Code of Conduct

Thread: Gym headphones

Default Gym headphones

Can you use wireless earbuds or headphones at a gym that has machines that use a jack to hear the Tv or cycling program? Do i need some sort of transmitter ? Any recommendations on which earbud or headphones work well on eliptical machines and treadmills? May or may not use my IPhone XR for Spotify to workout to.

Default Re: Gym headphones

At my gym, most of the machines do not have blutooth enabled for wireless headsets, but I would imagine they should move in that direction soon, as wireless headsets and earbuds are pretty much the norm now.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

In most cases, the equipment won't have built-in bluetooth, although the industry is moving in that direction. In the meantime, you can get an adapter, like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QJ0W8Q
    It's inexpensive enough at $15 US.

I would figure the larger chain gyms, LA Fitness, Lifetime, Planet Fitness, will eventually switch to that when they upgrade to new equipment. Who knows, though. Could be a year, two years.
    I don't have wireless earbuds yet. I hate the wires but they weigh less and aren't as big.

Saw that NewEgg had refurbished Jabra Elite 65t, $72 instead of $160. Wonder if they pair easily with an Iphone

Banned

I have the Bose Soundsport wireless noise cancelling earpieces and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough. Amazing sound quality and with them in I can’t hear any outside noise. Honestly if I was buying wired I’d either pick up a paid of Sennheiser or a cheap pair of $10 Skullcandy from Target

I miss the old shape of the ipod and iPhone earbuds. The plain round ones. Those fit perfectly. The new design falls out of my ear. And just about every single other brand falls out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I miss the old shape of the ipod and iPhone earbuds. The plain round ones. Those fit perfectly. The new design falls out of my ear. And just about every single other brand falls out as well.
    You may want to check these out:

https://www.jlabaudio.com/collection...reless-earbuds

I got a pair about 2 months ago, and they're rock-solid. Good sound quality, about 5 hours on a charge, charging case (about 4-5 additional charges for the buds themselves). I'm using them with the foam tips, and they fit snugly. The touch controls are good, too. The only downside is that if you only want to use one of them, it has to be the right one. The left one won't work on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by swangner View Post
    You may want to check these out:

https://www.jlabaudio.com/collection...reless-earbuds

I got a pair about 2 months ago, and they're rock-solid. Good sound quality, about 5 hours on a charge, charging case (about 4-5 additional charges for the buds themselves). I'm using them with the foam tips, and they fit snugly. The touch controls are good, too. The only downside is that if you only want to use one of them, it has to be the right one. The left one won't work on its own.
    I have several pair similar to those in shape and those constantly pop out as well. These don't look that much different.

I went on Amazon and got some Tozo T10 buds for $41 shipped. Was about to get a refurbished pair of Elite 65T by Jabra, the Active version, for $80 shipped on the Jabra store on Ebay, but these got great reviews and one or two sites, consumers rated them higher overall. I can always give them to the Wife, and grab a better pair like Bose or even the Jabras if I really love wireless.