Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 60 of 60

Thread: Guerlain Derby

  1. #31
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,330

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    I own all the formulations in all kind of bottles.
    I like each and every one of them. They are all close but not exactly the same.
    I would choose the eagle bottle if i would have to decide only for one of them though.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  2. #32

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Hi. Do any of you know where to buy DERBY online in the EU? I would be very thankful for a direct link. Thanks

  3. #33
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A true Derby connoisseur!
    I wish i were Hednic. I just happen to like it a lot.

  4. #34
    Dependent Francolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    7,209

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgm79 View Post
    Hi. Do any of you know where to buy DERBY online in the EU? I would be very thankful for a direct link. Thanks
    guerlain.com

  5. #35
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Just received an 8 ml. sample from "The Perfumed Court" looking forward to trying it for the first time today.
    The glass bottle was labeled Guerlain Derby Reissue is that how the current formulation is being classified? Has anyone else tried a Derby sample labeled the same way from Perfume Court ? How does it compare to original?
    The word "reissue" creates this less than image for me........ will get over it I am sure.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

  6. #36

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    guerlain.com
    Thanks Francolino, but they do not sell from their online site. They point you to stores in your area but none of them holds this one in my area of Copenhagen

  7. #37
    Yes!
    Paradeiserl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border
    Posts
    2,199

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    @"Franke" Monsieur Montana >>> what is meant by the eagle bottle?

    I only knew the version from 1985 - and that was, is for me the dream of this fragrance!

    Is that this version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    I own all the formulations in all kind of bottles.
    I like each and every one of them. They are all close but not exactly the same.
    I would choose the eagle bottle if i would have to decide only for one of them though.
    Currently wearing: Honour Woman by Amouage

  8. #38
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post
    @"Franke" Monsieur Montana >>> what is meant by the eagle bottle?

    I only knew the version from 1985 - and that was, is for me the dream of this fragrance!

    Is that this version?

    There are more than one bottles. Have a look here. The "eagle" bottle is the one you mean (the bottles on the left in the picture).
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #39
    Dependent Francolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    7,209

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgm79 View Post
    but they do not sell from their online site. They point you to stores in your area but none of them holds this one in my area of Copenhagen
    Such a shame, in Italy they do! Sorry!

  10. #40
    Dependent saminlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    2,581

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgm79 View Post
    Thanks Francolino, but they do not sell from their online site. They point you to stores in your area but none of them holds this one in my area of Copenhagen
    I'm sure if you called the main Guerlain boutique on the Champs Élysées they would send it to you.

  11. #41

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I'm sure if you called the main Guerlain boutique on the Champs Élysées they would send it to you.
    I will try by email first. Thanks for the suggestion

  12. #42
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by newatthis66 View Post
    Just received an 8 ml. sample from "The Perfumed Court" looking forward to trying it for the first time today.
    The glass bottle was labeled Guerlain Derby Reissue is that how the current formulation is being classified? Has anyone else tried a Derby sample labeled the same way from Perfume Court ? How does it compare to original?
    The word "reissue" creates this less than image for me........ will get over it I am sure.
    The re-issue is what we've been talking about, in the bottle not everyone likes, wood-framed glass panes. I actually like it.

    More specifically, I'm talking about the current version of the re-issue - I don't know if it's exactly the same as what the Perfumed Court sent you, however, if you like that, you'll like the current version I'm almost certain. The re-issued bottles might all smell the same. Current version smells dressy and sharp. Original (eagle bottle) is also good. I'd rather have one of each than two bottles of the original. I'd rather have two bottles of the original with Antaeus or Polo - almost anything else.

  13. #43
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    The re-issue is what we've been talking about, in the bottle not everyone likes, wood-framed glass panes. I actually like it.

    More specifically, I'm talking about the current version of the re-issue - I don't know if it's exactly the same as what the Perfumed Court sent you, however, if you like that, you'll like the current version I'm almost certain. The re-issued bottles might all smell the same. Current version smells dressy and sharp. Original (eagle bottle) is also good. I'd rather have one of each than two bottles of the original. I'd rather have two bottles of the original with Antaeus or Polo - almost anything else.
    Thanks for your comments, after one day wear - I like it, do not love it, will let it rest a few days and retry.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

  14. #44
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by newatthis66 View Post
    Thanks for your comments, after one day wear - I like it, do not love it, will let it rest a few days and retry.
    At first, I liked a chypre much more than this type of chypre plus, leather chypre in this case, I think. Vanilla chypres in some other cases. Even now, those can still be my favorites: Chanel Pour Monsieur, Guerlain Mitsouko, Lancome Sagamore, Gucci Pour Homme (1976).

    Here are the notes from Guerlain's website at the moment:

    Derby comes from Jean-Paul Guerlain’s vision when he visited the El Djem amphitheatre in Tunisia. This brazen fragrance is dedicated to dauntless men. It develops this quest for the absolute that moves to the rhythm of today’s elegance. A warm and sensual fragrance, elegant armour for men.
    The fragrance is showcased in a bottle with clean lines, simply framed in wood for a terribly contemporary allure.
    1985 re-edition.

    FRAGRANCE
    Fougère, Chypre, Leather. (It's all three according to Guerlain)
    Audacious, bold, virile.
    Top notes: orange, bergamot.
    Heart notes: spices, Indian wood, carnation.
    Base notes: patchouli, leather, forest floor notes.

    PERFUMER SECRETS
    Derby, a composition that is both heathen and very civilised: an invasion of overflowing spices, wood and leather, the signature of a shrewd and refined man. A rare fougère, chypre and leather accord that demands respect and admiration. The quintessence of a style.

    ALSO DISCOVER
    Chamade pour Homme - Eau de Toilette

  15. #45
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    41,469

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    There are more than one bottles. Have a look here. The "eagle" bottle is the one you mean (the bottles on the left in the picture).
    Is this your absolute favorite from Guerlain? Did it take a while to amass this collection?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

  16. #46
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Is this your absolute favorite from Guerlain? Did it take a while to amass this collection?
    Yes it is. It took me 3 years to find the bottles. Two more bottles are not displayed in the photo.

  17. #47
    Yes!
    Paradeiserl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border
    Posts
    2,199

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    @Monsieur Montana >> Thanks for the very detailed photo!
    Did not know that there are so many flacon version.

    Especially that there was also a bottle version, in which one otherwise only knew the vetiver (bottle on the far right).

    I did not know that one calls this special and big bottle as eagle bottle!
    I myself only had a bottle like the first one - so the bottle at the front of the picture.
    Currently wearing: Honour Woman by Amouage

  18. #48
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradeiserl View Post
    @Monsieur Montana >> Thanks for the very detailed photo!
    Did not know that there are so many flacon version.

    Especially that there was also a bottle version, in which one otherwise only knew the vetiver (bottle on the far right).

    I did not know that one calls this special and big bottle as eagle bottle!
    I myself only had a bottle like the first one - so the bottle at the front of the picture.
    You are welcome my friend, and thanks for the mail.

  19. #49
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,310

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    There are more than one bottles. Have a look here. The "eagle" bottle is the one you mean (the bottles on the left in the picture).
    All yours?.......wow!
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

  20. #50
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    All yours?.......wow!
    Hahaha..Yes, all mine my friend.

  21. #51
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Whispers in the Library

  22. #52
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Looking good, Monsieur Montana!

    MM Derby.jpg

    And two more not pictured?

    That's the re-issue new in cellophane, I believe? And of course, the gold cap, vintage Listerine bottle - the juice is so much lighter colored.

    The eagle bottles in front and back are aftershaves? Maybe just the one in the front. That big eagle bottle is cool. That juice color seems more ideal to me. My eagle bottle is also the dark juice like your 100-ml eagle bottles.

  23. #53
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Looking good, Monsieur Montana!

    MM Derby.jpg

    And two more not pictured?

    That's the re-issue new in cellophane, I believe? And of course, the gold cap, vintage Listerine bottle - the juice is so much lighter colored.

    The eagle bottles in front and back are aftershaves?
    Yes Bavard. One is a bee bottle and the other the latest vesrsion. (I used to have one more bottle but i have already told you what happened...).
    The smallest of them in front (in the photo) is the only AS of 50 m. The rest are all EDT's of 100 ml's except the one in the back left which is a 200 ml's EDT bottle.

  24. #54
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    The rest are all EDT's of 100 ml's except the one in the back left which is a 200 ml's EDT bottle.
    I love that 200-ml bottle. It's a splash?

    Having lost one is a bummer, but you're clearly in good shape with your Derby collection.

  25. #55
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I love that 200-ml bottle. It's a splash?

    Having lost one is a bummer, but you're clearly in good shape with your Derby collection.
    Do be sincere i do not remember
    I have to check it nut i think it is a Splash Version.

  26. #56
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Having lost one is a bummer, but you're clearly in good shape with your Derby collection.
    If it was onky this one i would be the happiest person. The list is toooo long...And the perfumes lost...gems...

  27. #57
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    41,469

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    Yes it is. It took me 3 years to find the bottles. Two more bottles are not displayed in the photo.
    This is by far the largest Derby collection that I've seen.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

  28. #58
    Dependent DuNezDeBuzier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CITY by THE LAKE
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    I'd like to thank mr. montana for some of the finest fragrance porn I've seen in awhile! It's giving me needs I cannot help.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

    MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan

  29. #59
    Dependent Monsieur Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,046

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    I'd like to thank mr. montana for some of the finest fragrance porn I've seen in awhile! It's giving me needs I cannot help.
    You are welcome, it is a pleasure knowing that perfume porn still sells

  30. #60
    Dependent peter4ptv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    L. A. California
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: Guerlain Derby

    strangely, i have never can get the hype about derby and bel ami, for the type i find vintage aramis way better than any of this 2 in any version.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga




Similar Threads

  1. Where to get Guerlain Derby from in UK/EU?
    By MonsieurChanel in forum Online Shopping
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th September 2018, 10:20 AM
  2. Guerlain Derby - Les Parisiennes Derby
    By RubenC in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10th December 2009, 01:22 AM
  3. Guerlain Derby
    By Rockford in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th July 2006, 04:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000