I'm not sure if I'll like this, but I read very very good reviews about it. Is it good for someone as young as me? How's the longevity? Is it a safe scent? Can get it for around 38 usd.

Mont Blanc Individuel - How's the longevity and the scent? Heard it's a Joop! Homme "lowered" version. I like Joop! but only the drydown and only if applied very very very safely. Is it a safe scent? Will it fit a 24 year old? Can get the 75ml for around 26 usd.

I'm asking these because I don't have access to smell them so I'd like some outside opinions. Thanks!

Default Re: Should I get these fragrances?

For me, Joop! is way better than Individuel.

Individuel gives me a really bad headache every time I wear it. Joop! does not.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post

Does Joop/Individuel? fit a mid 20s, or am I too young for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Manitar View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the following scents. I'm a 24 year old university student who likes to go out alot.

CK Obsession For Men - It's dirt cheap and I heard good things about it. Is it too mature for me? How's the longevity? Worth getting? Can get it for 22 usd.
    Wouldn't be my first recommendation for someone in their mid-20s. The current version is pretty synthetic, but pleasant. Wears a bit old-school.

Bentley for Men Intense - I'm not sure if I'll like this, but I read very very good reviews about it. Is it good for someone as young as me? How's the longevity? Is it a safe scent? Can get it for around 38 usd.
    Not my idea of "safe."

Very loud, very long-lasting, very masculine. Has a bit of mature swagger. Best worn in properly cold weather. Very well-made, but not necessarily a crowd-pleaser.

Mont Blanc Individuel - How's the longevity and the scent? Heard it's a Joop! Homme "lowered" version. I like Joop! but only the drydown and only if applied very very very safely. Is it a safe scent? Will it fit a 24 year old? Can get the 75ml for around 26 usd.
    Works for your age set better than the other options, I think.

Some possible recommendations: L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDP (the current version has a youthful edge, I think, but it also has some class with that terrific Guerlain quality) or Cartier L'Envol EDP. Both skew a touch formal.

Two other cheapies I think that would be great fall/winter scents for a twentysomething
    Hanae Mori HiM EDP and Zirh Ikon. Both kinda casual and fun.
    The Brooks Otterlake Sale Thread

Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, Franck Boclet Tobacco, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDT, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford for Men Extreme

From this list, would go for GFF l'Uomo and/or Montblanc Individuel - as either/both are good value for money choices, age appropriate as well as with decent performance

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Gianfranco Ferre L'uomo - Heard it has amazing longevity (is it true?) and is a D&G The One and Invictus fusion. If that's the case, I think I'll love it. Worth getting? Can get it for 27 usd.

I'm asking these because I don't have access to smell them so I'd like some outside opinions. Thanks!
    I haven't tried the Gianfranco Ferre, otherwise the Bentley is the only one bottle worthy out of those three. It'll work fine on a 24 year old, and could be a good cooler weather signature scent.
    Currently wearing: Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

It's fine for a younger person.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I would recommend Bentley for Men Intense and Mont Blanc Individuel from the list.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I would recommend Bentley for Men Intense and Mont Blanc Individuel from the list.
    What's your opinion on the Gianfranco Ferre L'uomo? Have you tried it? I'm okay with it being a generic scent, if it's well done.

Basenotes Plus

+1 Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP - excellent stuff!

Try these too:

Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee
    Prada L’Homme
    Prada L’Homme Intense
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Intense
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Carolina Herrera CH Men
    Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive
    Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

I would probably choose Obsession and Bentley Intense from your list, but I'm a lot older. The Mont Blanc is probably a more obvious young person's scent but in the end you are better off trying them and going with the one you like most.
    If you have to blind buy then I'd say Bentley Intense ( I don't know the Gianfranco Ferre scent )

i'd look into paco rabanne fragrances at your age imo..

Obsession is an old man scent. Avoid for another 30-40 years at least.
    I think you will enjoy the others, but if you already own Joop you can probably skip Individuel. I actually prefer Individuel by a large margin, but some ingredient in it can offend/bother people around you, which I have never encountered with Joop. They aren't overly similar, but you won't need both.
    Currently Rotating:

*Davidoff Cool Water Summer 2018
    *YSL L'Homme Ultime
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Dior Sauvage edT
    *Versace Pour Homme Dylan Blue

Perfectly fitted for that age range IMO.

L'Uomo is a cheap blend on The One and Invictus. IMO you're better off with either one of the latter products instead.

Bentley Intense can be very hit or miss and I think it depends on your style if you can pull it off. It's pretty bold and loud and your personal fashion style should suit that. Boss Intense is a safer alternative and garners a lot of compliments. I think it's a bit too sweet but it fetches a lot of compliments when I wear it. I prefer The One EDP but Boss Intense gets a more positive reaction when I wear it.

What's your opinion on the Gianfranco Ferre L'uomo? Have you tried it? I'm okay with it being a generic scent, if it's well done.
    I have tried it, but personally didn't care very much for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

U gotta try Obsession , when I was 14 I loved Obsession and Joop and I was just teen liking grown men stuff at that time , I believe Obsession maybe a little dated for you at 24 I'm 41..but only u can decide if it's right for u..yes it's a good cologne , and if u want the true Obsession , hunt down the vintage formula, today's stuff is differ ,still has Obsession DNA but it's off a bit from the original

And Joop still smells like Joop not much change at all I think u will like Joop

They're all extremely cheap, so even if you don't fall in love with any of them, you're not missing out on much.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Individuel for sure. It's very safe for work and lasts about 6 hours on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Obsession (***), Ferre Uomo (***), Bentley (***) and Individuel (*)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    i'd look into paco rabanne fragrances at your age imo..
    Agree, I'll go with Invictus or 1 Million

Freed from BN Institution

I would recommend one of these instead: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt or YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    They're all extremely cheap, so even if you don't fall in love with any of them, you're not missing out on much.
    True enough.

Obsession and Joop were really great clubbing Scents for me, in the 90s LOL. Bentley is well blended, boozey, a winter friendly option with strong performance IMO. Ferre looks to be interesting, I haven't tried it. I like Individual but haven't wore it in a while
    a friend about your age wears Bentley Momentum Intense and it really works for him, that might be an option that is reasonable priced .
    welcome to the Fragrance journey/obsession, enjoy and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post

I feel you!
    I'm glad I sampled Individuel and not blind bought it.
    I don't get all the hype with this scent, for me it's a very annoying super "synthetic" (in a bad way) smell and I wouldn't want to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I'm glad I sampled Individuel and not blind bought it.
    I don't get all the hype with this scent, for me it's a very annoying super "synthetic" (in a bad way) smell and I wouldn't want to wear it.
    ...agreed!